The Atlantic hurricane and tropical storm season can be nerve-wracking for Davie property owners, especially those who may have recently suffered damage. These violent storms can destroy homes and businesses in a matter of hours. You are entitled to file several damages under the details of your insurance policy.
Some insurance companies make it difficult for home and business owners who file legitimate claims. Please call a hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie if this happens to you. A hurricane property claim lawyer will pursue the compensation you deserve. Pleasecontact us today to request a free consultation.
You Pay Your Premiums, Yet the Insurance Company Declines Your Claim
As hurricane property damage lawyers serving Broward County, we often hear from policyholders whose post-storm claims are denied or underpaid.
If you are the legal property owner who pays your premiums only to have your insurance carrier dispute a legitimate property damage claim, please call us for a thorough response to your legal matter.
A hurricane lawyer in Davie could resolve a disputed claim with your property insurance company by:
- Reviewing your policy carefully to determine your available coverage.
- Negotiating a fair settlement amount within the scope of your policy coverage.
- Obtaining an appraisal to determine the actual cash value of your damaged property.
- Advising you on the required terms and conditions for you to receive benefits.
- Ensuring that the insurance company follows its contractual obligation for legitimate flood damage claims.
- Filing suit against the insurance company in case of a claim denial.
If your home or business was damaged or destroyed in a hurricane, the last thing you need is to decipher the fine print on your property insurance policy or deal with an insurance adjuster.
You might be injured or trying to find a safe temporary place for you and your family until your home is repaired or rebuilt. Your insurance company should not take advantage of you during these stressful times.
Please call an insurance claim lawyer if your insurance company has denied, delayed, or underpaid a hurricane property claim.
Insurance Companies Use Questionable Tactics to Avoid Paying Claims
Our hurricane property claim lawyers are skilled negotiators who understand Florida’s insurance regulations. We have successfully resolved disputes and valuation claims for many property owners in Davie and throughout Broward County and South Florida.
A property damage attorney in Davie recognizes some of these tactics that an insurance company might use to dispute your claim, including when a company:
- Denies insurance coverage is valid
- Pays only part of your claim, saying that it is excluded from your policy
- Takes an unreasonable amount of time to follow up with your claim
- Makes false statements about your coverage or claim
- Undervalues some or all valuation
- Tells you that you do not need to consult a lawyer
You have the legal right to have a hurricane property claim lawyer of your choosing to help you file a claim or resolve a dispute. The insurance company is counting on the fact that you need to get compensated quickly to repair or rebuild.
While this might be true, our firm’s aggressive property damage attorney will immediately get to work on your case. We will do all we can for a speedy resolution so you can move on with your life.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane property claim lawyer serving Davie, 800-747-3733
Recommended Steps Before and After a Hurricane in Davie
Please remember that homes and businesses can be rebuilt; human lives cannot. Make sure you and your family are prepared and safe before a hurricane strikes Davie.
Nearly 15 million residents live near the Florida coast, where winds and storm surges are the most dangerous.
Preparing for the Storm
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie will recommend protecting your property with steps that include:
- Protecting your doors and windows with impact-resistant shutters.
- Keeping trees trimmed, removing yard debris, and taking in items like garbage cans that can become deadly missiles in hurricane-force winds.
- Putting your homeowner’s insurance and other important documents in a waterproof container and bring them with you if you must evacuate.
After the Storm
After the storm, our hurricane property claim lawyers recommend the following steps:
- Reporting the claim to your insurance company as soon as possible
- Taking steps to protect your home or business from further rain or wind damage, such as using a tarp (heavy plastic sheeting) to cover a hole in the roof
- Taking pictures and videos of structural damage with a date and time stamp on the images
- Writing an inventory of damages both inside your home and outside
- Saving your receipts for items such as tarp, hotel stay, and other storm-related expenses
- Keeping a log of all communication and correspondence with your insurance adjuster, including dates, times, and a summary of the conversation
Please do not accept any payment from the insurance company until a hurricane property claim attorney in Davie can review the terms and conditions.
Some insurance companies will consider the claim closed even if you accept a partial payment. They aim to pay as little as possible even though you are a policyholder.
We may have to file a bad faith lawsuit for you to recover a full payout. To request a free consultation, please call our law offices.
DavieHurricane Property Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
No Recovery Means No Fee
Remember, you do not have to speak with an insurance claims adjuster. Our legal team understands that it is stressful before, during, and after a hurricane. An experienced attorney will be your legal advocate who will pursue your rightful compensation.
Our hurricane property claim lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay attorney fees unless and until we can recover compensation on your property claim. We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation.
An attorney with extensive experience can help you prepare a claim or battle the insurance company that has refused or undervalued your claim. We invite you to call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to learn more about the types of claims we handle.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW