Have you lost a loved one due to an accident caused by another person’s negligent or reckless behavior? Our firm’s Tampa wrongful death lawyer could help you hold the responsible party accountable for their actions and pursue financial compensation.
During this challenging time, you need the chance to focus on your life and spend time with your family and friends. Our wrongful death law firm will represent your case from the earliest day to completion. Call for a free attorney consultation today.
We Limit Your Financial Obligations When Partnering with Us
You have multiple things on your mind, and we don’t want to add to those concerns. That’s why we offer our help on a contingency-fee-basis. Instead of paying for our help out of pocket, we take a percentage of your settlement as payment.
You don’t have to make financial sacrifices to partner with our team. While your case progresses, you can focus on celebrating your loved one’s life and achievements. We’ll manage your legal case and everything it entails.
A Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Simplify Things for You and Your Loved Ones
After losing a loved one, you have enough on your plate. We can help you understand your rights, make appointments, and more. Here is a brief overview of what your wrongful death lawyers in Tampa will do:
We Will Act Quickly to Protect Your Legal Rights
Florida Statute §95.11(4)(d) gives wrongful death victims a limited time to pursue damages. You typically must file your case within two years of your loved one’s passing. Otherwise, you could permanently lose the right to take legal action.
Our team will act swiftly to:
- Notify the liable party about your case before the statute of limitations expires
- Collect evidence to strengthen your case while that evidence is still available
- Manage all dealings with the at-fault party or insurance company to promote a smooth claims process
We Will Build a Case That Reflects Your Losses
Before the liable party’s insurance company offers compensation, it typically wants proof that its client caused your loved one’s passing. A wrongful death lawyer from our team will build your case by:
- Investigating the cause of the fatal accident.
- Identifying all liable parties.
- Collecting evidence from medical records, police and accident reports, video footage and photographs, eyewitness testimonies, and more.
- Visiting the scene of the accident.
- Consulting with accident reconstruction specialists.
We Will Negotiate with the Insurance Company for What You Need
Insurance companies prioritize their bottom lines over people’s needs, and they retain teams of lawyers to safeguard their interests. You could benefit from retaining a legal representative to protect you against lowball settlement offers or intimidation tactics.
An attorney from our office will:
- Schedule meetings with insurance company representatives.
- Negotiate for your past, present, and future losses.
- Prepare the settlement agreement.
- Explain the agreement to make sure you understand it.
- File a lawsuit against the liable party if they fail to settle
We can represent you at a courtroom trial if it is impossible to receive compensation from a pretrial settlement.
We’re Ready to Seek Compensation for Your Wrongful Death-Related Damages
We will identify all of your compensable losses and determine what each one is worth. Your losses may comprise:
Economic Damages, Such as Medical Bills
Economic damages are compensation for financial losses or expenses related to your loved one’s passing. Previously, we have sought economic damages for:
- Burial costs
- Funeral expenses
- Cremation costs
- End-of-life expenses, such as hospice or palliative care
- Loss of wages if you or your blood relatives were dependent on the deceased’s income
- Economic losses, including medical care and expenses your loved one incurred, such as the cost of life support
We can calculate your economic damages based on billing statements for medical expenses, receipts, employment records, and other information.
Non-Economic Damages, Such as Pain and Suffering
Non-economic damages account for your physical and psychological hardships. Examples include:
- The pain your loved one endured before they passed away
- The pain you have endured due to grief and bereavement
- The loss of companionship
- Loss of benefits
- Emotional pain
- Loss of services
- Mental pain
Non-economic damages are often subjective and, therefore, harder to calculate than economic damages. However, we can use evidence like testimony (from you, witnesses, and experts), video footage, and medical records to help establish the pain you and your loved one endured.
Who Is Responsible for Your Loved One’s Passing?
You may know or have a good idea who is responsible for your family member’s wrongful death. Even if you’re unsure who’s responsible for your losses, don’t worry; we’ll figure it out for you.
One of the first things we do for clients is to investigate their loved one’s accident and cause of death. We perform this service for a fatal injury caused by:
- Auto accidents, bus crashes, boating accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, and other types of traffic accidents.
- Premises liability.
- Medical negligence, including nursing home abuse.
- Construction accidents.
- Workplace accidents.
- Birth injuries.
- Bicycle accidents.
- Dangerous products, including faulty medical products and drugs
The liable party in your wrongful death accident case will depend on the type of accident your loved one suffered and the exact circumstances surrounding the accident. For example, a car accident could be caused by a careless driver, a hazardous environment, or a faulty car part.
Our investigation could uncover whether you should pursue damages from the driver, the local government, or the auto part manufacturer for their wrongful death actions.
We Can Hold Multiple Parties Liable for Your Losses
There are even personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits where you can sue more than one party. For example, suppose your loved one’s fatal construction accident occurred due to a lack of workplace safety protocols and defective equipment. You could sue the building contractor and the faulty equipment manufacturer in that case.
As you can see, determining the liable party in a wrongful death case can be more complex. Our firm will provide legal advice and identify all liable parties in your case.
Our Lawyers Help Wrongful Death Claimants in Tampa, FL
On behalf of everyone at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are deeply sorry for your loss. We encourage you to call us as soon as possible so we can evaluate your wrongful death case and start advocating for your family.
Our personal injury attorneys serve Tampa and other communities throughout Florida. Contact us today for a free, confidential case consultation regarding your wrongful death claim.
We Can Help.