Reckless drivers may owe financial compensation to those they harm. If you or a member of your family suffered injuries and property damage because of a reckless driver, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. A member of our team can discuss your case and answer any questions you may have about working with a Sarasota reckless driving accident lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accident lawyer serving Sarasota, call 1-800-747-3733.
Reckless Driving Is Against the Law
Florida Statutes § 316.192 defines reckless driving as driving with “willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.” While there are many types of driving errors that may qualify as negligent, reckless driving goes beyond a simple mistake.
For example, a motorist who causes an accident while distracted by their GPS navigation system would likely be considered negligent but not reckless. Reckless driving is more serious and intentional. Examples may include:
- Excessive speeding
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving aggressively (also known as road rage)
- Passing other vehicles on the road’s shoulder
- Speeding through traffic lights or stop signs
- Drag racing
- Tailgating or cutting off other drivers
The law also states that fleeing from a law enforcement officer is reckless driving. Those convicted of reckless driving charges may receive fines and/or jail time.
Reckless driving penalties become more severe if the driver’s actions cause injuries or property damages. Drivers who cause serious bodily injuries may even face third-degree felony charges.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, 800-747-3733
Taking Action to Recover Your Damages
If you were injured in an accident caused by a reckless driver, you could take action to recover financial compensation. Any insurance claims or lawsuits you file are separate from any criminal penalties the state may impose, and the outcomes of criminal actions do not affect your right to seek awards.
In Florida, there are limits to when you may seek compensation outside of the coverage offered by your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means that following an accident, regardless of who is at fault, injured parties must first seek compensation for their medical bills from their own insurance providers.
According to Florida Statutes § 627.737, drivers may seek compensation from another party only if their injuries result in:
- Disfigurement and/or scarring
- Loss of an important bodily function
- A permanent injury other than scarring or disfigurement
If you are recovering from an injury or mourning the loss of a loved one, dealing with insurance companies may be the last thing on your mind. Let a Sarasota reckless driving accident lawyer help with your claim. An attorney can help you prove your accident was not your fault, handle paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, and take your case to court, if necessary.
Consider reaching out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. We will do everything we can to settle your case outside of court, but you have a limited amount of time for legal action. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is four years from the time of your accident. If you are filing a wrongful death suit on behalf of a loved one, you have two years from their time of death (Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
SarasotaReckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Think Twice About Accepting That First Settlement Offer
Even though Florida operates on a no-fault insurance system, insurance companies don’t always play by the rules. After submitting your claim, the liable insurer may unfairly deny, contest, or dispute it. It may also offer a settlement that doesn’t account for your losses.
Once you accept a settlement, your case ends. Your lawyer can’t negotiate for more money. Your reckless driving lawyer in Sarasota will evaluate all settlement offers and determine whether any meet your needs. If not, they can file a lawsuit.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
You Deserve Compensation
Reckless driving is not only a violation of the law; it is a dangerous activity that puts others at risk. The decision to drive intoxicated or race to beat a stoplight could change someone else’s life forever. Serious accidents can result in:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Head injuries can cause various physical and mental complications, including changes in mood and behavior, memory loss, depression, confusion, loss of coordination, and seizures. TBIs can also result in coma, a permanent vegetative state, or death.
- Neck and back injuries – Back and neck injuries can cause limited mobility, chronic pain, numbness, and headaches. Living with pain and reduced mobility can disrupt a person’s life, leading to conditions like depression, insomnia, and obesity. Back injuries that affect the spine may result in paralysis.
- Broken bones – Healing broken bones can take a long time, and severe breaks may require serious treatment, such as traction. While your bones heal, you may not be able to work or contribute to your household. Complications from a broken bone may include bone infection, nerve or blood vessel damage, and arthritis.
- Internal damage – The violent impact of an accident can cause organ damage and internal bleeding. These conditions can result in shock, organ failure, coma, and death.
The physical, mental, and financial consequences of a serious accident can have a huge and lasting impact. You deserve compensation for your medical bills and future needs, such as physical therapy, rehabilitation, and necessary follow-up procedures. You need a settlement to offset your lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, and help with your household expenses.
You also deserve awards for your pain, suffering, and decreased quality of life. An injury that results in a physical or mental disability does not only harm the body. It may rob the sufferer of the opportunity to interact physically with their children, care for themselves, or even form new memories.
This takes a toll that goes well beyond the injury itself. A Sarasota reckless driving accident lawyer can help you fight for these awards and more.
Sarasota Reckless Driving AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
We Offer Resources to Injured Claimants in Sarasota, FL
We offer these resources if you suffered harm due to a reckless driver:
- Our “Where Does It Hurt?” software. We understand that you might have a lot of questions about your case. So, we partnered with a software design company to create “Where Does It Hurt?” Here, you can learn more about your condition, including what symptoms to monitor.
- Our YouTube channel. We have dozens of informative videos that cover a wide range of topics, including the benefits of partnering with our team.
- Our FAQs page. If you’ve got questions about the accident claims process, we’ve got answers. We want you to understand everything about your options moving forward.
Why Partner with Our Florida Injury Firm on Your Car Accident Case?
Some reasons to partner with our firm include:
We Get Great Feedback from Our Satisfied Clients
Check out what some of our former clients have shared about us:
- “What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great. Special thanks to Jonathan Holtz.” – Charles L.
- “Five star: I was in Florida visiting relatives when I had a horrible car crash. Two weeks later, the day I was to return home and at the recommendation of a relative I contacted A&L just to see what they thought… A&L saved me and got my case resolved in no time. Thanks to everyone there and Jonathan Holtz in particular for an outstanding result.” – Scott S.
- “I can honestly say that Travis Greene and Shire Patel, attorneys at Anidjar & Levine, treated me like family after my accident. The thoughtfulness, attention to detail, follow up phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments, helping with repairs to my car, were things I could never have accomplished without them.” – Andrea V.
We Offer Free Case Reviews
We understand that partnering with an injury firm can be intimidating. That’s why we offer free case reviews to prospective clients. Here, you can explore partnering with our team and ask questions about our law firm.
There is no obligation or pressure to partner with us. This is your opportunity to meet us before your case even starts.
We’re a Staple in Our Local Community
You’ve probably heard our jingles on the radio or seen our commercials on TV. We want to remind people that we’re committed members of our community. We’ve donated to the Broward Sheriff’s Foundation, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), and the Miami Dolphins Challenge Cancer initiative – just to name a few.
When you partner with us, you won’t feel like you’re working with a lawyer. You’ll feel like you’re partnering with a trusted friend and neighbor.
We Work on Contingency
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, the last thing we want to do is add to your stress or financial burdens. We know you have enough on your plate. A Sarasota reckless driving accident lawyer can take your case at no up-front cost to you.
You pay us nothing if we do not win compensation for your damages. This is just one way we go the extra mile for our clients. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW