You may qualify for wrongful death compensation if your loved one suffered a fatal accident because of negligence or wrongdoing. A Pembroke Pines wrongful death lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you determine if another party is financially liable for your family member’s medical bills and other damages.
Our lawyers will take care of your insurance claim or lawsuit while you and your family cope with the loss of your loved one. We know that legal action and monetary awards cannot take away your grief. Still, we hope our compassionate team of attorneys can help you find a measure of justice and financial security.
Wrongful Deaths Result from Negligence
From accidental drownings to motor vehicle collisions on Interstate 75 or University Drive, many types of accidents can lead to a wrongful death case in Pembroke Pines. According to Florida Statutes § 768.19, you can pursue compensation if your loved one died because of negligence or wrongdoing.
It may be helpful to think of wrongful death cases as a type of personal injury action taken on behalf of a deceased party. Incidents that can result in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit include:
- Car, truck, and bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Medical malpractice
- Negligent property conditions
- Swimming pool accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Birth injuries
- Injuries caused by defective products or medical devices
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Pembroke Pines, 800-747-3733
Who Can Pursue Wrongful Death Damages in Florida?
Florida law does not allow family members to file wrongful death cases. Instead, the deceased’s personal representative (executor) acts as the defendant. The executor can pursue damages on behalf of surviving family members and the deceased’s estate. According to Florida Statutes § 768.21, the claim must list each beneficiary. Eligible family members include the deceased’s:
- Biological or adopted children
- Other biological or adopted beneficiaries who depended on the deceased’s support
The executor can also pursue expenses paid by the deceased while living or their estate after death. The estate collects these damages, which are distributed among the beneficiaries. Make sure the executor does not wait too long to take action. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), the statute of limitations for wrongful death is two years.
Pembroke PinesWrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Compensation May Include Economic and Noneconomic Awards
Our attorneys can help you recover actual expenses resulting from your loved one’s death and damages related to your pain and suffering.
Economic damages include the cost of medical treatment, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and other out-of-pocket expenses resulting from your loved one’s death. We can help you seek awards for:
- Emergency transportation and treatment, doctor and hospital bills, medications, in-home health services, and medical procedures
- Your loved one’s lost wages, benefits, tips, or retirement income from the time of injury to death
- Future income and savings your loved one would have earned had they lived
- Funeral or memorial services, burial plots, caskets, embalming, or cremation
- The value of your loved one’s lost services and support
Noneconomic damages compensate surviving family members for intangible losses, including:
- Mental pain and suffering
- Loss of parental guidance and instruction
- Loss of the deceased’s companionship and protection
What Is the Value of Your Case?
Every wrongful death case is unique. How much we can recover on behalf of your loved one depends on various factors such as their age, their income, and the extent of their final medical treatment. Additionally, minor children may qualify for more awards than adult descendants.
Our lawyers will work to identify all of the eligible damages in your case. We want to help you secure the most advantageous settlement or verdict available so that you and your family have the resources you need to settle your loved one’s estate and move forward.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Why Should You Hire Our Pembroke Pines Attorneys?
We Have More Than 15 Years of Legal Experience
We have spent more than a decade and a half working with victims and their families. We know what it takes to investigate and build a robust wrongful death case. Our team will collect physical evidence, interview witnesses, obtain police reports and medical records, and work with professionals who have expertise pertaining to your case.
We will prove that the party who caused your loved one’s accident is liable and identify every dollar they owe you. We will argue your case using our knowledge of Florida law and aggressively negotiate on your behalf. If necessary, we will represent you at trial.
We Are Committed to Service
Losing a loved one is one of life’s most difficult experiences. While we cannot take away that pain, we can relieve your legal burden so that you can focus on healing from your grief. Our team strives to go the extra mile for every client, as evidenced by our reviews:
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great.” – Charles L.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
Furthermore, you will never be out of touch when you work with our attorneys. We will:
- Provide you with regular updates
- Promptly respond to phone calls and emails
- Answer your questions without confusing “legalese”
- Give you your lawyer’s cell phone number
We do Not Get Paid Unless We Win
Working with your firm will cost you nothing out of pocket. We negotiate our fees based on a portion of your settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
Pembroke Pines Wrongful DeathYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Call Us for a Free Consultation
Call our offices for a free case review to learn more about how our Pembroke Pines wrongful death lawyers can help you pursue compensation for your loved one’s fatal injury.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW