Drivers who break the law and put others in harm’s way should pay for the damages they cause. If a reckless driver caused an accident that led to your injuries or your loved one’s death, a Tampa reckless driving accident lawyer with our firm can help you stand up for your rights.
We can help you seek compensation for your injuries to afford medical treatment and everyday costs. Our injury lawyers can handle your case from beginning to end.
Common Injuries You Could Sustain When a Reckless Driver Hits You
You’ll likely suffer severe injuries when other drivers engage in careless driving. Our Tampa personal injury lawyers can help you get compensation for injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to your spinal cord can have lifelong debilitating effects on your ability to move and feel, leading to partial or complete paralysis. It could also result in chronic pain, sensation loss, and bowel or bladder control.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Damage to your head can result in severe cognitive and physical impairment, including traumatic brain injuries affecting your ability to think, move, and communicate. These wounds often have long-lasting effects and can require extensive rehabilitation and support for you and your family.
- Burns: Injuries caused by intense heat or flames can range from mild to severe, with varying degrees of pain and healing time. They can also lead to disfigurement and emotional trauma.
- Broken bones: Breaking a bone is common when a reckless driver hits you. If the bone fails to heal properly, you could suffer permanent injuries.
- Internal injuries: These injuries are a serious consequence of car accidents and can include damage to your internal organs, including your lungs, heart, or liver. In extreme cases, these injury types can be fatal if not treated.
Seek medical attention immediately following a motor vehicle accident. You could have internal that could turn fatal without treatment.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Tampa, 800-747-3733
Proving a Reckless Driver Caused Your Crash in Tampa
According to Florida Statutes § 316.192, any person driving with a “wanton disregard” for the safety of other drivers on the road can be held accountable for reckless driving.
To prove a reckless driver’s negligence, your reckless driving accident lawyer must prove the four elements of negligence:
Duty of Care
Under Florida law, every driver has a duty of care to other motorists and pedestrians. A duty of care means following safety guidelines and caution to avoid hurting others.
We can help you prove the other driver owed you a duty of care. An experienced accident attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options after a reckless driving accident.
Breach of Duty
The second element your attorney must prove is that the negligent party breached their duty of care. There are many negligent actions reckless drivers can do that violate this duty. Reckless driving can include:
- Driving in the wrong lane
- Following too closely
- Exceeding speed limits
- Drunk driving
- Erratic lane changes
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Disobeying traffic lights and signs
- Driving aggressively or acting with road rage
- Texting and driving or talking on the phone
You Suffered Injuries
As a result of the breach of duty, you must have suffered injuries. Our personal injury attorneys in Tampa can prove the other driver is at-fault for your injuries using evidence such as:
- Official accident reports
- Photos and videos of your crash
- Medical bills and records
- Vehicle repair bills and records
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- The responsible driver’s records
We understand recovering from injuries during a legal case can be stressful, but we’re ready to take on the work while you heal.
The final element of negligence our team must prove for maximum compensation is suffering economic and non-economic damages due to your injuries. We’ll review your case when you meet with us and tell you what damages you could recover.
If we can successfully prove all four elements of negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for your reckless driving accident injuries.
TampaReckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Consequences of Reckless Driving in Florida
When someone hits you in a reckless driving accident, you can be confident they won’t escape the legal consequences.
In Florida, reckless driving is a misdemeanor but can carry felony penalties if it causes serious bodily injuries. Some consequences the negligent driver may face after driving carelessly include:
- A $500 fine and imprisonment for up to 90 days.
- Up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine If this is their second reckless driving accident.
- Up to five years in jail and have to pay a $5,000 fine if the negligent driver caused life-threatening bodily harm.
In addition to the legal consequences, reckless drivers can be denied jobs, strain relationships with friends and family, lose their driver’s license, have points added to their driving record, and gain a permanent criminal record.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Pursuing Compensation Through Insurance
In Florida, motorists must carry a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. PIP pays for 80% of your necessary medical treatment, regardless of who or what caused your accident.
If you have severe injuries, $10,000 in medical benefits may cover only a portion of the care required to get you back on your feet. PIP also fails to cover other awards to which you may be entitled, including property damages and pain and suffering.
You can hold the at-fault driver liable for your injuries if you meet certain criteria.
Navigating the insurance claims process can be difficult, but an experienced car accident attorney can help you with a claim against the reckless driver who caused your crash.
Tampa Reckless Driving AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Deadlines for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuits
An attorney with our firm will make every effort to settle your car accident through an insurance claim. However, this is not always possible, and some cases must go to civil court to achieve a resolution.
If a lawsuit is necessary, you will have a limited time to file a legal action against a liable party. You have four years to file a personal injury claim for your injuries in a reckless driving accident. And to file a wrongful death claim, you’ll have two years.
You need to act quickly to start your case since missing a deadline could mean the court dismisses your lawsuit. You could lose your last chance to pursue compensation from a liable party. A lawyer with our firm will also need time to work on your case and negotiate a settlement.
Damages You Can Seek After a Reckless Driver Injures You
With a personal injury claim, you can seek damages your PIP policy doesn’t cover. Our Tampa reckless driving lawyers can review your policy to see which damages your insurance covers. Then, our attorneys can help you recover damages for losses such as:
- Loss of quality of life: Victims of reckless driving accidents often suffer from a severe loss of quality of life due to physical and psychological trauma. This can include chronic pain, difficulty with mobility, depression, anxiety, and other emotional issues that can drastically reduce the quality of life.
- Pain and suffering: These damages are a form of compensation for the physical and emotional trauma that can accompany a reckless driving accident. These damages are intended to cover the pain, anguish, and other mental or physical disabilities.
- Medical expenses: These can include treatments, hospital stays, rehabilitation costs, medication costs, and any other medical-related costs that may arise.
- Emotional pain: Victims may experience depression, anxiety, fear, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other emotional distress that can have a lasting impact on their mental health and well-being.
- Property damage: This can include damage to vehicles, buildings, and other personal property. Victims may be entitled to compensation for any damaged property’s repair or replacement costs.
Wrongful Death Damages
If the accident caused a loved one’s death, we might pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. As we fight for fair compensation on your behalf, you and your family can grieve in peace and focus on honoring the memory of your loved one.
You could recover the following damages through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Income your loved one would have provided
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Medical bills from your loved one’s injuries
- An award for the companionship your loved one offered
No money can bring back your family member, but it may help you cover medical expenses and household bills as you grieve.
How Our Tampa Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Can Assist You With Your Claim
Dealing with insurance companies is a hassle you do not need during recovery. We can handle your claim so you can focus on healing. Our team will provide several legal services, and we’ll handle your case from beginning to end.
For instance, we can:
- Conduct an independent investigation of the accident.
- Gather evidence of the other driver’s negligence and prove they owe you a duty of care.
- Calculate your losses and determine your compensation for expenses.
- Handle phone calls, emails, and other communications with the insurance company.
- Submit documents related to your claim according to the established deadlines.
- Review settlement offers and push back against low offers or claim denials.
- Negotiate on your behalf.
- Keep you updated on the status of your claim.
The sooner you contact our team, the sooner we can work on your settlement or court-awarded offer.
Schedule a Free Consult With Our Tampa Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers
Whether it is an insurance claim or lawsuit, a Tampa reckless driving accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will be with you every step of the way. You worry about getting better; our lawyers will take care of everything else.
Call us or fill out the contact form on our website to schedule a free case consultation and get the legal advice you need.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW