After drunk driving accidents, car accident victims can also opt to file a civil action to pursue financial compensation for their injuries and damages. Civil litigation allows you to potentially hold the drunk driver or a related party, like their employer, accountable for your damages even if they are not convicted of a DUI offense.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we help accident victims fight for the compensation they need to move forward with their lives. If you or a loved one incurred injuries in a drunk driving collision in Alafaya, Florida, we want to represent you. One of our Alafaya drunk driving car accident lawyers can build your case, then advocate for your right to financial recovery. We offer the first consultation for free to discuss your case.
Our Team Can Represent Your Case From The Moment You Call Us
Our personal injury firm handles various types of accident cases, including auto accidents involving drunk drivers. When you hire an Alafaya drunk driving car accident attorney from our team to represent you, our team gets to work to build a comprehensive case that establishes why you may qualify to receive compensation.
We Know How To Handle Insurance Companies
After an accident occurs, insurance companies will send representatives to get information about the accident so that they can determine whether they must provide coverage for damages that occurred. Rather than risk potentially placing partial blame on your side, you can refer any insurance adjuster to your attorney instead.
Our team knows how to handle communications with insurance companies, so we’ll be able to:
- Protect your case by providing strategic responses to insurance companies
- Review relevant insurance policies to determine what kind of coverage applies in your case
- Stay on top of insurance companies’ responses to you if we notice delays in communications
- Discuss potential settlement agreement terms, which may involve using a lawsuit as leverage so that the insurer cooperates
We’ll Investigate Your Case To Collect Evidence To Support Your Claims
Aside from handling your claim, our team will also work on preparing your case for trial, which means we’ll need to collect evidence to support your claims against the at-fault driver or a related party. We will initiate our own investigation into your accident to:
- Identify which party or parties may be involved in your case and whether you may have an opportunity to file more than one claim or lawsuit
- Collect photographic or video evidence from the accident scene, such as video footage from nearby traffic or surveillance cameras
- Interview witnesses and record their testimonies to be used in court
- Consult expert witnesses to retrieve analysis that might support your case, such as accident reconstruction analysis
Depending on the complexity of your case, the discovery phase can last from weeks to months to even years, so do not hesitate to begin your legal journey as soon as possible.
One Of Our Attorneys Will Represent You Each Step Of The Way
When you work with an Alafaya drunk driving car accident lawyer from our team, they will stand by your side during each stage of litigation. Whether you decide to settle your case outside of court through a deal or pursue compensation in a trial, your lawyer will respect your decision and present your case as necessary.
With their legal representation, your attorney will also:
- Provide legal counsel on obstacles you might face in your case
- Advise you on whether you should accept a settlement offer or continue pursuing compensation in court
- Remain transparent about what you can expect during your case
Our firm gives each client a phone number they can call to speak with their attorney. Our office number is also available should you ever have additional questions about our legal services or your case.
You May Be Owed Compensation From The Drunk Driver Or Another Liable Party
Victims of drunk driving accidents can pursue the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Income loss, both current and future
- Reduced earning potential
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Accident cases vary by the individual filing them, so you may claim damages not listed here. For example, if you suffered a spinal cord injury that rendered you paralyzed from the waist down and now require caretaking services, you may factor in costs for that type of medical care and emotional injuries related to losing your independence.
Another major example can involve losing a loved one in a drunk driving collision, in which case you may qualify for a wrongful death action. This would allow a surviving family member or a representative of the decedent (deceased individual) to pursue wrongful death damages, such as funeral arrangement costs and loss of inheritance.
Florida Law Sets A Time Limit On Personal Injury Cases Involving Auto Accidents
People who wish to pursue financial compensation in Florida’s civil court system must abide by the statute of limitations. Both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits abide by Florida Statutes § 95.11, which mandates:
- You must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the date of the accident.
- You must file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the victim’s death.
Failure to comply with these deadlines can result in your case’s dismissal by the reviewing judge. However, certain factors may alter your case’s filing deadline, such as whether the victim was a minor or if you name a municipality as a liable party. Our team will confirm your case’s filing deadline and take appropriate steps to maintain its validity in court.
Call The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine To Get A Free Case Review Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we advocate for our clients who have suffered injuries in drunk driving collisions. We work hard to hold at-fault and liable parties accountable for their negligence so that our clients may be able to recover their damages. If you or a loved one is a drunk driving accident victim in Alafaya, Florida, you can call our firm for a free case evaluation, and we’ll discuss your legal options.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge any attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Call our team for more information.
We Can Help.