There is no one average settlement value for Uber accidents. Every accident is different, and several factors influence how much your case may be worth, such as:
- The extent of your injuries
- The cost of your losses
- Whether Uber’s insurance coverage applies in your case
Determining Your Recoverable Losses After an Accident
You may be able to seek compensation for a number of your accident-related losses, which could be considered in your insurance claim. When we calculate the value of these losses, we will take past, present, and future losses into account.
Depending on the details of your case, you could seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
However, your case may have to meet certain criteria to seek certain forms of compensation, such as pain and suffering—we can tell you what you can pursue.
Essentially, if your medical bills were especially high and your injuries severely affected your life, on the whole, you may be able to seek a higher settlement amount.
How Much the Accident has Impacted Your Life
In some cases, the accident can totally upend your normal life. For instance:
- Your ability to work could be so limited that you have to switch jobs or job titles.
- Your ability to enjoy former hobbies or activities could be limited.
- Your mental health may have suffered because of the crash and your injuries.
- Your ability to live independently could be affected in the short or long term.
If hardships such as these have changed your everyday life, your case could also be worth more.
Understanding What Uber’s Insurance Could Cover
Uber’s insurance policy maximums are quite high—and therefore, you may be able to seek more in a settlement—but determining what Uber may cover depends on several details of your case.
If You Were an Uber Passenger
If you were an Uber passenger during the time of the accident, you may be able to file a claim through Uber’s insurance policy. According to Uber, this policy covers up to $1 million for third-party liability claims.
If an Uber Driver Hit You While on the Clock
You may be filing a claim through your insurance company to begin with unless your case meets certain criteria for serious injury. If your injuries are serious, however, you could pursue an insurance claim to seek compensation from the liable party. In such cases, we will help you determine who is liable for paying you: the driver or Uber.
Determining who could be liable when an Uber driver hits you can be complicated. In short, Uber’s insurance coverage would only apply when:
- The Uber driver was actively logged into the app and waiting for a ride request.
- The Uber driver was on the way to pick up or shuttle a passenger.
If an Uber Driver Hit You While They Weren’t Working
If the Uber driver was not actively logged into the app and working for Uber when they hit you, the driver’s personal insurance coverage would apply if you are eligible to seek compensation from them.
We can help you understand who may be liable for your accident and what forms of compensation you may be able to seek.
How We Could Help with Your Uber Accident
Understanding your options after an Uber accident can be especially challenging. We are here to help.
We can handle every part of the process of your case for you, including:
- Collecting compelling evidence for your case
- Determining liability for your accident
- Handling all communications and negotiation with insurers for you
- Ensuring your case complies with the deadline to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a)
You worry about getting better—we will handle everything else.
We can Get to Work for You
When you work with our Uber accident lawyers, you can expect that:
- Your case review is free.
- You owe us no upfront or hidden fees when we get started.
- We collect our payment only if we win your case.
- You will get your lawyer’s phone number.
- We are available for your questions 24/7.
If you need help with repairing your car, we can also help you make those arrangements. You don’t have to be alone in your case with our team on your side. We will go the extra mile for you.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today for a Free Case Review
You may want to know more about the average settlement for an Uber accident, and we can tell you more about possible settlement values for cases like yours. You can call us for free, and we will answer all your questions.
Get started with your case today. Reach someone from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.