Steel trucks are typically large vehicles with heavy loads. When these trucks get into a wreck, they can do a considerable amount of damage to people and property. Like other forms of car accidents, injuries sustained in these accidents can be severe.
If you were recently injured in a steel truck accident in Brandon, FL, you may have to face a large corporation to seek compensation. In some cases, the corporation that owns the truck, rather than its driver, can be held liable.
You don’t need to go into your steel truck accident case alone. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we’re well equipped to take on a large business in a legal disagreement. Our team can support you as you put your life back together.
Do I Need Legal Expertise?
Steel truck accident cases can get complicated. These cases often involve large businesses and their associated insurance providers. If you hire a lawyer, you’ll be able to focus on your physical recovery. We can handle the legal process.
A steel truck accident lawyer serving Brandon can offer you the following services:
- Negotiate with insurers and the liable party on your behalf.
- Act as your representative throughout the case.
- Advise you on what you should or shouldn’t say to insurance companies.
- Provide answers to any questions you have.
- Initiate your insurance claim.
- File a lawsuit if the liable party’s insurance attempts to bar your claim.
- Represent you in the courtroom, if needed.
The Value of a Steel Truck Accident Case
Steel truck accident cases are all about context. The liable parties in the case can affect its outcome, as well as the damages you received in the accident. These factors, among others, work in unison to ultimately lead to a case valuation. This means that it can be difficult to guess what a case is worth without an expert analysis.
Steel truck accident cases do have a few common damages, though. These damages, and their severity, could contribute to what you receive in compensation:
- Severe injuries.
- Medical costs, both upfront and ongoing.
- Pain and suffering, alongside emotional trauma.
- Loss of consortium (a legal term that refers to the loss of a loved one).
- Lost wages and future lost wages if you are now unable to work.
Several other damages may be included in your steel truck accident case. If you think that another damage not listed here should be involved in your case, consult a legal expert. They can use their expertise to identify which damages should be pursued in your case.
Who Is Liable for my Damages in a Steel Truck Accident Case?
There can be multiple liable parties in a steel truck accident case. Their involvement is contingent on whether their actions resulted in your injuries.
The Company That Owns the Steel Truck
Brandon ascribes to vicarious liability law. This precedent mandates that employers can be held liable for the actions of their employees if said employee is on the clock. Our team can investigate the trucking or construction company’s degree of liability. They may be responsible if:
- They failed to vet and train their drivers.
- They didn’t properly inspect vehicles prior to their usage.
- They encouraged their drivers to work long hours that violate The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) standards.
The Truck Driver
If the steel truck driver was behaving negligently, or not adhering to roadway laws, they can also be held liable. There are a few common forms of negligence a truck driver can exhibit:
- Drunk or drugged driving.
- Ignorance of local roadway laws.
- Not yielding or ignoring the right of way laws.
- Poor braking technique.
- Distracted driving or cell phone use while driving.
- Incorrect turn signal usage.
The Truck’s Manufacturer, or Another Third Party
Sometimes, other third parties can be involved in steel truck accident cases. If the crash was a result of a vehicle malfunction, the manufacturer could be held liable. The company that loaded the truck could also be held liable.
Multiple parties can be included in steel truck accident cases. Our team at The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will identify and pursue compensation from any party they deem liable.
Years of Expertise
We treat our clients like family. We’ll provide you with consistent case updates, and make sure you’re never left in the dark. We can also draw on our network to help you schedule appointments and get your car fixed.
Our clients appreciate our commitment to compassion and care:
- “Ellie Anidjar and the whole team made the whole process after my accident a breeze. I was well taken care of with all my medical needs and any professional questions I had. I definitely recommend them! I couldn’t have gotten better attorneys to handle my case. You will be well taken care of.” – Marcos P.
Affordable Legal Expertise
Our team works on contingency. This means that our payment will only come as a percentage of your final compensation. If you don’t win your case, we don’t either. You’ll never need to pay upfront costs to keep our lawyers around.
We also offer free case evaluations for our prospective clients. During this meeting, we’ll analyze your case and discuss how we can best work together.
Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your Case
If you were recently in a steel truck accident in Brandon, time is of the essence. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you typically have four years to file a lawsuit. This window usually goes down to two years if you’re filing for the loss of a loved one.
These may sound like long deadlines to get started on your case. However, certain factors may impact the duration of your deadline. Similarly, other case logistics can bog down your case. Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you stay on track and make sure you submit the required documentation.
Let Us put Our Expertise to Work for You
We’re eager to support clients in the Brandon area. Contact us for your free consultation.
We Can Help.