If you were injured in a rear-end collision in Jacksonville, you may be eligible to collect compensation from the at-fault party for your economic and non-economic losses. If you’re unsure how to handle the legal process, a Jacksonville rear-end collision car accident lawyer from our personal injury team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help.
We are prepared to handle all the legal tasks in your case so that you do not have to. Instead, you can focus on recovering and attending doctor’s appointments. Our team will advocate for you each step of the way.
Claiming Compensation After A Rear-End Collision In Jacksonville
Florida is a no-fault state, which means you will initially file a claim under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy, regardless of who is at fault in the collision. You can also recover damages by filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Your Jacksonville car accident lawyer will aim to establish the full extent of your financial damages related to your accident to help you achieve a fair settlement. We will go through this process with you and ensure we account for all your losses. Your lawyer can:
- Assess the full extent of your damages, current and ongoing
- Help you gather the evidence to prove your financial losses
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
Our Jacksonville rear-end accident attorneys are here to help you seek a fair settlement and ensure your case is managed fairly.
Damages You Can Claim After A Jacksonville Rear-End Collision Car Accident
There are a variety of damages to claim in a rear-end collision accident in Jacksonville, Florida. Our legal team will work with you to pursue damages such as:
It is crucial to obtain medical care as soon as possible after an accident. Conditions like whiplash have very few symptoms but can worsen over time. Therefore, if you wait too long, it can be more difficult to connect the injury with the accident, putting your claim at risk.
All reasonable and necessary medical costs are compensable, including the initial trauma care, diagnostic work, ambulance, emergency room, urgent care center, specialists, your treating doctor, prescriptions, surgery, hospital, and physical therapy. We can also include the costs of future medical care you will need because of your injuries sustained during the accident.
Depending on the extent of your injuries and how well you recuperated, you might not be able to perform at your previous job. You might have to cut your hours, take a lower-paying job, or change your career path. You could recover the income you lost.
Non-economic, or intangible damages, allow you to seek compensation for the losses you suffered that do not have a financial value. Physical pain and suffering, lost life enjoyment, and mental anguish are compensable losses.
The Rear Driver Is Not Automatically At Fault For Rear-End Accidents In Jacksonville
While it is most commonly assumed the rear-end driver is always at fault, in some accidents, the lead driver could be liable. Examples of where this may be the case include:
- Reversing into the car behind
- Driving with broken brake lights
- The lead driver suddenly stopping unnecessarily or intentionally
- Another driver abruptly cutting in front of you, not allowing enough braking distance to avoid a collision
- Collisions caused due to drunk or distracted driving
Proving Fault After A Rear-End Collision In Jacksonville, Florida
It can be stressful dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident, especially while recovering from your injuries. However, we can take care of all of that for you. Our Jacksonville rear-end auto accident attorneys will support you by:
- Investigating the accident’s cause to identify liable parties
- Gathering and organizing the evidence required to establish your case, such as police reports, CCTV footage, your medical records, and statements from witnesses
- Building a robust case and managing administration and communications with insurance companies
Proving who caused your accident is important, as they are the party that we would pursue compensation from. Our team is ready to demonstrate liability in your case.
Step By Step: Dealing With The Aftermath Of A Jacksonville Rear-End Collision
Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. In 2022, Duval County saw 24,347 of these accidents according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
In the stress of the moment, it is not easy to know what to do. To support you, our Jacksonville rear-end accident lawyers have prepared the following step-by-step guide to help you stay safe and calm should the unexpected happen.
At The Scene:
- Move to safety, but do not leave the accident scene
- Call 911 to request immediate medical attention if anyone is injured
- Report the accident to the police
- Never admit fault, apologize, or say you feel fine
- Exchange contact details with the other involved driver(s)
- Gather evidence, such as photographs of vehicle damage, marks on the road, and injuries
- Collect contact information from any witnesses
In The Aftermath:
- See your doctor, as you may have injuries you do not know about
- Follow the doctor’s recommended treatment plan
- Avoid posting on social media, as insurance companies can view this information and use it against you
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, but do not provide details about how you feel
- Consider seeking advice about your legal options with a free consultation
- If you hire legal representation, let your insurance company know your lawyer will handle further communication with them
Our team is on hand to support you through every stage of the legal process. If you have questions, please reach out. We are here to help.
Get Help From Our Jacksonville Rear-End Collision Accident Attorney Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, your needs come first. We build genuine connections with our clients and are always here to answer your questions. You can contact us night or day. With years of experience helping people with legal matters, we will fight to defend your rights and recover the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about your legal options for making a rear-end accident claim, contact our team for a free consultation. Reach out to us today.
We Can Help.