If you were involved in a Lyft accident in Jacksonville, you should consider hiring a lawyer. They can negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement or possibly even sue the liable party for a court verdict. In any case, your lawyer will fight on your behalf for your due compensation.
Right now, you have enough to worry about, including your health and your family. Your lawyer can worry about legal matters and financial compensation for you.
What Exactly Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Lyft Accident In Jacksonville?
A regular car accident can be really disorienting, and a Lyft accident can be even more so, especially for a passenger. Since your accident, you may be wondering whether you should handle the situation the same way you’d handle a regular car accident.
Regardless of the type of accident, you should do the following:
- Call the police: Generally, it is a good idea to get an officer to the scene, as they will create valuable evidence through the police report. They may even assist with taking photos and gathering eyewitness testimony and insurance information for all of the involved parties.
- Seek medical attention: You may have an injury without any current symptoms, like a concussion or a torn ligament. With such injuries, it can take time for symptoms to arise. Before they do arise and worsen, you should seek medical attention.
- Contact a lawyer: If you do this right away, a rideshare accident lawyer can report the accident to your car insurance provider on your behalf. Your lawyer will also explain the situation and your damages to the appropriate insurer. Depending on your situation, your lawyer may be able to pursue compensation from Lyft or the driver, instead.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Should I Collect Evidence Of My Damages?
You could collect evidence for your car accident lawyer. For example, if you have bills for the repair of your vehicle, keep them so your lawyer can include them in your insurance claim.
However, your lawyer will collect evidence on your behalf, including:
- Your receipts for your property damage
- The police accident report
- A witness’s cell phone photos/video recordings
- Your medical records
- Additional medical documentation, like receipts for physical therapy
Should I Collect Evidence For A Potential Lawsuit?
The evidence we mentioned could be used in a potential lawsuit against Lyft or even the Lyft driver. However, you’ll likely also need evidence of the other party’s liability. This evidence could be:
- Traffic camera footage of the accident
- Dash camera footage
- A witness’s account of the accident
- Data from the Lyft app
- Data from the event data recorder in the Lyft driver’s vehicle
Such evidence can be hard to find, but your lawyer can find it for you. They could even get an expert witness, like a car accident reconstructionist, to testify in the courtroom.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Should I Sue if I am Involved in a Lyft Accident in Jacksonville?
You may be able to sue the Lyft driver or the company if your lawyer can prove the party’s liability for the incident and your injuries. Suing may be best if:
- Your injuries are severe
- You believe you won’t recover all of your damages through Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance
You can discuss the option with your lawyer who will assess your eligibility to file a lawsuit.
Should I Settle My Lyft Accident Case?
The better option may be for your lawyer to negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement. They could fight to recover all of your damages, including certain physical, mental, emotional, and financial damages the insurer may not typically compensate for.
Why Should I Hire A Jacksonville Lyft Accident Lawyer Soon?
If you’re considering a lawsuit, the sooner you hire a lawyer, the more time they will have to meet Florida’s personal injury lawsuit filing deadline. Generally, this deadline is 4 years from the date of an incident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
Learn More About What You Should Do After A Lyft Accident In Jacksonville, FL
If you were involved in a Lyft accident, connect with our firm. We’ll ask about your case and advise you on next steps. We’ll also tell you all about working with one of our Lyft accident attorneys in Jacksonville, FL. Your attorney will work for you at no charge until we recover compensation for you.
Our car accident attorneys handle cases like yours regularly, so you can trust in our experience. You can also trust us to fight hard for fair results. To learn more about us and consult with us for free, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW