Intersections like the ones between the Palm Coast Parkway and the Cypress Point Parkway or the Cypress Point Parkway and Cypress Point Drive are known for poor traffic flow, which can lead to accidents. When one of the drivers in an accident has no insurance, the other driver may be left worrying how he will pay for his medical care or car repairs.
If you were hit by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. If the driver has no insurance, you may seek compensation through your insurance provider or directly from the driver who hit you. A Palm Coast uninsured car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
- Seeking Compensation Through Your Insurance Coverage
- Recoverable Damages in a Palm Coast Car Accident with an Uninsured Driver
- Benefits of Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm
- Client Testimonials for Our Legal Team
- File a Lawsuit Before the Florida Deadline
- Negligent Driving Causes Car Accidents
- We Can Assist You After a Car Accident in Flagler County, Florida
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured car accidents lawyer serving Palm Coast, call (800) 747-3733
Seeking Compensation Through Your Insurance Coverage
Florida law requires all drivers to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. Information from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) shows that PIP insurance covers 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000 after a car accident, no matter who is at fault. You can seek compensation for your medical bills from your own provider if the other driver has no insurance.
You may also carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, although it is not required by Florida law. Check with your insurance provider to see if your coverage will cover your claim after being hit by an uninsured driver.
Palm Coast Uninsured Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Recoverable Damages in a Palm Coast Car Accident with an Uninsured Driver
Even a minor accident can cause major expenses. Here are some of the damages you may be able to recover:
- Economic damages for direct losses such as medical bills, anticipated future treatments, vehicle repairs or replacement, lost wages, future lost wages, and more
- Non-economic damages for your reduced quality of life, mental anguish, chronic pain, permanent disability or disfigurement, and more
- Wrongful death damages such as funeral and burial expenses, loss of spousal or parental support, loss of services, and more
Benefits of Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Firm
Uninsured car accident cases can be complex. Your insurance company may be hesitant to pay you for the full value of your damages after being hit by another driver.
Our lawyer can work with you to get fair compensation from your own insurance company and directly from the other driver. Here are some ways we can help:
- Assist you after the accident: Accidents can be overwhelming. Our lawyer will help you with your legal needs as well as other details, like finding a place to get your car fixed or scheduling an appointment with your doctor.
- Investigate the accident: A successful case depends on proving that the other driver caused your accident. We will gather evidence such as eyewitness statements, police reports, pictures from the scene, cell phone records, and more to show negligence by the other driver.
- Estimate the value of your damages: We will collect evidence such as medical bills and records, past wage statements, pictures of your injuries, expert testimony, and more to show how much your damages are worth.
- Seek damages from your insurance provider: We will pursue damages through your PIP and uninsured motorist coverage.
- File a lawsuit: If your own coverage does not adequately compensate you for your losses, we will file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver who caused your accident.
- Keep you informed: Throughout this process, our lawyer will stay in touch with you so that you know the status of your case. Feel free to call or email at any time, and you can always expect a prompt reply.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Client Testimonials for Our Legal Team
We work hard to get justice for people who were injured because of another person’s negligent behavior. We provide responsive legal care and advocate tirelessly for our clients. Check out some of our client testimonials.
File a Lawsuit Before the Florida Deadline
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) and Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) establishes the statutes of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death at four years and two years, respectively. In general, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for personal injury and two years from the date your loved one died to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
Under certain circumstances, these legal deadlines may be extended. Our lawyer will let you know how these laws affect your case and make sure that you meet important legal deadlines.
Negligent Driving Causes Car Accidents
Some accidents are caused by bad luck, and some are caused by bad driving. Some examples of negligent driving include:
- Ignoring traffic signals and signs
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving too fast for current weather conditions
- Failing to yield
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving
If another driver’s careless behavior caused your accident, he may be legally liable and financially responsible for it. Drivers should have car insurance to pay for any personal injuries or property damage they inflict on others. Even if the driver who hit you lacks insurance, you may still be able to recover compensation from him.
We Can Assist You After a Car Accident in Flagler County, Florida
Our team is ready to help you if you are left scrambling to pay your bills after being hit by an uninsured driver. Our lawyer may be able to help you recover damages for medical care, lost wages, and more after your car accident in Palm Coast.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case consultation. Because we work on contingency, we collect nothing unless we win.