Experiencing a rideshare accident can be terrifying. Whether you were hit by a rideshare driver or were a passenger in a rideshare hit by another car, you may feel unsure what to do after. It can be difficult to determine which insurance provider should cover a rideshare accident. You may not be up to this challenge while recovering from your injuries, either.
If you suffered injuries or lost a family member in a rideshare accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. A Port St. Lucie Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Who is at Fault in a Lyft or Uber Accident in Port St. Lucie?
As in any other type of motor vehicle accident, it is critical to determine which driver was at fault. All drivers have a responsibility to drive safely, follow traffic rules, and consider weather and road conditions. Drivers who disregard these responsibilities and cause an accident may prove negligent and may be held liable for the accident.
Here are some examples of negligent driving:
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Driving while intoxicated
- Texting while driving
After an accident, the police and insurance companies may investigate. We may also independently investigate the accident to determine if negligence caused or contributed to it.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Port St. Lucie, 800-747-3733
How Much Insurance Coverage do Rideshare Drivers Carry?
Uber and Lyft offer the same insurance coverage to their drivers, but the drivers are only covered while they are driving for either company, not while they are off duty. Drivers who have the app on and are available or waiting for a ride request have the following coverage:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
Drivers who are en route to pick up riders or who are carrying riders have the following coverage:
- $1,000,000 third-party injury
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury
- Contingent comprehensive coverage and collision that provides up to the actual cash value of the case with a $2,500 deductible
Port St. LucieUber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Recoverable Damages After a Rideshare Accident in Port St. Lucie
Our firm can estimate how much your damages are worth and help you pursue compensation from the rideshare driver or the rideshare’s insurance provider. In general, people with more severe injuries are entitled to greater compensation.
You may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages after the accident.
Economic damages compensate you for expenses caused by the accident. These expenses may include:
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, follow-up care, surgeries, therapies, and more
- Future medical treatments if you require ongoing care or future surgeries
- Lost wages for an unpaid period you must take off work
Our injury lawyers can calculate the value of your economic damages with medical bills and records, past wage statements, and expert testimony from your doctors.
Non-economic damages compensate you for losses that do not come with an exact dollar amount. These losses may include:
- Permanent disabilities or disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- Mental anguish
- Inability to enjoy favorite activities or hobbies
- Reduced quality of life
Our rideshare accident attorneys can document your non-economic damages with pictures of your injuries, medical records, and interviews with you, your family, and friends.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
How a Rideshare Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Our team can help you in many ways if you were hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident. Here are some things we can do for you:
- Investigate your accident
- Recommend a healthcare provider and help you schedule an appointment
- Update you on the progress of your case
- File an insurance claim for you and submit supporting documents
- Negotiate a settlement with the other driver’s insurance provider
- File a lawsuit on your behalf
Port St. Lucie Uber and Lyft Rideshare AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
We Have a History of Resolving Motor Vehicle Accidents
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have helped many clients successfully resolve motor vehicle accident cases. Here are some positive reviews from our clients:
“Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.”
“I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous and caring group which work hard for their clients. I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results. Thank you Ana for always being so pleasant and to Attorney Jonathon Holtz for all you did for me. I would definitely recommend this law firm…and would definitely use them again.”
File Your Rideshare Accident Lawsuit Before Florida’s Deadline
Florida limits the amount of time you have to take legal action against the driver who caused your accident. The following laws may affect your case:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) sets the statute of limitations for personal injury at four years. This means you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) sets the statute of limitations for wrongful death at two years. This means you have two years from the date your loved one passed away to file a lawsuit.
In general, once the statute of limitations has passed, you have no legal recourse against the at-fault driver. After a Lyft or Uber accident in Port St. Lucie, a lawyer from our team can explain how these deadlines affect your case.
Our Team Can Help You After a Rideshare Accident in Port St. Lucie
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide responsive legal care after an Uber or Lyft accident in Port St. Lucie. Your lawyer can help recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call our office today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case consultation. We work on contingency, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW