Road rules to prevent accidents include yielding to the vehicle with the right-of-way. But driver confusion and inexperience can cause accidents. Unfortunately, some of these collisions can result in serious injuries.
If you or someone you love were hurt in a car accident because another driver didn’t follow the rules, a Tampa failure to yield car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can handle your legal case so you can focus on your recovery. You can reach out to our personal injury law firm today for a free consultation.
What Is Failure To Yield?
Florida’s right-of-way laws (Florida Statutes § 316.121) aim to protect drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians by creating a safe flow of traffic for everyone. It’s about preventing accidents so that everyone can share the road and reach their destination safely.
When a driver fails to yield by not allowing the vehicle, bicyclist, or pedestrian with the right-of-way to take their turn to proceed, an accident can happen.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to yield accidents lawyer serving Tampa, 800-747-3733
Damages A Tampa Failure To Yield Lawyer Can Recover For You
In Florida, you can hold a driver liable for damages if you suffer a serious injury in a failure-to-yield car accident. The amount of compensation you can receive depends on the severity of your injuries and the resulting monetary and non-monetary losses you suffer because of it.
There are no caps on economic and non-economic damages in Florida, and you can pursue several damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Childcare costs
- Home services expenses
- Physical therapy
- Vehicle damage
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship with your spouse
The amount of compensation you could receive varies from case to case.
Wrongful Death Damages
Losing someone you love in an accident is tragic and painful, especially if it is a wrongful death that could have been prevented. We offer our sincere condolences for your loss, and we offer our support and services to get the compensation you deserve to rebuild your life and find closure. Our attorney can help you pursue wrongful death damages. We can discuss this matter further during your free consultation.
TampaFailure To Yield Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Hiring A Tampa Failure To Yield Car Accident Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
Navigating the legal process by yourself can be frustrating and intimidating if you are not familiar with how the law works. Hiring a Tampa car accident attorney to represent you ensures you have an advocate who will look out for your best interests. It also lifts the burden of building your case off your shoulders so that you can take the time to heal or grieve.
There are other benefits to having an attorney on your side, including:
- Investigate the accident: Our firm will use our resources to investigate the accident to determine the cause and who is liable. We will do this by gathering evidence such as police reports, traffic camera footage, photographs, witness accounts, and expert opinions.
- Calculate your claim: We will determine your claim’s value by considering your medical bills, lost income, cost of services, pain and suffering, and other economic and non-economic damages. If the insurance company makes an initial settlement offer, we can tell you if it’s fair or not.
- Regular case updates: We will regularly communicate with you via phone calls or email and provide you with frequent updates about your case.
- Car repairs: We will help you get repairs for your vehicle so that you and your family won’t go without transportation.
- Schedule appointments: We understand this is a difficult time, so we can help schedule appointments for you.
- Negotiate a settlement: We want you to get the compensation you deserve, so we will enter negotiations with the insurance company to secure a fair settlement on your behalf.
- File a lawsuit: We prepare cases for trial if necessary and will represent you in court. We are not afraid to fight for you in court.
We will do everything we can to support you during this time. You are not alone.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
You Have A Limited Time To Act After A Tampa Failure To Yield Accident
You should take your time when deciding to take legal action in pursuit of compensation for your personal injury or the wrongful death of someone you love. But you should be aware that there are deadlines to file a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations to file a lawsuit for a personal injury is four years according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), and the deadline to file for wrongful death is just two years according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). We will work to meet these deadlines so that you don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit.
Tampa Failure To Yield AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Determining Liability After A Failure To Yield Car Accident Happens In Tampa
Liability can be tricky in failure to yield accidents, but piecing evidence together can determine who is at fault for the accident.
If, for example, a driver runs a stop sign and collides with another vehicle in an intersection, it may not be immediately clear who is liable for the accident. It may seem like either driver could be at fault. But it’s the driver who ran the stop sign because the other vehicle had the right-of-way.
Determining liability is the key to proving you have a case for compensation. We strongly urge you to obtain legal representation and consult with your attorney about your case. Our law firm primarily handles personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those resulting from failure to yield.
Causes Of Failure To Yield Accidents
Any accident resulting from a failure to yield can cause serious injuries that leave you in pain with costly medical bills and lost income.
Common causes of failure-to-yield accidents include:
- Driver error
- Distracted driving
Types Of Failure To Yield Accidents
A driver can fail to yield in several ways, all of which present risks to those involved. They are:
- Failing to yield when merging into traffic
- Failing to yield at stop signs and lights
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic when turning
- Failing to yield when exiting a driveway
- Failing to yield to first responders, such as police and paramedics
- Failing to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists
Consult With A Failure To Yield Car Accident Attorney In Tampa Today
You have the right to seek compensation if you were seriously hurt in a car accident because the driver failed to yield. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers free initial consultations to prospective clients and works on a contingency fee basis so that you don’t pay us unless we win your case.
We are ready to work on your case, so contact us for help from a Tampa failure to yield car accident lawyer today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW