After a steel truck accident, you may incur thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages since it might take several months to recover fully. A Hollywood steel truck accident lawyer from the Law offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you file a claim to recover your losses.
Your lawyer will collect evidence, prove liability, file your injury claim, offer legal advice, and negotiate with the insurer for fair compensation for your damages.
Accidents Involving Steel Trucks
To ensure road safety, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all commercial truck drivers to follow regulatory requirements and traffic rules while on the road. These rules are in place to protect truck drivers and other motorists from avoidable accidents.
A steel truck transporting a huge cargo can be dangerous if the truck driver fails to follow these safety and regulatory rules.
The various accidents include:
- A collision between the truck and other vehicles or objects
- Rollovers caused by imbalanced loads or a sudden turn
- Dropped cargo that landed on other motorists
- Dropped loads that fall on the highways
If you were injured in an accident with a steel truck, and the driver violated the federal safety guidelines, you may be able to file an injury claim based on negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a steel truck accidents lawyer serving Hollywood, 800-747-3733
Steel Truck Accidents and Claims Are Complex
An injury claim from a steel truck accident can be more challenging than a standard automobile accident. Here are some reasons why.
- Victims may suffer from severe injuries, taking months to recover. Therefore, the case might begin when the victim is still undergoing treatment.
- Truck drivers may not be the only ones responsible for truck accidents. Identifying liability in a steel truck accident can be challenging since several parties may be liable, including the trucking company, cargo loaders, truck part manufacturers, or other drivers.
- Trucking accident claims may involve the application of particular laws, such as regulatory requirements for commercial vehicles imposed by the FMCSA.
Generally, after an accident involving a commercial vehicle, the responsible party is the trucking company operating the truck and not the truck driver. This means the liable party from which you may pursue compensation can be:
- A construction company
- A government agency in charge of operating the vehicle
- The vehicle’s manufacturer
Your lawyer will gather evidence to show negligence and assign liability to the party at fault. Then, the lawyer will develop a strong injury claim to seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
HollywoodSteel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How to Determine Liability in a Steel Truck Accident
Your lawyer will collect evidence to prove liability. Some evidentiary material includes police reports, medical reports, and data retrieved from onboard recorders.
Your steel truck accident lawyer may visit the accident scene and conduct a thorough investigation. They may obtain video footage from nearby businesses, witness statements, and photos of the accident scene. The lawyer can also seek the services of an accident reconstruction expert to determine liability.
Determination of liability is an essential step in a civil liability case since courts use such determination to award compensation to the victim.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Recoverable Damages After an Accident With a Steel Truck
The at-fault party is responsible for all your injuries and losses after a steel truck accident. As such, you might be entitled to compensation for damages such as:
- Medical Bills: A steel truck accident can leave victims severely injured. Such injuries include internal bleeding, disfigurement, permanent disability, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Compensation for medical care expenses includes doctors’ fees, surgical costs, medication, and physical therapy.
- Lost Income: You may be put out of work after a truck accident during the recovery period or be unable to work. You may be eligible to receive compensation for any income or wages lost due to your injuries. A truck accident can also result in a lifelong disability. In such a case, you may qualify for disability payments which can go on indefinitely.
- Wrongful Death: If you lost a loved one in a steel truck accident, your family might be eligible for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death brings legal remedies and compensates for all financial losses associated with the death. The insurance company will compensate your family for pre-death medical bills, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and loss of household income.
Hollywood Steel Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
You May Lose Your Right to Compensation If You Don’t Act Quickly
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable parties in a steel truck accident. Four years may seem like sufficient time, but building a case, filing an insurance claim, and negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company is time consuming.
If you can’t reach an agreeable settlement with the insurance company, and decide to file a lawsuit and take the case to court, you must do so before the deadline. If you don’t act within that time frame, you may lose your right to compensation. That’s why it’s crucial that you begin the process immediately.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Counsel
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are ready to assist you with your claim after a steel truck accident in Hollywood. We’ll handle all the particulars, including making sure you meet all the deadlines, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Our team will negotiate with the insurer, and if a fair settlement isn’t reached, we are prepared to fight your case in court. Contact us today for a free case review from our steel truck accident lawyer.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW