You should expect an attorney to make your Tampa car accident lawsuit as stress-free as possible. Your attorney can manage every step of the legal process, including settlement negotiations or going to trial (if necessary).
You may be curious about what an attorney will do to secure fair compensation for you. We believe that good attorneys pride themselves on transparency and that clients deserve to know where their case stands at any given moment.
How the Tampa Car Accident Lawsuit Process Generally Unfolds
A potential client typically contacts an attorney after a Tampa car accident lawyer. The attorney reviews the facts of their case, develops a strategy, gathers evidence, and then seeks compensation on behalf of the client. For cases that result in a lawsuit, the process generally includes the following:
Seeking a Settlement from the Liable Insurer
We generally start car accident cases by seeking fair compensation from the liable insurance company. Many cases involve multiple liable parties and multiple insurers.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles confirms that Florida motorists may seek compensation from their own insurer, regardless of who causes the accident. Whether you must deal with your own insurer, another motorist’s insurer, or both, an attorney can demand that each insurer compensates you fairly.
If you do not receive fair settlement offers from one or more insurers, then it’s time to consider your legal options.
Deciding to File a Lawsuit Against the Liable Motorist (or Another Liable Party)
Your attorney can file a formal legal complaint against those responsible for your car accident in Tampa. The primary liable party is most often a motorist.
A legal complaint signals your intention to sue the liable party, but your attorney will likely continue to negotiate with insurers. Even when we file a complaint against an individual, their insurer has a duty to try to resolve the matter by covering the plaintiff’s (your) losses.
Before filing a legal complaint (or lawsuit), your attorney will:
- Explain the current status of your case
- Explain why you should consider filing a lawsuit
- Explain the ramifications of filing a lawsuit
- Receive your feedback about filing a lawsuit
- Answer any questions you have
Continuing Negotiations with the Insurer
Even after filing a lawsuit on your behalf, your attorney will continue negotiating with liable insurers. Filing a legal complaint signals to insurers that you are serious about pursuing compensation.
Insurers know that if an attorney takes your case to trial, they (and their client) may have to pay substantial compensation to you. Therefore, they may be inclined to offer a fair settlement rather than risk a more significant loss at trial.
Taking the Case to Court, If Necessary
If circumstances require, your attorney can take your case to trial after exhausting settlement negotiations to their fullest. If we proceed to trial, your legal team will handle:
- The discovery process
- Opening arguments
- Presentation of evidence
- Presentation and questioning of our witnesses
- Cross-examination of the defense’s witnesses
- Closing arguments
- All other features of the trial
Whether an attorney from our firm is negotiating a settlement or arguing your case in front of a jury, we’ll fight for the entire financial recovery you are entitled to.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
How Your Tampa Car Accident Lawyer Will Build Your Case
Before your attorney can negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial, they must build your case. The case-building process generally involves the following:
Investigating the Collision in Tampa
Our attorneys spring into action when we accept a case. This urgency is necessary to secure time-sensitive evidence. A car accident investigation typically involves:
- Getting the accident report
- Securing witness accounts and re-interviewing witnesses (if possible)
- Securing any video footage of the accident
- Securing other video footage related to the accident (like a motorist drinking on camera before driving)
Every Tampa car accident case has different circumstances. Your attorney can determine why the accident happened and who is responsible, then secure any evidence that helps your case.
Documenting Your Damages
Your attorney will build a record of your accident-related damages to prove how your car accident has harmed you. Available documentation may include:
- Medical images of your injuries (such as CT scans, X-rays, and MRIs)
- Medical bills
- Photographs of visible injuries
- Invoices for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Invoices for temporary transportation, such as rideshares or rental cars
Working With Experts
Experts are often valuable contributors to car accident cases in Tampa, helping attorneys by:
- Testifying: Experts can testify about liability for the car accident, the nature of your accident-related damages, or other aspects of your case.
- Reconstructing the accident: We may hire a reconstructionist to show how your accident happened, especially if we don’t get video footage of the collision.
- Projecting damage costs: Experts can help calculate the cost of future damages, like lost income, long-term medical care, and pain and suffering.
Experts can provide added credibility to your car accident case. Our firm goes the extra mile for clients, so we spare no expense when choosing qualified experts.
Calculating Your Case Value
Your attorney should have an exact monetary figure in hand before starting settlement negotiations. They will know exactly how much the liable parties owe you, so they can move forward with demanding that amount.
Recoverable Damages in a Tampa Car Accident Case
Car accident victims expect to get total compensation for their damages, and experienced attorneys strive to deliver. Recoverable damages in a Tampa car accident case may include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation or therapy costs
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary transportation costs
- Vehicle repairs
- Repair or replacement of other damaged property (such as a cell phone)
By approaching clients on a personal level, we can understand both the economic and non-economic damages your car accident has imposed on you.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today for Your Free Consultation
Car accident lawyers generally face filing deadlines, and we want to start working on your case as soon as possible. We also want to secure evidence that could become unavailable as time passes.
Contact us today for your free consultation, so we can start working on your case as soon as possible. You worry about getting better—we’ll take care of everything else.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW