If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident in Jacksonville and suspect that another party’s negligence caused it, a Jacksonville truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can support you. We can investigate the accident and determine if another party owes you compensation for your damages.
First Coast News writes that the I-95 stretch near Lem Turner, a road in Jacksonville, is one of the more dangerous locations in Duval County. Wherever and however your truck accident occurred in this city, we want to hear about it and learn how we can help. When we fight for personal injury victims, we tackle their case from beginning to end. You are free to focus on your health while we seek compensation on your behalf.
- Overview of Truck Accidents
- How Can the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Help With Your Truck Accident Case?
- Can You File a Claim Against the Truck Driver for Your Injuries?
- Which Insurance Company Should You File Your Claim With?
- Was the Truck Driver or Carrier at Fault for the Accident?
- What Types of Losses Can You Recover With a Truck Accident Claim?
- How Do I Get the Compensation I Need?
- Call Today for Your No-cost Consultation With a Representative
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
Overview of Truck Accidents
Truck accident cases are different from other types of accident cases in several ways:
- The injuries are typically more extensive, given the massive size and weight of semi-trucks
- Special federal trucking laws apply to the case
- Victims may face hefty opposition from the team of attorneys that truck companies often employ to fight liability
- Evidence tends to get quickly “lost” or destroyed unless your attorney takes steps to stop it
We can help with your claim and hold negligent drivers or carriers liable for the harms you have suffered.
Florida Truck Accidents Do Significant Damage
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) compiles statistics relating to the number of truck accidents that occur in the state every year, as well as how serious those accidents were. In 2020, as shown on Page 15 of the report:
- Trucks and cargo vans weighing less than 10,000 pounds caused over 84 incapacitating injuries
- Trucks weighing more than 10,000 pounds caused 111 incapacitating injuries
- There were 37 fatalities involving trucks of all sizes
Non-incapacitating injuries were even more common, with trucks causing 854 such injuries in 2020. Any sort of serious injury could qualify you for compensation from the liable party’s insurance company in addition to your own.
Jacksonville Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How Can the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Help With Your Truck Accident Case?
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are passionate about helping truck accident victims secure justice and compensation.
We can help with all aspects of your truck accident case, from preserving evidence and filing documents to negotiating with the insurer and litigating in court. We aim to provide our clients with responsive legal care and attain the outcome they deserve.
You will receive updates on your case frequently, and you will have your attorney’s phone number. You can expect us to respond to all your calls and emails. We can also help you get your car fixed and schedule any appointments. While you worry about getting better, we take care of all the work.
Can You File a Claim Against the Truck Driver for Your Injuries?
Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means that in most cases, everyone files a claim with and recovers compensation from their own insurance company, irrespective of fault. However, there are certain times when you can step outside of the no-fault system and hold another driver accountable for your damages.
According to Florida law, if your injury meets any of the following criteria, it qualifies as a “serious injury.” You may seek financial recovery from an at-fault party after an accident where:
- Your injury is permanent
- You suffered significant and permanent scarring
- The accident caused your disfigurement
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Which Insurance Company Should You File Your Claim With?
If the truck driver or truck company was at fault or mostly at fault for the accident, and if your injuries qualify as serious, it is typically a better idea to take action against the trucking company rather than file with your own insurer.
This is because your own insurer limits your recovery based on your policy limits. Most people only carry minimum coverages, so you are probably looking at a max of only $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
Trucking companies, on the other hand, will typically have much more comprehensive coverage, so you could potentially recover far more for your losses. Also, when you file against a carrier, you might be able to recover additional damages, such as pain and suffering, depending on the situation.
We Are Familiar With Insurance Companies
The outcome of your truck accident claim is important to you and your family, and you want to get the highest settlement possible. So before taking any action or filing any claims, speak to our Jacksonville truck accident lawyer about your options. We can point you in the right direction and help you make informed decisions about your case.
We know the tactics insurers use to devalue claims, and we won’t let you get lowballed. Allow us to step in and handle communication with the insurance company. We don’t fall victim to the game they play in order to avoid paying victims adequate settlements.
Was the Truck Driver or Carrier at Fault for the Accident?
