Steel is necessary for industries like construction and manufacturing. For this reason, it’s not uncommon to encounter steel trucks on the road. Even though truck manufacturers incorporate lighter aluminum, most steel trucks are still bulky and rigid.
A steel truck can weigh thousands of pounds, making steel truck accidents devastating. If you or someone you love were in a steel truck accident, our St. Petersburg truck accident lawyers can help.
Injuries in a Steel Truck Accident
Due to the truck’s size and weight, steel truck accidents can cause severe injuries or even fatalities. Below are some of the injuries you may suffer due to a steel truck accident:
- Neck and back injuries
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
Remember to seek medical attention even if you feel okay after an accident. It may take a medical expert’s assessment to diagnose internal injuries. Additionally, it would help to have a doctor’s opinion on injuries that may need prolonged medical care to understand how they affect your personal injury claim.
What Damages Can I Collect for a Steel Truck Accident?
Every steel truck accident is unique. Our steel truck accident lawyer can carefully assess the damages you can collect for your particular accident. Below is a list of some recoverable damages after a steel truck accident:
- Compensation for current and future medical expenses
- Compensation for loss of wages and future earning capability
- Cost of repairing the car and any other property damaged in the accident
- Compensation for non-economic damages, like stress, mental anguish, or disability due to the accident
- Compensation for wrongful death
If other damages apply to your case, your steel truck lawyer will collect the evidence and include the relevant documentation when filing your case.
What Will My St. Petersburg Steel Truck Accident Lawyer Look for in My Claim?
Your steel truck lawyer will first determine the liable party. Proving liability involves collecting evidence and analyzing medical and police reports to find the at-fault party. Your documentation of the accident scene, including photos, witness accounts, and contact details, will also be essential to proving liability.
Other factors that your lawyer will determine in your personal injury claim include:
- Conditions satisfying a personal injury claim. Remember that not all steel truck accidents qualify for personal injury claims. A steel truck lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to see if it qualifies for a personal injury claim.
- The extent of your injuries. Your steel truck lawyer will assess the extent of your damages and injuries through medical and accident reports to determine the accurate amount of compensation you deserve, possibly asking for more money due to the severity and life-altering impact of your injuries.
- The economic value of your losses. After an accident, your lawyer’s main interest is to ensure you receive fair compensation for medical expenses and all other losses. By evaluating the ongoing and future costs of medical care and all the cost of property damage, your lawyer will create a fair compensation package.
Can I Sue Someone Personally After a Steel Truck Accident?
Yes, you can forgo hiring an attorney to pursue your legal claim, but suing the negligent party yourself has several limitations. First, you may not have legal experience determining liability and negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company. Remember that there may be several liable parties that can complicate the legal and negotiation processes.
Lastly, you may be severely injured following your accident, limiting the mental and physical energy to represent your legal claim. We can handle the legal legwork while you rest.
What Can I Do to Protect My Rights After a Steel Truck Accident?
Knowing what to do after an accident can make a difference in the success of your personal injury claim. Consider the following:
Contact the Police
The police are responsible for gathering information that will determine liability.
Seek Medical Attention
Ensure you visit a hospital even though your injuries seem minor. A medical report is pivotal to seeking compensation for your injuries due to the accident. EMS may come to the accident scene to treat you if the accident is severe enough, but follow-up visits may be necessary with your general practitioner.
Document the Accident Scene
If you’re up to it, take photos of the accident scene and note details of the driver and other passengers involved in the accident. This information is critical to proving negligence and receiving the compensation you deserve.
How Can the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Help Me?
At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we shoulder all the stress of pursuing your personal injury case so you can focus on rest and recovery. We’ve experience dealing with cases like yours and are confident in our ability to offer you the best legal representation.
Additionally, we give responsive legal care by responding to calls and emails on time and updating you on your case’s legal procedures. We also understand the mental toll accident recovery takes on you.
If you have trouble contacting your lawyer, we help you create a convenient schedule to discuss your case.
We Can Handle Your Case
Here at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we work on a contingency basis. We won’t charge you anything unless and until we settle or win your case. We offer free initial consultations on all personal injury claims, including those of steel truck accidents.
Call us today for your free consultation and start pursuing compensation for your personal injury claim.
We Can Help.