Your regular daily needs and monthly expenses do not stop because you sustained injuries in an accident. You might also incur additional costs, making it tempting to accept the first settlement offer you receive. However, doing so could mean you inadvertently undervalue your case and accept a smaller settlement than you deserve.
A little patience can help maximize your settlement because it will allow the full range of your damages to reveal themselves after a thorough investigation. Our team will help you explore other options for maximizing your case, including tapping into your insurance policy for added compensation if the at-fault party’s insurance doesn’t sufficiently cover your losses.
Know What Compensation You Can Recover
You could request the following recoverable damages after an accident:
- Completed and anticipated medical care
- Lost income such as wages and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Physical disability or impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
You could easily miscalculate the value of your injuries and their related expenses on your own. In addition, you could overlook some damages altogether. Our team will value your losses accurately and fight to maximize your insurance payout.
Do Not Put Your Personal Injury Settlement at Risk
When you request compensation from the at-fault party in a personal injury case in Florida, state law determines the deadline for filing your potential lawsuit. If the statute of limitations expires, your right to compensation expires with it. Depending on the type of injury you suffered and its outcome:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally four years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b)
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
- The nursing home abuse statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Florida Statutes § 400.0236
Complying with the statute of limitations is one of the simplest ways to ensure your case gets the attention it deserves. It also provides you do not lose your right to compensation.
Hire Our Team to Maximize Your Settlement
We obtain a copy of your accident report as part of our representation agreement. This critical piece of evidence provides many valuable details that help prove the at-fault parties’ liability:
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Accident-scene diagrams
- Photos and video footage
- Available witness statements
To optimize your financial recovery, our team will read and review all pertinent evidence, such as your medical records, which show the extent of your injuries and decisions made by medical professionals. In addition, we will consult with experts who can determine the accident’s cause or analyze your injuries’ impact on your future earning capacity.
We’ll Work Hard to Maximize Your Settlement
Our personal injury team understands your desire to optimize your financial recovery after an accident. When we represent you, we explain how to maximize your settlement by:
- Documenting your injuries
- Preparing your case file
- Ensuring your compensation request is made promptly
- Filing your potential lawsuit on time
You might benefit from talking to a team member before dealing with the insurance company. For example, our injury team will take care of evidence collection. More importantly, we will make sure to include every damage you should recover in your compensation request. Finally, we manage settlement negotiations and fight for a favorable agreement for you.
We Make Every Personal Injury Client a Priority
Responsive legal care customized for your needs is our client service goal. We work hard to bring a personal touch to personal injury law. Our team makes sure every client we represent gets:
- A contact number for their lawyer
- Prompt responses to their questions
- Replies to their calls and emails
- Regular updates on their case
We will go the extra mile for you. We aim to enable you to focus on recovering from your injuries while taking care of every detail of your case. In addition, we’ll help you schedule medical appointments and ensure your property is repaired or replaced.
Request Your Free Case Consultation
When you pursue financial compensation via a personal injury case in Florida, our personal injury law firm can ensure you understand how to maximize your settlement. Learn more about our legal services by contacting our case review team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Call 1-800-747-3733 today.
We Can Help.