If your Tallahassee home sustained hurricane damage, your homeowner’s insurance should compensate you for all covered damages and losses. To ensure they deal with you in good faith, talk to a hurricane property claim lawyer.
The property claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can assist you with filing your original claim as well as with any denial or delay of your claim’s resolution.
To see how a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tallahassee can help you, call us.
Potential Damages Included in a Hurricane Property Claim
The damages and value you can claim for hurricane-related property damage will depend on the terms of your policy and the amount of your coverage. Our legal team will analyze your policy and help you understand your rights and obligations.
In Tallahassee, most homeowner’s insurance policies cover damages caused by a hurricane. Most policies do not cover flood damage in the traditional sense; however, they usually cover water damage caused by wind-driven rain.
Common types of damages you may seek include:
- Repair or replacement of your home
- Repair or replacement of covered ancillary structures such as a detached garage, guest house, or workshop
- Compensation for your home’s contents
- Covered items of personal property riders, such as art and jewelry
- Water extraction and other remediation services
- Mold removal and treatment
- Debris removal and property cleanup
- Temporary roofing, board-up, and other costs related to securing your property after the damage
- Temporary relocation expenses (hotel, meals, transportation, etc.)
Our hurricane property claim lawyers and legal team will fight tirelessly to recover every expense and loss you incurred and hold your insurance company accountable for your damages.
Holding Your Insurer Accountable for a Hurricane Property Claim
Following a hurricane, you hope your insurance company will do the right thing and cover your expense as outlined in your policy. However, you may find your claim delayed or denied outright.
If you experience any of these challenges, our legal team can help:
- Denying you have valid coverage when you do
- Denying your policy covers your damages
- Delaying the investigation of your claim
- Denying your claim outright
- Delaying settlement of your claim
- Offering an undervalued settlement
- Requiring you to sign a release
- Flagging partial settlement checks as “paid in full” or “full and final payment”
Insurance companies cannot intentionally mislead you or give you false information. They also cannot discourage you from engaging the services of a hurricane property claim lawyer.
Our legal team will protect your legal right to seek compensation for your covered losses and compel the insurer to deal with your claim in good faith. If the company refuses to make an acceptable offer of settlement, we can help you determine if taking further action, such as filing a lawsuit, makes sense for you.
How a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer Can Help You
Our legal team can assist you in the preparation, submission, and resolution of your original hurricane property claim. If you have struggled to get answers from the insurer, or if they are not responding to your request for a settlement, we can help.
Our services to you include:
Investigating & Documenting Your Claim
Our team will investigate your damages and document them thoroughly. A well-supported claim will help you recover as much compensation as possible.
Determining the Value of Your Hurricane Damage Claim
We will calculate the value of your damages and ensure we include all expenses allowable under your policy. We will document your damages thoroughly to facilitate the speedy resolution of your claim.
Negotiating With the Insurance Company
We will represent and deal with the insurance company, other lawyers, and anyone else involved in your claim. We will push the insurer to negotiate in good faith and to resolve your case as quickly as possible.
Communicating & Answering Your Questions
During this challenging time, we will communicate proactively with you. We will answer your questions, ensure you understand your coverage, and update you as necessary about important developments with your claim.
Protect Your Right to Recover Damages
Do not provide any statements to the insurance company until you talk to your lawyer, as they may use any official statement you make as grounds for denying your claim. Likewise, do not accept any lowball offers or sign any documents until your property claim lawyer reviews them. You could be signing away your rights to pursue damages.
Contact a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tallahassee at 1-800-747-3733 for a review of your claim.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Hurricane Property Claim
Due to Florida law, you have a limited time to file an insurance claim or to pursue legal action for your hurricane-related losses. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible to protect your right to recover compensation for your losses.
Calculating Damages for Your Tallahassee Hurricane Property Claim
Our legal team will identify all the property damages covered under your policy. Your damages may include:
- The cost of all repairs necessary to restore your home to its pre-hurricane condition
- The value of covered personal property and your home’s contents
- The cost of disaster remediation and securing your home against further damage
- The cost of any items you have already replaced
- The costs associated with alternate accommodations (hotel or rental expenses), meals, transportation, and related items
- Any covered direct or out-of-pocket costs
Whatever the limits and types of coverage included in your policy, we will fight to get you the maximum possible settlement for your damages.
Consult a Tallahassee Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer Today for Free
You do not have to face this challenge alone, and you do not have to accept the insurance company’s denial as the final word. The hurricane property claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will fight for you, your future, and your right to recover compensation for all your covered damages.
We would like to offer you a free, no-obligation consultation and homeowner’s insurance policy review. To schedule your appointment with a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tallahassee, call 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.