Victims involved in steel truck accidents can suffer devastating injuries. Out of work with expensive medical bills, victims have the right to hold the negligent party responsible for their injuries and losses. Our Coral Springs steel truck accident lawyer can support you or a loved one in settlement negotiations to get compensation. And if negotiations fail, we have no objection to proving your case in court.
Why Are Steel Truck Accidents Complex?
Steel truck accidents typically cause more harm to victims and their property, and pursuing these cases can be complicated. There are special trucking laws and liability issues surrounding these commercial truck cases. Our steel truck accident lawyer serving Coral Springs can help you navigate these laws and ensure your case follows the correct procedures.
Some of the factors that contribute to the complexity of steel truck accidents are:
- Special laws, for example, the regulatory requirements on commercial vehicles set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- The trucking company can use an in-house attorney to defend them in a commercial steel truck’s personal injury or wrongful death cases.
- Victims can suffer serious injuries and might still be getting treatment while the case continues.
Parties Liable in Steel Truck Accidents
In most cases, the trucking company that operates the vehicle is liable for the accident due to vicarious liability. Vicarious liability is the principle that the employer of the company is responsible for the actions of their employees during work. In such cases, you may be seeking compensation from:
- Local construction companies
- Major construction companies
- Government agencies operating the truck.
Other liable parties in the accident can include:
- Truck manufacturer: The manufacturer might have used compromised parts or made a mistake when building the truck, resulting in equipment failure.
- Truck service company: The company that maintains the truck or the service company can do a poor job and skip over crucial maintenance parts, leading to malfunction.
- Tire company: Poorly manufactured or defective tires can deflate or break apart, causing the truck to veer out of control.
Our Coral Springs steel truck accident lawyer looks at the circumstances involved in your case to determine the liable party. They will also use the available evidence to identify the party and file a negligence claim against them.
Evidence Necessary to Prove a Claim
Whether you file a claim with the trucking company, an insurance company, or seek damages in court, you will need evidence to prove negligence and liability by the at-fault party. This evidence shows the circumstances surrounding the accident and the resulting damages.
Some of the evidence you can use to show causation and negligence includes:
Photos and Videos
You or someone on the scene of the accident can record visual proof of the accident. Pictures of the accident scene or videos of the accident itself could clearly show how the accident happened and the party responsible for it.
Your lawyer can also obtain traffic or CCTV surveillance footage to corroborate your claims. This presents irrefutable proof of the accident and helps support your case when seeking compensation.
Anyone who witnessed the accident or has information relating to it can provide a written or verbal statement of what they saw. Your lawyer then uses this testimony to support your case. You can help your lawyer out by getting the witnesses’ names, numbers, and addresses to make contacting them easier.
Expert witnesses are a key part of any steel truck accident case. You can get medical experts to testify to the cause of your injuries, their severity, and the treatment required. Financial experts can value the intangible damages you incurred and quantify them to get you a potential compensation amount. Accident engineers, reconstructionists, and scientific experts can help reconstruct the accident to recreate what happened. They can also testify to the mechanics of the accidents and help paint a clearer picture of the party responsible.
Police Testimony and Reports
It is important to call the police to the accident scene. They not only help control the situation but also record witness reports and other information relating to the accident. Such information includes admissions of fault, potential witnesses, damages, and any statutory violations. The police officers themselves can testify or write a statement of what they saw at the scene, and your lawyer can use it in settlement negotiations. Refrain from admitting any guilt or apologizing to the other party, as doing so could jeopardize your case.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Apart from gathering evidence and establishing liability, steel truck accident attorneys will also assist you in getting any necessary help, such as scheduling your appointments. They will even help get your car fixed. Our Coral Springs personal injury lawyer will give you answers to your questions and frequent case updates, so you are always in the know.
Lawyers will also help you get compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Cost of fixing or replacing damaged property
- Any surgeries or rehabilitation costs related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life.
Wrongful Death Claims
Our steel truck accident lawyer could help you file a wrongful death claim if you lose a loved one. This claim could cover the following damages:
- Loss of financial support: If the decedent was an income earner, you could get compensation covering their lost income.
- Loss of companionship: If you lost your loved one’s support and affection after they die, or if you had children, your children would lose one source of parental guidance.
- Funeral costs: This covers all funeral arrangement costs and the cost of settling their estate.
Reach Out to Our Steel Truck Accident Lawyer
If you are looking for a steel truck accident lawyer serving Coral Springs, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. Our attorneys will look at your case and give you responsive legal care. You will get your attorney’s phone number and work closely with your lawyer to get you the compensation you deserve.
We Can Help.