It is impossible to give an average settlement for a Lyft accident, as your settlement value depends on the unique facts of your case. However, it is generally based on how much medical care you needed or the income you lost, among other things.
You should know that Lyft accidents could be covered by Lyft, should the circumstances of the accident call for it. We can determine who is liable for your losses and help you file a claim or lawsuit.
How Settlement Values are Calculated
Car accident settlements are determined based on a number of factors, including:
- How severely you were injured
- How much your medical bills cost—and will cost
- How the accident affected your income and career
- How the accident affected your quality of life
Essentially, if the injuries caused by the accident will cost you a lot of money and your life will no longer be the same (either in the short or long term), we can seek a higher settlement amount.
Still, you may be surprised by how much you may be able to pursue in a settlement—even if your injuries weren’t catastrophic.
Car Accident Settlement Scenarios
Let’s say you had a major traumatic brain injury that will require months or years of physical therapy in addition to surgeries. Your past and future medical bills could be overwhelming. In this situation, you may need to change careers if you can’t work in your former capacity, and you may no longer be able to enjoy your former activities. You can imagine that such a situation might allow you to seek much more.
On the other hand, injuries that affect you in the short term could entail tens of thousands of dollars between ER visits and surgeries—not to mention, serious pain. We can consider how an accident has affected your finances and your life as a whole when we investigate your case value.
Don’t dismiss your own case’s potential for compensation. We can help you determine how much it is worth and build a compelling case on your behalf.
Does Lyft Pay for Your Losses After an Accident?
Lyft carries insurance coverage in the event that a Lyft driver causes an accident. However, Lyft’s insurance coverage only applies in certain situations.
- Maximum coverage from Lyft may apply when drivers are actively shuttling a passenger, which covers up to $1 million in third-party liability.
- Mid-level coverage from Lyft may apply when drivers are on duty for Lyft and seeking out a ride. This policy could be up to $50,000 per person for bodily injury and up to $25,000 in property damage.
However, Lyft’s insurance will not apply if the driver wasn’t actively logged into the Lyft app when they hit you. In such a situation, you may have to go through the driver’s own auto insurance coverage.
Miami rideshare accidents can be complicated, but we can sort out the details of who was liable and how to seek the compensation you need to recover.
Can You Sue Lyft?
This is a common question after a rideshare accident. The short answer is: possibly, but it’s complicated.
Rideshare companies employ drivers on a contract basis, so Lyft may be able to argue that they are not responsible because Lyft drivers aren’t employees.
On the other hand, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the driver if their own auto insurance doesn’t fully cover your losses. We can help you understand all of your legal options in the event of a rideshare accident.
Steps We will Take to Seek Compensation for You
It can be a serious undertaking to pursue a claim through Lyft on your own. Rideshare claims are not easy to sort out, and Lyft will be bringing a legal team of its own to the table.
We can handle all of the important steps of your case for you, including:
- Gathering compelling evidence of liability and your losses. We will do a full investigation of your case and gather evidence to prove the settlement amount we believe you deserve.
- Negotiating for the best possible settlement. You don’t have to handle the back and forth with insurance adjusters or the other party’s lawyers. We can negotiate for your full and fair compensation.
- Taking your case to court, if necessary. For instance, if the driver’s own insurance coverage falls short of covering your losses, we may be able to file suit. We can work to meet Florida’s deadline to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes §95.11.
Why Choose Our Lawyers for Representation?
We go the extra mile for our clients. When you work with our team, you can expect to receive your lawyer’s phone number and get your questions answered.
We will also:
- Meet you at your home or even a hospital if you are unable to travel
- Speak with you anytime, day or night
- Offer you a free case review to help you get clear on your options
You don’t have to be alone in your case any longer. We can be with you every step of the way.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today for a Free Case Review
During your initial case review, you can ask us more about the average settlement amount for Lyft accident cases like yours. You can also ask about our contingency fee structure, which means you pay nothing to get started with your case.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to get the help you need now.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW