Car accidents can cause multiple different medical issues and trauma to victims that experience them. In many cases, a car accident victim can suffer a serious injury to their knees due to the sheer force and incredible impact that occurs during a car accident.
If you experienced a car accident and have knee injuries, consider calling our legal team in order to learn your legal rights and understand how a West Palm Beach knee injury caused by a car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at (561) 721-0080 can help build a personal injury case to receive the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a knee injury lawyer serving West Palm Beach, call (800) 747-3733
Types of Knee Injuries Related to Car Accidents
According to a study published in PubMed, car accident victims suffer knee injuries due to the impact and external force on the knees they experience during the impact of the collision. Some of the types of knee injuries that occur in car accidents include the following:
- Fractures throughout the knee or leg
- Dislocations involving the knee
- Tendon tears (tendons attach bone to muscle)
- Overall ligament injuries (ligaments hold bones together through joints)
- Anterior cruciate ligament injury (ACL) (often requires immediate surgery)
- Posterior cruciate ligament injury (PCL) (also known as a dashboard knee injury because the knee can hit the dashboard of the car, impacting the shinbone or thighbone)
- Medial collateral ligament injury (MCL) (the knee hits an object inside of the vehicle)
- Meniscus injury (injury to the discs within the knee that provide stability and cushioning)
In many cases, victims that suffer knee injuries in car accidents suffer other injuries as well.
West Palm Beach Knee Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
As indicated above, a PCL injury is more commonly known as a dashboard knee injury and is common in many car accidents. This injury occurs when a knee impacts the dashboard of a vehicle during the event of a car accident. Even if a victim wears a seat belt, these types of injuries may occur.
In these types of injuries, the actual kneecap suffers a direct injury, including possible fracture. These types of injuries are typically excruciating, and victims may remain unable to walk. Swelling typically occurs, and you should receive immediate medical evaluation and treatment by a medical professional or healthcare provider to determine the extent of the injury and receive proper care.
Symptoms of Knee Injuries Following a Car Accident
Every person will have different types of symptoms following a car accident, depending on the type of knee injuries they suffered. Some of the more common knee injury symptoms you should look for following a car accident include:
- Pain (mild or severe)
- Temperature change in the knee area (hot or cold)
- Swelling in the knee area (due to inflammation, fluid build-up, or internal bleeding)
- Discoloration (from infection or internal bleeding)
- A decrease in mobility or strength
- Popping noises
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consequences of Knee Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents
Every victim of a car accident that suffers a knee injury will have a different type of knee injury and different severity levels. Additionally, the age of the victim and current overall health of the victim will impact their healing ability. Some of the treatment for knee injuries include the following:
- Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE Therapy)
- Physical therapy for weeks or months
In some cases, the unfortunate truth is that victims will suffer life-long debilitating pain as a result of their knee injuries resulting from a car accident. Any victim of a car accident caused by another person’s negligence may have the legal right to pursue compensation for their medical expenses, loss of wages, loss of future income, property damage, non-economic losses, and pain and suffering.
If you suffered any kind of injury, including a knee injury, as a result of a car accident, consider calling our legal team in order to learn your legal rights and understand how a knee injury caused by a car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can work with you to get you the compensation you have a legal right to receive under the law. Call us today at (561) 721-0080.
Types of Compensation Available Following a Knee Injury Caused by a Car Accident
Every car accident will have its own unique set of facts and circumstances. However, if you suffered injuries and losses as a result of someone else’s negligence, you might have the legal right to receive compensation for your out-of-pocket expenses and any future expenses you may have.
Additionally, you have the right to receive compensation for your non-economic losses. Some of the types of compensation available to victims following a knee injury caused by a car accident can include the following:
- Medical costs and out-of-pocket expenses related to medical bills
- Future expected medical costs due to the failure of the injury to completely heal or resolve
- Loss of wages due to the victim remaining unable to return to work
- Future loss of income as a result of the victim’s injuries preventing them from returning to any kind of meaningful employment
- Property damage to the vehicle and the contents inside
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Learn More About Your Legal Rights
If you fail to receive a fair and just settlement offer from an insurance company, under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you only have four years from the date of your injury to file a claim in court or lose your ability to do so permanently.
Learn more about your legal rights and how much compensation you have a legal right to pursue by calling our legal team. A West Palm Beach knee injury caused by a car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at (561) 721-0080 can help you ensure your legal rights remain protected.