Steel trucks include construction trucks, tractor-trailers, and big rigs. Since these trucks are enormous compared to passenger vehicles, they can cause catastrophic damages when involved in an accident.
Victims can suffer severe and life-altering injuries. Our Palm Coast steel truck accident lawyers can help you understand your rights and take action against a liable party. We can pursue fair compensation for your losses.
Our Palm Coast Steel Truck Accident Lawyers Can Build Your Case
If you sustained injuries from a steel truck accident, you could get compensation for various losses, including medical bills. Drivers of smaller vehicles who are victims of a steel truck accident are more likely to sustain severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). If negligence is the cause of the wreck, you can file for compensation and receive compensation from the liable party.
A monetary award can help your family, especially if your injuries lead to long-term complications. We can help by:
- Examining the tire tread marks on the road and the position of the steel truck and other vehicles
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and going over police reports for any errors that may have been ignored
- Looking into surveillance cameras that may have caught the accident
Gathering such evidence to build your case increases your chances of getting fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a steel truck accidents lawyer serving Palm Coast, 800-747-3733
The Common Causes of Steel Truck Accidents
Trucks transporting weighty cargo may undergo collisions, ranging from dropping load that may land on vehicles nearby or the freeway, rolling over due to the imbalance of the cargo, or crashing with other cars.
Some of the most common causes of steel truck accidents include:
- Fatigued Driving: With truck drivers being allowed to rest for short periods, this may not necessarily be enough as they spend long hours on the road. Some drivers may doze off behind the wheel or lose concentration which may, in turn, lead to an accident.
- Inexperienced Driving: Drivers who have received poor training or lack experience with steel trucks may cause an accident. Inexperienced drivers may not know what to do when faced with emergencies, such as an oncoming vehicle drifting into their lane.
- Distracted Driving: Regarding spending long hours on the road, truck drivers may decide to take calls on the cell phone or text as a way of staying awake and alert. This behavior may lead to an accident.
- Mechanical Problems: Trucks with steering or accelerating problems may be considered a significant accident hazard. With the massiveness of the trucks, maintenance issues may have repercussions while on the road.
- Speeding: Steel trucks are heavy, so it takes longer for them to come to a stop. Speeding can easily cause a rear-end collision.
- Prescribed Medication: In some instances, the use of prescription medication may also cause truck accidents, as some drivers may overdose on the pills while trying to stay alert behind the wheel.
Palm CoastSteel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Damages Incurred in a Truck Accident
Suppose your loved one was a wrongful death victim due to a steel truck accident. In that case, your household might file a wrongful death claim to help in acquiring fair compensation that covers pre-medical death expenses, loss of income, and funeral costs.
Damages incurred are often economic, where the measurable or noticeable losses include:
- Current and future lost income
- Assistive equipment, such as wheelchairs and walkers
- Ongoing therapy sessions
- Past and future medical expenses
- A wheelchair accessible vehicle
- Modifications to your home to accommodate a disability
- Care costs, such as in-home nursing care
On the other hand, non-economic damages are immeasurable losses intended to offer compensation for psychological and physical pain caused by the truck collision. These range from mental suffering to disabilities.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Determining Liability in a Steel Truck Accident
After a crash, it may be difficult to determine who or what caused the accident. We can investigate and gather evidence of another party’s negligence. You must prove that the driver was negligent, and this behavior directly caused your accident-related injuries.
Accidents may also occur due to mechanical failure on the manufacturer or a mechanic. The government entity in charge of maintaining the road may also be held liable if it failed to maintain them. A lawyer could help you identify all the responsible parties if your injuries and damages were caused due to someone else’s negligence or intentional actions.
Palm Coast Steel Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Is There a Deadline for Taking Legal Action in Your Case?
Yes, it’s four years from the date of the accident. There is a deadline for legal action in such cases because early legal action could act in your favor. This includes the ability to preserve evidence held by the steel company and other factors that would strengthen your claim and get fair compensation.
If you are contemplating taking legal action for a steel truck accident that you or a loved one happened to be involved in, you must be conscious of the statute of limitations. Please keep in mind that this may vary depending on the specifics of your case.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Review
Have you been involved in a steel truck accident in Palm Coast? Did you sustain severe injuries and are not sure how to go about seeking justice? Hiring a law firm will help you build your case as your legal team will gather relevant evidence, determine who is at fault, and strive to get you fair compensation for your damages.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW