Recovering from an accident of any kind is never an easy thing. However, recovering from a pedestrian accident can be even more difficult. All cars and trucks have such an enormous size and weight advantage over pedestrians that a pedestrian accident almost invariably leads to serious injuries for the accident victim.
Whenever you have serious injuries because of a pedestrian accident, it may be time to consider contacting legal representation to protect your interests. The at-fault driver in your pedestrian accident has an entire insurance company behind them. Don’t you think you should have a pedestrian accident lawyer on your team behind you?
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident in Jacksonville, FL, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine could explain your rights and take on your case for you. Our Jacksonville pedestrian accident lawyers are dedicated to going the extra mile for our clients. As your attorneys, our mission is to help you get the compensation you deserve after apedestrian accident. We serve all of Florida, including Jacksonville.
Our consultations are always complimentary. In addition, you do not owe any attorney’s fees if your pedestrian accident lawyer doesn’t recover compensation for your losses.
Damages Available Following a Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident
As a part of building a case and working toward a settlement or court award, a Jacksonville pedestrian accident lawyer will identify the expenses and losses you suffered because of the accident and your injuries.
The compensation we seek to recover includes these damages:
- Past and future medical bills related to your accident-related injuries
- Ongoing care costs
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages if your family member passed away in the accident
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Jacksonville, 800-747-3733
You May Be Able To Collect Non-Economic Damages After A Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident
When it comes to recoverable damages after an accident, most people immediately think of the economic cost. However, Florida also allows pedestrian accident victims to demand non-economic damages. Non-economic damages may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Long-term pain and suffering
- Post-accident mental trauma and stress
- Temporary or long-term lost quality of life
- Permanent disability
The value of non-economic damages is subjective. However, when you have quality legal representation, an accident lawyer from our firm can make a compelling demand for these damages on your behalf. The reality is that it is not just your body that needs healing. Pedestrian accidents can absolutely shatter your peace of mind and sense of normalcy. You deserve compensation for that as much as you deserve compensation for your economic damages.
What Happens If I’m Accused of Causing the Accident?
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. So, if you contributed to your injuries, you can still seek compensation. Consider this scenario:
- You misjudged the distance between you and a speeding vehicle.
- You ran across the street where a motorist struck you.
- A jury determines that you share 20 percent of the fault for the collision.
- Your damages entitle you to receive $1 million.
- Because the jury found you 20 percent at fault, you could only recover $800,000.
Don’t let the other party’s accusations of fault prevent you from seeking damages. After investigating your case, our personal injury attorney may find that you don’t bear any blame for the collision.
What Injuries Can Result from Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrian accidents can lead to severe injuries – even accidents occurring at low speeds. Examples of accident-related injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and strains
Some pedestrian accidents even prove fatal. If you lost a loved one in a Jacksonville pedestrian accident, our team stands ready to advocate for you.
JacksonvillePedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Your Legal Representative Will Handle Your Entire Pedestrian Accident Case
After an accident, educating yourself about Florida law is the last thing you have time for. You might be out of work and suffering from severe injuries. You could need physical therapy, surgeries, and ongoing treatments.
Let our lawyers take on your personal injury claim or lawsuit. We will:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault and liability
- Assign a value to all your current and future losses
- Help you file a claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Protect your rights
- Tell you about your options
- Stand by you in court, if necessary
- Make your case to the judge
- Hunt down evidence that supports your case
- Cover court fees for you until you get your award
- Recruit accident reconstructionists and medical expert witnesses
We Go the Extra Mile for Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident Victims
To build a strong case and pursue the payout you deserve after suffering injuries in a pedestrian accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will provide responsive legal care.
We understand your stress and frustration and want to ensure you do not have to fight this on your own. You worry about getting better. We take care of the rest.
Client testimonials can help you make your decision when choosing a personal injury lawyer for your case. Here are what our past clients have said about us:
- “Marc Anidjar was awesome from day 1 as well. He oversaw every detail of each of our cases and always took the time to personally answer questions.” – Jessica D.
- “The… scheduling appointments, helping with repairs… were things I could never have accomplished without them. My sincerest heartfelt appreciation to them.” – Andrea V.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Investigating Your Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident
We will look at all the evidence we uncover to learn about your accident. Pedestrian injury accidents typically occur in:
- Parking lots
- On sidewalks
- In crosswalks
- In intersections
- Along busy roads
- In your own neighborhood
Potentially Liable Parties In Your Accident Case
Due to the various areas these accidents take place, many different parties could be financially responsible for your injuries. These could include:
- A vehicle parts manufacturer that sold defective parts, causing the driver involved in your accident to be unable to stop, hitting you as a result
- A negligent driver that was distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, or otherwise negligent behind the wheel
- A negligent company that did not conduct proper background checks on the driver that hit you
- A municipality that failed to fix a broken traffic light, leaving the driver to hit you
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian versus motor vehicle accident in Jacksonville, Duval County, or elsewhere in northeast Florida, we are here to help. You may be eligible to pursue damages for the expenses and losses you suffered.
Jacksonville Pedestrian AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
You Have a Limited Time to File a Lawsuit in Florida
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) imposes a statute of limitations that creates a deadline for how long we have to take legal action against the at-fault motorist who caused your accident and injuries.
We encourage you to call us as soon as possible after your injuries stabilize so we have sufficient time to work on your case. We must meet this deadline because you could lose the right to file a personal injury lawsuit if we miss it.
If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you have our sympathy and support. However, we can fight to secure damages to help you pay for:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Your family member’s medical costs before their passing
- Loss of support
- Loss of guidance and consortium
- The mental anguish you are suffering
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer in Jacksonville?
You don’t have to forgo legal aid because of concerns about cost. That’s because we operate on a contingency-fee basis. For you, this means:
- You pay no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
- We don’t charge any hourly rates or retainers.
- You don’t pay any attorney’s fees unless your case ends with receiving a settlement or jury award.
From the beginning of our partnership, you’ll understand everything about our payment plan moving forward. That way, you can make an informed decision about your legal options.
What Should I Do After My Pedestrian Accident in Duval County?
The following considerations could promote your case’s outcome:
- Get medical attention. By visiting a healthcare provider, you can start treatment that could better your condition. We can also use your medical records to protect your claims to compensation.
- Request the police report. The police officer likely filed a report after responding to the accident scene. Not only should you request a copy of the police report, but you should also check it for accuracy. You want this document to reflect what occurred to cause your collision and the immediate aftermath.
- Refrain from sharing information about the accident online. The only people who need to know about your case are you and your lawyer. Your friends on social media do not. By sharing information online, you create a written record of details that could harm your case.
During your free case review, we can explain what other measures could help you recover compensation.
Questions and Answers About Pedestrian Accidents in Duval County
You understandably have a lot of questions on your mind. So, we’ve provided answers to a few of the ones we’re asked most often.
How Much Can I Recover for My Accident-Related Losses?
How much you can recover for your accident-related losses depends on your situation. When determining what constitutes a fair settlement, we’ll consider:
- How long it’ll take to recover from your injuries
- The value of your economic losses
- The impact of the accident on your life
- Your mental state
- Whether you can return to your previous quality of life
- Your missed time from work
- The medical care you required
We want to recover the total cost of your injury-related losses. As such, we may consider other factors than those listed above.
Work With a Jacksonville Pedestrian Accident Attorney
To learn more, you can discuss your case today with a member of the team from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Our free case reviews can help you understand your rights and legal options. Call us today!
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW