When your home is damaged by a hurricane, you may expect your insurance company to approve your claim quickly so that you can make necessary repairs and get back home where you belong. Some insurers, however, wrongfully deny claims or take too long to process them.
If you need help with any part of the process, a Jacksonville hurricane property claim lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can pursue the compensation to which you are entitled.
Losses You Could Recover Through a Hurricane Property Claim in Florida
We will help you obtain the maximum settlement possible based on the details of your insurance policy coverage. We will investigate your losses and document every covered loss to seek the recovery you deserve.
Items typically covered in a hurricane property claim include:
Repair and Replacement Costs
- Impact to the main structure
- Impact to ancillary structures (e.g., garages, workshops, guest houses)
- Impact to hardscape elements (e.g., fences, perimeter walls, pools)
- Impact to interior finishes
- Impact caused by downed trees
- Wind-driven rain impacts
- Mold remediation
- Water extraction
Other Losses That Could be Covered
- Property cleanup and debris removal
- Costs of securing the property
- Costs for temporary roofing material
- Board-up and related temporary protection expenses
- Lost or destroyed personal property
- Displacement expenses (e.g., hotel, meals, transportation)
Once we complete the documentation of your claim, we will submit it to the insurance company and push for the quickest possible resolution. We will negotiate to reach a fair settlement. If the insurer will not make a fair offer for settlement, we can file a lawsuit and ensure your policy is honored.
If your home was a total loss, we will submit a demand for the full value of your coverage, less your deductible and any other excluded losses.
Our Attorneys Can Explain Your Coverage Options in a Hurricane Property Claim
Your insurance policy spells out the coverage types and limits that you pay for, but the legal language and terminology may be difficult to interpret.
Depending on the details of your policy and the nature of your losses, you could seek a recovery through the following coverages:
- A hurricane policy
- A flood policy
- Other storm-related insurance policies
The Jacksonville hurricane property claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Our legal team will review your policy and explain your coverage. We can prepare and submit your claim to the insurance company and push to get you a fair settlement as quickly as possible.
We Will Handle All the Details of Your Jacksonville Property Claim
Facing catastrophic losses across large geographic areas of Florida, insurance companies may attempt to minimize their financial losses by wrongfully denying, delaying, or undervaluing your claim.
When you trust a Jacksonville hurricane property claim lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will mobilize our legal team to protect your right to pursue legal action against the insurance company.
Our services include:
- Investigating your claim to identify all covered losses
- Documenting your losses to support the value of your claim
- Dealing with all parties on your behalf, including the insurance company, their adjuster, etc.
- Pushing the insurance company to resolve your claim quickly
- Handling every aspect of your case, so you can focus on rebuilding your life
Throughout the process, we will advocate for you and your right to recover compensation. You have a limited time to submit your claim or take legal action against the insurance company.
You Don’t Have to Handle Bad Faith Insurance Practices Alone
Be on the lookout for potential bad faith actions from the insurance company, which may include:
- Advising you that you do not have valid coverage
- Advising you that your policy excludes certain covered losses
- Denying your claim outright
- Refusing to send an adjuster to your home
- Sending an unqualified adjuster to your home
- Delaying sending an adjuster to your home
- Undervaluing your actual losses
- Making misleading or deceptive statements
- Discouraging you from talking to a lawyer
The insurer may issue a payment that does not cover your losses but indicates that it constitutes full and final payment. They may ask you to sign a release of liability. In either case, you may lose your right to pursue the full value of your losses, but our hurricane property claim lawyer in Jacksonville will protect your legal rights.
If your insurer is refusing your claim for an invalid reason, our team can pursue bad faith litigation against your insurance company.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Right to Compensation
After a hurricane, you may struggle to know where to turn or what to do next. To ease your mind, an attorney with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can go to work on your behalf.
While we fight to get you the settlement you deserve, take these steps to help preserve your right to seek compensation:
Gather Critical Information
To help us build the most robust possible case for you, locate and provide us with any photos you may have of your property prior to the storm impact, itemized lists of your home’s contents, and other important records.
Take photos or video of the impacts to your property, if you can safely do so. Compile a list of items you know were destroyed in the hurricane. If you have previously spoken with representatives of the insurance company, document the conversations with detailed notes.
Save Your Receipts
Obtain receipts for all expenditures potentially related to your claim. Make copies or take photos of each with your smartphone and compile your documents in a safe location until you can provide them to us.
Do not Sacrifice Your Legal Rights
The insurance company may request a signed release or recorded statement. Never provide any statement, accept any settlement offer, or sign any document without first consulting a member of our legal team.
Jacksonville Property Owners Don’t Have to Bear Hurricane Losses Alone
Hurricanes and tropical storms can cause a range of serious problems for Jacksonville residents. The following are storm-related risks to property owners in the event of a hurricane:
- Wind: Wind alone can cause substantial structural impacts. Roof integrity can be compromised by severe winds and flying debris can impact windows and other structural elements.
- Flooding: Severe flooding can cause catastrophic impact to a property and may subsequently lead to mold concerns.
- Storm surge: In Northeast Florida, storm surge is of particular concern in the event of a hurricane, per the City of Jacksonville. Waves of up to fifteen feet can develop along the coast, leading to beach erosion, high tides, and impacts to the Intracoastal Waterway as well as nearby property.
- Tornadoes: Tornadoes can develop amidst a hurricane, leading to even more violent losses to people and property.
These severe impacts of a hurricane can leave property owners devastated. If you paid for insurance coverage, you should not have to bear these costs on your own. We can help you file a property claim and manage all the details of your case.
Learn How Our Property Claim Lawyers in Jacksonville Can Help You
No matter what kind of losses you sustained to your home, you deserve to have your claim taken seriously by the insurance company. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will help you get the resources you need so your life can return to normal.
Contact our Jacksonville office today at (904) 600-4000 for a free consultation and policy review.