If your Jacksonville home sustained damage covered by your insurance, the insurer has a legal obligation to handle your claim in good faith. When your insurance company denies or delays your claim or undervalues your losses, this can be a problem.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation and policy review. A property claim lawyer in Jacksonville can take on the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
- How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Lawyer from Our Firm?
- We Handle All Types of Jacksonville Property Claims
- What do Your Covered Losses Include?
- A Jacksonville Property Claim Lawyer Can Address Your Case’s Challenges
- How a Jacksonville Property Claim Lawyer will Serve You
- You Have Protections Under the Florida Homeowner’s Bill of Rights
- Free Jacksonville Property Claim Consultation and Case Review
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Lawyer from Our Firm?
You don’t have to shy away from hiring a lawyer because you’re worried that it’s too expensive. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning:
- You don’t pay us until your case is settled.
- If we can’t resolve your property damage claim, you don’t pay our attorney’s fees.
- We seek payment from the funds we get for you.
It does not cost you anything upfront or out of pocket to partner with our firm. Our goal is to make the legal process as easy for you as possible.
We Handle All Types of Jacksonville Property Claims
Homeowner’s insurance policies traditionally cover property damage resulting from storms, fires, broken pipes, and similar incidents beyond your control. When it is time to submit a claim, you expect your insurance company to process and pay it in a timely manner.
What happens when the insurer refuses to pay your claim, makes a lowball offer, or does not respond to your inquiries? You have rights under Florida’s Insurance Rates and Contracts statute.
For help with a Jacksonville property claim, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We help homeowners with all types of property damage claims, including:
- Tropical storms
- Structure fires
- Damaging winds
- Downed trees
- Broken water lines
- Sewer line blockages
Life in Florida can be unpredictable. However, dealing with the insurance company shouldn’t be.
What do Your Covered Losses Include?
Although your coverage options may vary, homeowners’ policies typically cover some or all of the following items:
- Repair or replacement of your home
- Repair or replacement of garages, sheds, and guest houses
- Repair or replacement of swimming pools, decks, and balconies
- Compensation for damaged or destroyed contents
- Debris removal and haul-off
- Compensation for disaster remediation (such as water extraction and mold removal)
- Compensation for property protection costs
- Compensation for expenses incurred due to displacement
Our legal team will research your damages, document your covered losses, and submit your claim to the insurance company. We will handle every aspect of your claim, leaving you free to get your life back to normal.
A Jacksonville Property Claim Lawyer Can Address Your Case’s Challenges
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are committed to helping you recover the compensation you deserve for your property damage claim. To minimize their financial losses, insurance companies may unjustly reject or undervalue your claim.
Insurance companies may use tactics like these:
- Denying you have coverage
- Denying your damages are covered
- Denying your claim
- Undervaluing your claim
- Failing to investigate your claim
In some cases, the insurer may send an unqualified adjustor to investigate your damages. Our law firm can address these complications throughout the progression of your case.
How a Jacksonville Property Claim Lawyer will Serve You
Per Florida Statutes §627.7011, the insurance representative cannot make any false or misleading statements. They also cannot discourage you from working with a property claim lawyer.
No matter what the status of your claim may be, we will hold the insurance company to their obligations under your policy. Our services include:
- Investigating and documenting your damages
- Submitting your claim and demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiating a settlement
- Determining which policy applies to your situation
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance practices
- Managing all communications
- Advancing the progression of your case
Our legal team will handle all aspects of your situation, including communications with the insurance company, their lawyers, and any other parties involved with your claim.
In addition to documenting and submitting your original property claim, we can assist you with the following:
Appealing a Property Claim Denial
If the insurance company denied your claim, our legal team will determine the reason why. If the insurer denies a claim for covered losses, we will provide additional support for the claim, answer questions, and do whatever may be necessary to negotiate an acceptable settlement.
Negotiating an Undervalued Settlement Offer
If the insurer makes a low offer, we will provide additional documentation to support the fair value of your claim and push for a revised, equitable offer for your damages.
Amending Your Original Property Damage Claim
If you discovered additional damage after submitting your original demand letter, we will provide the supporting documents and a revised statement. We will handle all necessary negotiations from there.
Investigating a Delayed Claim
If you are struggling to get a response from the insurance company, we will demand they investigate your claim and make a decision.
If the insurer refuses to make a fair offer or they continue to deny your covered damages, we can file a lawsuit to compel their cooperation. Because you only have a limited time to take legal action for a property claim, you should promptly consider your legal options.
Documenting and Establishing Value for Your Jacksonville Property Claim
We begin by investigating your property damage and identifying all covered losses. Then we document each one, so we can seek maximum compensation for you.
To document your claim, we typically use some or all of the following items:
- Property repair estimates
- An itemized list of lost or damaged contents
- Receipts for items you have already replaced
- Receipts for displacement expenditures (such as hotel stays, food, and transportation)
- Receipts for disaster remediation expenditures
- Receipts for plywood, tarps, and other items used to secure and protect the property
- Photos of your home and contents before the damage
- Photos of your home after the damage
If the value of your property damage claim exceeds your policy limits—or if your home was a total loss—we will submit a demand letter for the value of your policy. It is important to note the insurance company will subtract your policy’s deductible from your final settlement total.
Until you talk to a property claim lawyer, do not accept any settlement offers or provide a statement or signatures to the insurance company. Doing so may relinquish your right to seek additional compensation should you discover further damage.
You Have Protections Under the Florida Homeowner’s Bill of Rights
The Florida Homeowner’s Bill of Rights grants you certain benefits under the law. Those benefits prevent the insurer from unjustly stalling your case’s progression. For instance:
- The insurer must acknowledge your claim’s submission within 14 days of receiving it.
- The insurer must make a decision regarding your claim within 30 days.
- The insurer must pay your damages (if they reach a decision) within 90 days.
Just because the insurance company has certain obligations doesn’t mean they will abide by them. By having a personal injury lawyer from our firm on your side, you can protect yourself against unfair tactics.
Free Jacksonville Property Claim Consultation and Case Review
If the liable insurer denies you coverage, treats you unfairly, or offers you a low settlement, our team can help you. To explore working with a property claims lawyer in Jacksonville at no cost or obligation, call today.