Losing a loved one is never easy, but it can be even more difficult if your loss resulted from someone else’s negligent or wrongful behavior. If your loved one suffered a fatal accident or injury they did not cause, you can hold the liable party accountable.
Our Gainesville wrongful death lawyers can help you pursue compensation for your family member’s medical care, lost wages, and other damages. We want to ensure you have the funds you need to pay for your loved one’s final expenses without jeopardizing your family’s financial security.
- Did Negligence Cause Your Loved One’s Death?
- We Assist With a Variety of Wrongful Death Cases
- Who Can Pursue Wrongful Death Compensation in Florida?
- We Can Recover Awards for Your Loved One’s Medical Treatment and More
- Should You Pursue an Insurance Claim or a Lawsuit?
- Responsive Legal Care With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
- Call Us for a Free Consultation
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Gainesville, call (800) 747-3733
Did Negligence Cause Your Loved One’s Death?
According to Florida Statutes § 768.19, wrongful death is caused by “the wrongful act, negligence, default, or breach of contract or warranty of any person.” You can file a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit to pursue justice and compensation.
Sometimes, negligence is clear, as in the case of a vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver. In other cases, proving fault for an accident may require collecting evidence, researching Florida law, and applying legal precedent. Fortunately, you do not have to do this alone. Our lawyers can:
- Investigate the cause of your loved one’s fatal accident or injury
- Gather evidence, including medical records, police reports, photographs, video, and witness testimony
- Determine liability
- Consult with crash reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and other experts about your case
Gainesville Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We Assist With a Variety of Wrongful Death Cases
Whether your loved one was involved in a collision on Interstate 75 or sustained a fatal injury on the University of Florida campus, our attorneys can help. We have experience with a range of cases, including:
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and falls
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Childbirth injuries
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Defective medical devices
- Boating accidents
- Nursing home accidents
Who Can Pursue Wrongful Death Compensation in Florida?
Family members cannot file a wrongful death case in Florida. Instead, the deceased’s personal representative (executor) must bring the claim. The executor can seek damages on behalf of the deceased’s estate and their surviving spouse, biological or adopted children, and parents.
If there are no primary beneficiaries, other family members can be part of the suit. If the deceased did not name an executor, the court can appoint one. Some wrongful death damages award survivors, while others go to the estate. Compensation won by the estate is divided among eligible beneficiaries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Recover Awards for Your Loved One’s Medical Treatment and More
Your family should not have to suffer a financial burden during an already difficult time. If your loved one’s fatal injury was not their fault, the liable party should pay for their medical treatment and other losses. Wrongful death compensation may include:
- Medical bills – We can recover the cost of transportation by ambulance, emergency department treatment, medications, surgeries, hospitalizations, doctor fees, home health services, and any other necessary care resulting from their fatal injury.
- Lost wages – Our attorneys can pursue back pay from the time of your loved one’s injury until death. We can also seek future wages they would have earned had they lived.
- Funeral expenses – We can seek reimbursement for the cost of your loved one’s services or memorial, urn, casket, cremation, or burial plot.
- Pain and suffering – Our lawyers can seek awards for surviving family members’ mental pain and suffering. Survivors may also qualify for compensation for the loss of their loved one’s companionship, services, protection, and parental guidance.
Should You Pursue an Insurance Claim or a Lawsuit?
Our attorneys may be able to pursue an insurance claim to settle your wrongful death damages. For example, if your loved one sustained a medical malpractice injury, we can file a claim with the health care provider’s malpractice insurer. Sometimes, we suggest beginning with legal action from the start.
Our primary goal is to help you achieve successful case results quickly and efficiently. Our attorneys can advise you of your best course of action. Whether we pursue a claim or file a lawsuit, we will fight for you every step of the way. Our team will:
- Prepare and file your paperwork
- Manage case deadlines
- Calculate your losses
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Aggressively negotiate to secure the maximum compensation possible
- Make court appearances if needed
- Litigate your case if necessary
Keep in mind that if your case goes to court, you are bound by the statute of limitations. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), you must file suit within two years for your loved one’s death. Even if your case settles through insurance, this deadline is important because an expired statute can reduce your negotiating power.
Responsive Legal Care With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
We know how important your case is to you, so we make it a priority for us. We will give you your lawyer’s phone number so you can always reach out, and we promise to quickly return phone calls and emails and answer all of your questions.
Our client testimonials reflect our commitment to service. Just hear what others have to say about working with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine:
“My experience with this law firm has been a great one. The staff is extremely professional. Anytime I had questions or concerns, I would call and someone would always have an answer for me. Their follow up is outstanding. They care about their clients well being, I am very appreciative for the service I have received from this firm.” -Stephen L.
Call Us for a Free Consultation
Call our offices for a no-obligation consultation to learn more about our firm and connect with a Gainesville wrongful death lawyer. The call is free, and our services cost nothing up front or out of pocket.