If you were injured on someone else’s property by a third party, you may have a negligent security case against the owner of that property. You could recover damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and personal property damages.
The negligent security lawyers in Florida at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are here to help you. Contact us today for a free case evaluation at 1-800-747-3733. You should not have to suffer because of someone else’s negligent behavior.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Florida, call (800) 747-3733
Types of Negligent Security Cases
Negligent security cases arise when a victim is injured on another person’s property by a third party. The perpetrator may take advantage of insufficient lighting, rusted fences, or other lax security measures to injure a victim.
Florida law allows a property owner to be held legally liable for a crime committed on their property by a third party if that crime is considered “foreseeable.” In these cases, we must prove:
- The property owner had a duty to provide a reasonably safe environment. For example, a late-night diner in a high crime area should have a well-lit parking lot or a security guard.
- The victim was injured because of the lapse in security. For example, you were hurt during a robbery at the late-night diner because they did provide a reasonably safe environment.
- You suffered damages due to the failure to provide adequate security. For example, you were treated for cuts to the face or a broken arm due to the robbery.
Here are a few examples of negligent security cases we might pursue:
- A casino fails to add additional security after a robbery and a subsequent robbery occurs. You are injured in the robbery.
- A parking lot in a high crime area has broken lights that the owner has not fixed, despite being notified about the problem. You are attacked in the parking lot and injured.
- A convenience store owner fails to follow Florida laws regarding convenience store security. The store is robbed, and you are injured as a result.
These are just a few examples of negligent security cases. A negligent security lawyer can evaluate your situation to determine if you have a case and can help if you have to go to court to file a personal injury claim.
Florida Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How a Negligent Security Lawyer in Florida Can Help Your Case
Negligent security laws are complex, but you should not have to pay for damages caused by a business or property owner’s negligence. A lawyer can help you in the following ways:
Understand How the Laws Apply to Your Case
Negligent security laws are complicated, but our team understands how the laws apply to your case. We use that knowledge to pursue damages and hold the responsible party liable for your injuries.
Prove the Property Owner Failed to Provide Adequate Security
A negligent security lawyer can gather evidence to prove the property owner had a duty to maintain safe premises. They may collect evidence, including:
- Photographs or video of the premises.
- Police reports of previous crimes in the area.
- Complaint reports of unsafe conditions.
- Police reports from your incident.
Prove Your Damages
We will also gather proof of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and personal property repair or replacement bills.
Represent You in Mediation or Court
In some cases, we can avoid going to court and settle with the property owner’s insurance company. If this is not possible, we will represent your interests in court.
Keep You Up to Date on Your Case
Throughout the process, our legal team will provide you with personalized service. This includes answering any questions you may have about your case and communicating with you as your case proceeds in a timely manner.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are here to help you through your negligent security case. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
Recoverable Damages in a Negligent Security Case
The types of recoverable damages in negligent security case are varied and depend upon the facts of your case. Some of the damages you may be able to recover include the following:
You may be able to recover the costs of medical bills stemming from the incident. These might include emergency transportation, surgery, rehabilitation therapy, doctor visits, the costs of prescription drugs, and pain and suffering.
If your injuries resulted in missed work, you may be able to recover the wages you lost. If you are permanently injured, you may also be able to recover the costs of future lost wages.
You may be able to recover the cost of replacing damaged personal property. This might include:
A negligent security lawyer in Florida can help you recover damages due to a property owner’s negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Negligent Security Lawyer in Florida Today
If you were injured due to a property owner or business owner’s negligence, you have a right to recover damages for your injuries. You should not be held financially liable for someone else’s actions or negligence.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case.