If you were the victim of a car accident, you may have experienced internal bleeding or other serious injuries. Not only is internal bleeding a threat to your immediate health, it can have a lasting negative impact on your life. You could be suffering from pain, ongoing medical expenses, and might even be unable to work and earn wages. Thankfully, as a victim, you have legal options.
To learn more about how you can get the help you need, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine by calling (800) 747-3733 to discuss your case with a West Palm Beach car accident legal team member during a free case review. A West Palm Beach internal bleeding caused by a car accident lawyer can benefit your case with their help.
Car Accidents in the United States
One of the primary causes of serious injuries like internal bleeding is car accidents. Even if you do everything within your power to stay safe on the road, mistakes still happen. Sometimes an accident is beyond your control, caused by external factors or other drivers. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 3 million people are injured in the United States annually in car accidents, causing over $70 billion worth of damages and healthcare expenses. The CDC reported that in 2016 alone, nearly 300,000 individuals were treated in the emergency room for injuries such as internal bleeding resulting from vehicle accidents.
If you were the victim of an accident that caused internal bleeding, your suffering could have been caused by a third party, and you may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact one of our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers today!
Factors Contributing to Accidents
In the United States, there were over 36,000 fatalities and nearly 3 million injuries due to vehicle accidents in 2018 alone, according to data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS). The injuries caused by car accidents include internal bleeding, a serious condition that can be life-threatening.
If you were the victim of an accident, understanding the contributing factors of vehicle accidents can help you determine if another party was at fault and if you have legal options available. While every case is different, many vehicle accidents are caused by one of the following reasons:
- Distracted Driving: Anything that takes attention away from the road is distracted driving. This can include playing with the radio or console, using a cell phone, eating, or looking away from the road. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that distracted driving resulted in approximately 400,000 injuries in 2018 and it is continually a leading cause of accidents and injury annually.
- Speeding: Speeding laws exist for a reason, and if a driver knowingly or accidentally breaks these laws, their negligence could be devastating. If your injuries were caused by an accident in which speeding played a role, you could have grounds for legal action.
- Operating a Vehicle Under the influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any mind-altering substance is both dangerous and illegal. If another driver was under the influence at the time of your accident, they could be liable for your damages and suffering.
- Driver Error: Sometimes driver error is to blame for accidents. Even the most experienced drivers make mistakes. In many cases, more than one party caused an accident through a mistake or error, and it is possible that your accident resulted from a mistake on the road.
- External Factors: External factors such as weather conditions, improperly marked road signs, or poorly maintained roads can cause accidents. Sadly, some accidents caused by road conditions are preventable and could be due to the negligence of those responsible for keeping our roadways safe.
If you or a loved one suffered from internal bleeding in a car accident, you could have legal rights. Determining who was at fault for your accident could impact the outcome of your claim. If you are interested in discussing your case with a West Palm Beach internal bleeding caused by a car accident lawyer, call (800) 747-3733 and a team member with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you evaluate your next steps towards justice.
Internal Bleeding and Other Forms of Suffering
One injury that results from accidents is internal bleeding. If you experienced internal bleeding, your health could be jeopardized. Internal bleeding is a very serious condition in which bleeding occurs inside the body. It can be difficult to manage and diagnose, and there are no immediately visible symptoms. Internal bleeding can lead to organ failure, shock, loss of consciousness, permanent damage, and even death.
Many internal bleeding victims require long and expensive hospital visits, treatment plans, and rehabilitation that can be difficult to manage financially. If you or a loved one suffered from internal bleeding caused by an accident in which a third party is liable, you could possibly recover damages for your physical, emotional, and financial suffering.
Recoverable Compensation for Victims
Speaking with a West Palm Beach internal bleeding caused by a car accident lawyer can help you understand the types of compensation available for you and your loved ones during this difficult time. While each case is unique, some victims of internal bleeding caused by car accidents can recover medical expenses, damages for pain and suffering, property damage, and more. If you are just exploring your legal options or ready to take the next step, it could be beneficial to discuss your case with a lawyer.
Getting the Legal Help You Need
Being injured in a car accident is a serious and traumatic event that can leave you in a state of turmoil. Nothing is more important than your health and recovery, but it could also be helpful to consider your legal options during this time. By taking legal action against those responsible for your suffering, you could recover the compensation you deserve.
There is a statute of limitations for car accident claims, so take action today to ensure you have a fair shot at justice. Call (800) 747-3733 today for your free consultation. A West Palm Beach internal bleeding caused by a car accident lawyer can build a case for you and work towards the best possible outcome for you.
We Can Help.