If there is a dispute between the insurance company and the insured, one way to resolve it without litigation is to use state mediation. In some situations, the insured has the right to request mediation if he or she is not satisfied with the amount offered by the insurance company.

The state of Florida provides mediation for some categories of insurance claims. In state mediation, a neutral third party (the mediator) licensed by the state of Florida meets with the insurance company representative and the claimant to try to come to an agreement. Mediation is not legally binding and the parties can rescind any settlement made within 3 days as long as the check was not cashed. The mediator does not make a final decision but helps the parties resolve their dispute. However, too often, a policyholder will go into mediation without adequate preparation or training, while the insurance company’s representative comes with professional experience in mediation and negotiation.

If you are a public adjuster who needs legal assistance with a client’s state mediation, the law firm of Anidjar & Levine, P.A. can help. In difficult cases, retaining an attorney is crucial in guiding your client through the mediation process, helping your client understand and prepare for the mediation, and attending the mediation itself if the client requests. The attorneys at Anidjar & Levine, P.A. have years of experience helping public adjusters and their clients recover the maximum compensation possible. We are thoroughly knowledgeable about Florida insurance law and employ a full team of lawyers, investigators and legal experts to handle our cases. Your initial consultation with us is absolutely free. There is no cost, no obligation and no hidden fees – we don’t get paid unless you get paid. We are dedicated to achieve the best results possible for you and your clients.

To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced South Florida state mediation attorney, please contact Anidjar & Levine, P.A. by calling 800-747-3733 or fill out and submit our online “Contact Us” form.