Our Margate attorneys can help you seek compensation if you suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident. We can assist you if you were hurt while using a rideshare service or if your accident involved a collision with a rideshare vehicle.
Uber and Lyft Drivers must Carry Insurance to Pay for Injuries to Passengers or Others on the Road
Our car accident attorneys can help you pursue financial awards with an insurance claim. In Florida, CS/HB 221 mandates minimum insurance requirements for transportation network companies (TNCs) and their drivers. According to the bill, while logged into the app but not yet engaged in a ride, drivers must have:
- $50,000 for injuries to one person, $100,000 for injuries to two or more people, and $25,000 for property damages
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as required by Florida law
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as required by law
When engaged in a prearranged ride, coverage amounts increase to:
- $1 million for personal injuries, death, or property damages
- PIP in the amount required by Florida law
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as required by law
You could be Entitled to a Settlement for Your Medical Bills and More
Both Uber and Lyft offer insurance policies that meet the state’s legally established minimums. You may be able to secure a settlement that includes compensation for:
- Your past and future medical treatment, including hospitalizations, rehabilitation, medical devices, medications, and long-term care services.
- You lost wages and lost future earning capacity if you suffered an injury that leaves you unable to return to work.
- The value of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle or personal property.
- Complications related to your physical pain and emotional suffering, such as depression, chronic pain, mental anguish, and anxiety.
- The wrongful death of a loved one, including the cost of their medical care, funeral and burial expenses, the loss of their support and services, and your pain and suffering caused by their passing.
What does Your Own PIP Insurance Cover?
Florida drivers must have a minimum of $10,000 in PIP coverage. According to Florida Statutes §627.736, this pays for 80 percent of all reasonable and necessary medical expenses. PIP does include compensation for lost wages, personal property, or pain and suffering.
PIP policies generally cover the policyholder, relatives residing in the same household as the policyholder, the driver of the insured vehicle, and the passengers. In order to receive your PIP benefits, you must seek medical treatment within 14 days of your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving Margate, 800-747-3733
Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys Can Handle Your Insurance Claims from Start to Finish
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have helped thousands of clients from across Florida. We understand that car accident victims are under both physical and financial stress. We will focus on your case so that you can worry about getting better. Our attorneys will:
- Communicate with all involved insurance companies on your behalf
- Obtain and submit evidence proving your case
- Calculate your damages and future accident-related expenses
- Negotiate for the most advantageous settlement possible
Our firm takes cases on contingency. This means that we can represent you without adding to your financial burden. Our fees come from your successful settlement or verdict. If we do not win compensation, you owe us nothing.
You have a Limited Amount of Time to Take Legal Action
There is no deadline for resolving a case through insurance. However, if you must go to court, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to sue for wrongful death, according to Florida Statutes §95.11.
It is a good idea to start working on your case as soon as possible following your accident. Even if you do not think your case will end up in court, the statute of limitations can affect your insurance claim. If the statute expires, the court will likely not hear your case, and the insurance company could use it as a reason to underpay or deny your claim.
MargateUber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Proving Liability for an Uber or Lyft Accident
Just like with any car accident case, to win awards, you must prove another party’s negligence led to your injuries and damages. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Failure to yield
- Failure to signal
- Failure to obey traffic lights and signs
- Drowsy, reckless, or distracted driving
We will help you prove that the Uber or Lyft driver who caused your crash was negligent. We will establish negligence using eyewitness and expert testimony, crash site information, police and accident reports, photographs, videos, and any other available evidence.
Research Shows Rideshare Services Increase the Number of Vehicle Accidents
When Uber and Lyft first appeared on the market, the assumption was that the ease and availability of ridesharing would lead to fewer drunk driving accidents. What the University of Chicago actually found is that rideshare services lead to more vehicles on the road, which in turn leads to more vehicle accidents. In fact, car accident fatalities have increased 3 percent annually since the introduction of ridesharing.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help You Seek Justice
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are ready to help you get back on your feet. Our team includes attorneys, medical and legal support experts, and investigators who will work together to fight for the awards you deserve. When you choose our firm, you are selecting a group of professionals who will treat you with dignity and respect. We will:
- Provide you with your lawyer’s phone number so that you are never out of touch
- Give you regular case updates
- Return phone calls and emails
- Help you schedule appointments
- Help get your vehicle repaired
Margate Uber and Lyft Rideshare AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Learn More About How We Can Help by Calling Our Team
To get started on your case today, call us at 1-800-747-3733. During your free, no-obligation consultation, the team with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will answer your questions, evaluate your case, and help you figure out your next steps.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW