Following the speed limit can be inconvenient at times, but it is a necessary traffic regulation to keep yourself and everyone else on the road safe. If a driver decided not to follow speed limits and caused you damages to your health, your independence, and life in general, you may be entitled to receive compensation from them.
If you need help getting compensation after a speeding accident, a Tampa accident caused by speeding lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile for you. Give us a call at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more and receive a free case evaluation. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
For a free legal consultation with a speeding accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 747-3733
Speeding Can Be Dangerous and Deadly
What is a safe driving speed? According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), the maximum speed limit on Florida highways ranges from 65 to 70 miles per hour. However, that does not mean the posted speed limit is an acceptable speed for all occasions. For example, drivers should reduce their speed below the speed limit to cater to poor weather conditions, such as fog, rain, or snow. Drivers have a responsibility to pay attention to their environment at all times and exercise sound judgment.
Even though there are people who take precautions on the road, there are still others who speed and cause harm to others. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that, in 2018, speeding caused 9,378 deaths nationwide. This represented a six percent drop from the previous year’s fatalities, but it is still far too many lives lost to reckless and careless behavior.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you hold a speeding driver accountable for their actions and, in the process, help you fight for compensation. Contact us at 1-800-747-3733, day or night. We can assess your case at no cost or obligation to you. We charge you no attorney’s fees unless you recover compensation.
Tampa Speeding Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
You Can Sue for Multiple Damages from a Speeding Accident
Car accidents can be terrifying—and expensive. You may be facing medical bills, repair bills, and other expenses. If your injuries are serious enough, you might be unable to work, making it even more difficult to pay your bills. To help you cover these expenses and financial shortfalls, you may seek economic damages. Common examples of economic damages include:
- Lost wages: You could not go to work for days, weeks, or longer following the accident, hampering your ability to support yourself and your family.
- Lost earning capacity: Your injuries are serious enough to prevent you from ever earning the same income as you did before the accident.
- Medical bills: You received medical treatment, from check-ups and prescriptions to home nursing and equipment (e.g., wheelchairs).
- Funeral bills: If your loved one passed away because of the accident, you may seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses.
Still, what about the less tangible types of damages, like trauma or the loss of a loved one? These are called noneconomic damages, and you can sue for them as well. Common examples of noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: You suffered physical and/or emotional distress because of the accident or accident-related injuries.
- Diminished quality of life: Your injuries have impacted your ability to live independently, engage in favorite activities, socialize, and other lifestyle activities.
- Disability: Your injuries led to partial or total physical or mental impairment.
- Loss of society or companionship: Your loved one passed away and is no longer around to provide you comfort, support, and guidance.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help You with Your Case
Trying to decide if you should file a lawsuit can be stressful. Is it worth the time and effort? How will you convince an insurance company to pay what you are asking for?
Do you have a case strong enough to qualify you for compensation?
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. We can evaluate your case at no cost or obligation to you. Then the real work begins—but only for us. Once you put your case in the hands of a Tampa accident caused by speeding lawyer, you do not have to worry about anything but getting better. We can handle the hard work of:
- Figuring out who is liable: Our investigation may discover that your account of the accident is true and that you qualify for the damages you are seeking. It may also reveal who is legally liable in your case and for your damages.
- Filing your lawsuit: Once you know who to sue, we can notify all liable parties that you are seeking compensation.
- Communicating: The liable party, their lawyer, and their insurance company may only communicate with you through us. You do not have to respond to any queries or requests from them. We will also communicate with you by updating you about your case and answering your questions.
- Negotiating: Armed with evidence from our investigation, we can sit down with the liable party’s insurance company and negotiate for a settlement on your behalf. We do not want them to get away with underpaying you any more than you do.
We always fight our hardest during negotiations. However, sometimes even tough negotiation and strong evidence are not enough to persuade an insurance company to pay up. In that case, we may schedule a trial. At trial, we can present your case to a jury and do our utmost to persuade them that you are entitled to receive compensation.
Speeding accidents are preventable. If someone’s reckless actions caused you to sustain injuries and losses, we want to help you pursue compensation. Let the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine fight for your rights and for the damages you need. A Tampa accident caused by speeding lawyer can begin working on your case right away. All you have to do to get started is call us at 1-800-747-3733.