Steel may be a larger part of life in Tampa than you realize, as the movement of steel could be crucial to new construction and other aspects of life in and near the city. Trucks carrying steel may be an unavoidable reality, but accidents caused by steel trucks could be avoidable. When steel truck drivers do not take the necessary care to avoid causing an accident, then innocent people such as you or your loved one could become victims of serious injury and potentially fatal injury.
If you or a loved one has suffered negative consequences because of an accident involving a steel truck, then a Tampa steel truck lawyer and their team may be able to help. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a steel truck accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 747-3733
Steel Trucks May Cause Serious Accidents
Large trucks, including steel trucks, have the capacity to cause serious injuries when they are involved in a motor vehicle collision. Such collisions may be caused in at least two general ways, including:
- A truck hauling steel colliding with one or more vehicles
- The steel being hauled by a truck falling from the truck, causing accidents with other vehicles that strike or swerve to avoid the steel material
In either case, a steel truck driver and other parties may be responsible for the damage that results from either type of collision. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has guidelines for how to properly secure loads, and steel carriers must adhere to these rules and generally ensure that their loads are secure.
Steel truck drivers and their employers are also beholden to a duty of care. The Legal Information Institute (LII) explains that this duty of care requires them to “act in the same manner as a reasonably prudent person in their position would.”
When drivers, transportation companies, and others who may be involved in a steel truck accident do not respect the damage that steel trucks can cause, victims such as yourself or your loved one may pay the price.
Failures that May Cause a Steel Truck Accident
Failures at one or more levels could have been the cause of you or a loved one being injured in a collision with a steel truck. A steel truck driver may be the person most directly involved in your accident and may have caused the collision by:
- Being drunk
- Being under the influence of one or more drugs
- Failing to stay in their lane
- Failing to properly secure their load of steel
- Running a stop sign, red light, or another traffic signal
- Failing to check the air pressure or wear and tear of their tires, which could lead to a blowout and an accident
- Making a dangerous turn
- Merging into an occupied lane
- Being distracted while driving
Drivers can cause an accident through these and other behaviors no matter the vehicle they are driving, but the consequences may be greater when the driver is behind the wheel of a steel truck. A steel truck driver’s employer could be legally responsible for the driver’s actions.
In some cases, an employer could be liable because of specific actions or failures on their part. A truck driver’s employer may be negligent by:
- Failing to adequately test their drivers for drug and alcohol use
- Failing to inspect and repair their trucks in a consistent manner
- Failing to properly screen drivers before hiring them
- Failing to hold drivers accountable for on-the-job errors or willful wrongdoing
A Tampa steel truck lawyer may be able to identify all of the failures that played a role in your accident, as well as the individuals responsible for those failures. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to learn how we may provide you or your loved one with responsive legal care.
Tampa Steel Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
A Steel Truck Accident Lawyer May Handle Your Case
Whether you seek compensation through an insurance claim or choose to initiate a lawsuit, a steel truck accident lawyer may be able to handle your case for compensation. Your lawyer’s role in your case may lead them to:
- Formulate your strategy for pursuing compensation
- File your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Gather evidence of how your accident occurred
- Hire experts to aid your lawsuit or insurance claim
- Calculate the costs of your accident-related losses
- Document your injuries and the medical care you have received to date
- Determine the losses you are likely to suffer in the future
- Negotiate an insurance settlement or pre-trial settlement
If your lawyer is not able to negotiate a settlement that compensates you fairly for your losses, then they may represent you through a trial. Your lawyer’s goal will remain the same regardless of what path your case for awards takes, and that is to secure the just amount of compensation for you based on your accident-related losses.
Potential Losses from a Steel Truck Accident
Losses suffered because of a steel truck accident may stem primarily from injuries or the death of a loved one. If you were injured in a steel truck accident, then your losses could include:
- Lost income
- The cost of emergency medical care
- The cost of non-emergency medical care
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
- Diminished earning power
- Damage to your vehicle, which could be totaled
- The cost of transportation to and from medical appointments
- The cost of psychological counseling for trauma
If you have lost a loved one because of a steel truck accident, then you may be entitled to some of the above-listed losses, as well as the cost of your loved one’s funeral and a collective group of losses known as loss of consortium.
Your lawyer will fight to secure compensation for all of your accident-related losses.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants you to worry about getting better while we take care of everything else. Do not wait to call our team, as Florida Statute §95.11 states that you generally have a limited time to pursue a lawsuit for wrongful death or personal injury.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for more details about how a Tampa steel truck lawyer could be of help after an accident causing injury or death.