Reckless driving puts everyone on the road in danger. If you were the victim of an accident involving a reckless driver, it is unfair that you are left with injuries or loss. You deserve justice and compensation.
You have options as a victim and the legal right to pursue justice against those responsible by filing a claim. You could even qualify for different types of compensation. A Jacksonville reckless driving car accident lawyer can help you learn more about what you can do following your accident.
Reckless Driving Accidents Can Be Devastating
Reckless driving accidents can significantly impact your life and well-being. You could suffer physically, emotionally, and financially.
Physical injuries can range from minor to severe. Even minor injuries can affect your life in a way that could be grounds for legal action. More severe injuries can linger for a long time, in tragic cases causing permanent changes to your health or daily life.
Sometimes the emotional implications of accidents are overlooked. A sudden trauma like a motor vehicle accident can lead to stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, fear of driving, and much more. You could even require medical help to address your issues.
Financially, damage to your vehicle, lost personal property, expensive medical bills, lost wages, and more can put you in a hole.
While the aftermath of an accident can be stressful and uncertain, you have legal means to pursue compensation. Nothing can make up for the unnecessary suffering you are facing but pursuing compensation could make your future easier and more secure as you piece your life back together.
The bottom line is that if you suffered in any way, big or small, you could qualify for compensation.
Compensation for Victims
There are many different types of compensation you could qualify for as the victim of a reckless driving car accident. This might include one or more of the following:
- Reimbursement for any medical bills or ongoing expenses you have related to injuries from your accident
- Compensation awarded for the emotional pain and suffering you experienced
- Reimbursement for vehicle or property damage or loss
- Compensation for any dependents that you have whose lives were changed by your accident
- Punitive damages if a court sees a reason to punish responsible parties as a way to hopefully prevent future reckless behavior on the road
- Reimbursement for your legal fees
- Compensation in tragic wrongful death cases
A Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville Could Help You With Your Case
If you are thinking about filing a claim and decide that you want to hire a lawyer, this could turn out to be a good decision. There are many important ways in which a lawyer can help you throughout your claim, including but not limited to:
- Answering your questions
- Offering general support during this challenging chapter in your life
- Organizing the facts of your case in a way that can bolster your case
- Giving you the peace of mind of knowing professionals are on your team
- Alerting you of any upcoming deadlines so your case remains valid
- Helping you fill out paperwork
- Giving you a sense of available compensation while making sure nothing is left on the table
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Serving Jacksonville
During your search for the right lawyer, you will be looking for a team that has experience with reckless driving cases, a history of winning claims, a dedication to each and every client, as well as accessibility. Our team at Anidjar & Levine encompasses all of these traits and so much more.
We also do not charge any legal fees unless you win your case. Meaning you do not have to fear hefty legal bills. Our fee comes from the compensation in your case.
Our reviewsserve as a testament to our success in representing victims of reckless driving accidents and our relentless pursuit of justice on behalf of our clients. If you are still searching for the right reckless driving accident lawyer in the Jacksonville area, consider learning more about our dedicated team.
Examples of Reckless Driving Accident Cases
Reckless driving comes in many forms. If your accident included any of the following factors or other forms of dangerous behavior, you could have a case:
- Drunk driving which, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), costs thousands of lives annually in tragic, preventable drunk driving accidents.
- Distracted driving possibly caused by the use of cell phones or other technology
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Erratic behavior on the road
- Knowingly driving an unsafe vehicle
- Driving while fatigued
- Negligent acts on the road
If you think any of the aforementioned examples of reckless driving, or another factor, contributed to your accident you very may well have a case. Our Jacksonville reckless driving car accident lawyer can help you learn more.
How Long do You Have to File a Reckless Driving Claim?
Because Jacksonville is in the state of Florida, state law dictates how long you have to file your claim following a reckless driving car accident. This limited window is known as the “statute of limitations” and can vary from state to state. In Florida, personal injury cases related to motor vehicle accidents carry a statute of limitations of four (4) years.
Is Florida a “No-Fault” State?
Florida is indeed a “no-fault” state when it comes to reckless driving accidents and other accidents on the road. This means that regardless of who is deemed to be at fault for an accident, insurance should cover damages to a certain extent. If damages exceed coverage amounts, then liability could be a factor in who is ultimately responsible for the remaining damages.
Navigating the law can be difficult with the complexities of these types of rules, but our lawyer can help you learn more before you decide if legal action is appropriate following your accident.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is available to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. You do not want to miss out on your chance to recover what you deserve. Contact us today and don’t go through this ordeal alone.
We Can Help.