You can hold the trucking company liable for your losses if you can show that the driver or the company was somehow negligent. In legal terms, negligence simply means a failure to act in a reasonably safe manner so as not to put others at risk of harm.
If the company or trucker somehow breached the standard duty of care and their actions—or inaction—caused the crash, they are responsible for your injuries. We can help establish their negligence.
Typical Forms of Truck Driver Negligence
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have handled numerous truck accident cases for victims throughout the years. Below are some of the most common forms of truck driver negligence we have seen:
- The truck driver was poorly or inadequately trained
- The driver overstepped the legal hours of service rules and was driving while fatigued
- The driver was texting or using their phone while driving
- The driver overcompensated or made serious maneuvering mistakes
- The driver was intoxicated
- The driver broke the rules of the road by speeding, traveling too fast for conditions, or failing to look before changing lanes
- The cargo was improperly loaded or overloaded
- The trucking company or driver failed to properly maintain or repair the truck
When we look into your accident, we will figure out what went wrong, and from there, we can identify the liable party or parties.
What Types of Losses Can You Recover With a Truck Accident Claim?
Our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue financial compensation for your losses and expenses related to your injuries. The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, your prognosis, the estimated dollar amount of your current and future medical needs, the duration of your disability, and other factors. Cases where you sustained lots of scarring, an amputation, or another disfigurement will naturally merit more damages.
Some of the things we can seek recovery for on your behalf include:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages, reduced capacity to work, and loss of work benefits
- Expenses related to fixing your vehicle
- Mental anguish and emotional and psychological harms
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical and intellectual disability
- The effect of your injuries on your job, family, and sense of wellbeing
Similarly, if your loved one died in a truck accident, you can seek compensation for the losses you have sustained as a result. Wrongful death damages include loss of financial contributions your loved one would have made, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of support and consortium.
How Do I Get the Compensation I Need?
Neither the law nor the insurance companies are the easiest institutions to deal with. They have their own rules and priorities to consider—rules and priorities that do not necessarily coincide with your needs.
To protect your rights and give yourself the time you need to recover from this terrible event, let our team do the following and more on your behalf.
Investigate the Crash
Whether you have a clear recollection of the accident or not, your testimony may not be enough to get the money you need. While we can depose you and include your testimony as part of our case file, we can also:
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Review news reports, personal photos, surveillance cam footage, and other materials that depict any aspect of the collision
- Request copies of your medical records, the official accident report, and more
- Speak with witnesses and experts who may have important things to say about what really happened
- Provide the liable party with any evidence they request from you
- Request evidence from the liable party
Determine a Course of Action
Many cases settle out of court without you ever having to set foot in a courtroom. Others, however, do require us to argue your case before a judge and jury.
Which way will your case go? That depends on numerous factors, including the specifics of your case, the liable party’s willingness (or unwillingness) to negotiate, and so on. Our experience enables us to guide clients toward the course of action that is most likely to get them fast and fair compensation.
Treat You With Respect and Compassion
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine know that there is more to a lawsuit than submitting paperwork and entering negotiations. We never lose sight of the human factor and, as these testimonials show, always put our clients’ wellbeing first.
- “Shire Patel worked with me on my case and was absolutely amazing!… He was also very responsive and always kept in touch updating me about my case at all hours.” – Daniel R.
- “Evans was most friendly, honest and sincere with our case and I would highly recommend this law firm to those struggling with finding the right law firm.” – Kharmen W.
- “I can honestly say these guys don’t mess around. The [sic] were very compassionate and made everything go as smoothly as possible.” – Baldo L.
Call Today for Your No-cost Consultation With a Representative
Call our office today at (904) 600-4000 for a consultation with a representative to see how a truck accident lawyer can be of service to you after your Jacksonville accident. You deserve recompense for your injuries and other damages if a negligent party is responsible for them.
We take cases on contingency, meaning you pay your lawyer nothing upfront. If we achieve compensation for you, the fees come from your award, not your pockets. If we are unable to secure any form of compensation, we do not get paid. There are no risks for you this way. Get in touch with us today as you have limited time to potentially recover damages.