If you were in a car accident—whether it’s on State Road 434 or in the Alafaya Village parking lot—and the other driver doesn’t have insurance, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and not know where to turn. You may still have options for seeking compensation, though.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is familiar with the legal landscape in Orange County. We can provide an Alafaya uninsured car accident lawyer to pursue the awards that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured car accidents lawyer serving Alafaya, call (800) 747-3733
Uninsured Motorists are Generally Liable for Harm That They Cause
Florida has the sixth-highest rate of uninsured motorists in the nation, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). You are not the first victim of an uninsured motorist in Florida, and firms like ours understand how to seek justice when a driver lacks insurance.
An uninsured motorist who caused your accident may have been negligent because:
- They disobeyed Florida’s requirement that all motorists have insurance.
- They failed to ensure that victims of their negligence would have adequate insurance coverage.
- They acted in a way that was not reasonable, which is the standard for negligence.
This negligence is even more glaring when the uninsured motorist causes an accident. Though the driver’s own insurance cannot cover your losses, you generally have other options for seeking compensation.
We will Determine Whether Your Own Insurance Covers Your Losses
Florida is a no-fault state, which means that your own insurance will cover certain losses regardless of who caused your collision. You will have coverage limits, though. Once your losses surpass those coverage limits, we will consider filing a lawsuit to obtain coverage for all of your losses.
Alafaya Uninsured Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Awards That You May Receive for a Collision with an Uninsured Motorist
We may recover awards for all of your accident-related losses, including:
Repairs for Your Vehicle
Both insurance and lawsuits generally cover accident victims’ vehicle repairs. You may require the complete replacement of your vehicle. If any personal property suffered damage during your accident, then you may receive awards to repair or replace that property.
Past and Anticipated Medical Expenses
Another loss that is generally covered through insurance, your medical care may entitle you to compensation. A lawsuit may provide full coverage for X-rays and other medical imaging, surgery, hospitalization, medication, and any other care that you require. You may also receive awards for your rehabilitation.
Lost Income and Earning Power
You may receive compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning power
- Lost productivity
- Lost opportunity for promotion or other career opportunities
If your return to work is uncertain, then we can project the income that you will continue to lose in the future.
Pain and Suffering
You may have diminished quality of life and various forms of trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), after your accident, and you might be able to receive compensation for this hardship. Your financial recovery may also cover the cost of treatment. Per Mayo Clinic, treatment for PTSD may include:
- Behavioral modification
The cost of these and any other necessary treatments may be part of your financial recovery. An uninsured car accident lawyer from our team will pursue the awards that you deserve. Let the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine handle your case in Alafaya. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
Should You Hire Our Firm After Your Car Accident?
Cases involving uninsured motorists may be especially complex, and having our team on your side can be a major benefit. At the big-picture level, our firm can:
- Determine who is liable for your accident
- Determine whether your own insurance will cover your losses
- Determine whether we should file a lawsuit for you
- Help you with case-related appointments
Our team will also handle all case-related responsibilities. These responsibilities may include:
- Investigating your car accident: We may work with professional investigators to gather evidence from your accident. A police report, video footage, witness accounts, and photographs may all be useful.
- Filing your case: Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally allows you four years to file a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident. If your loved one passed away from a car accident, then Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) generally allows you two years to file your case. Our team will work within these deadlines as we file your case.
- Consulting your doctors: Your doctors may educate us about your injuries. They may know how long your injury symptoms will last and what medical care you will require for those symptoms.
- Evaluating your losses: We will identify your losses and calculate their monetary value.
- Hiring experts: If experts can help with your case in any way, we will pay the cost to hire them.
- Negotiating compensation: Our team will negotiate for you. We go head-to-head with insurance companies and attorneys in order to negotiate the compensation that you deserve.
You may obtain compensation through insurance, a settlement, or a judgment after a trial. Our firm will evaluate your case as it unfolds. We remain open to any course that may produce compensation for you.
Our Clients Explain Why We Should Handle Your Car Accident Case
The reviews of our past clients explain why we can handle your car accident case:
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me…I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
- “Andijar & Levine is so on the ball that a few times I accidentally pocket dialed them and I always got a call back from Anna at the front desk! We definitely recommend Andijar & Levine…” – Jessia D.
These reviews should tell you how important client satisfaction is to our firm.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to Begin Your Injury Case
We offer FREE consultations for car accident victims and their loved ones. A car accident lawyer from our firm may lead your case and pursue the recovery that you deserve from an uninsured motorist in Alafaya.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for your free case review.