As a responsible homeowner, you put an insurance policy in place to protect your property and belongings in the event of a natural disaster. When the unimaginable happens, you should be able to tap into your policy when needed. When you are ready to seek compensation via your insurance provider, our Wesley Chapel personal injury lawyer is ready to support you.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we handle all communication with the insurer including the settlement negotiation process. We will assess your covered losses, ensure nothing is omitted, and handle all claim forms and paperwork. While we take care of the details of your case, you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family.
Our Hurricane Claims Lawyers Will Handle the Details of Your Losses
When our law firm handles your case, we start by listening to your story with compassion and understanding. We respect your loss and are committed to helping you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
We provide responsive, communicative legal support and will:
- Explain how to check your property for damage
- Ensure you get your attorney’s phone number
- Give frequent and timely updates on your case
- Respond to calls and emails and answer your questions
We go the extra mile for you and will not stop fighting until we achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Create a Comprehensive List of Your Covered Losses
Your family is your immediate priority in the aftermath of a hurricane. After ensuring they are safely relocated and receive any medical care they need, though, you should take time to create a complete list of the covered losses to your real and personal property.
To document your losses, we will help you:
- Take inventory of any damaged or lost personal property
- Obtain receipts for every expenditure related to the hurricane
- Take multiple photos of your home’s interior and exterior damage
- Take video footage of your home’s damage, if possible
- Include before and after photos of your home, if available
Our team will want copies of all these items to substantiate your claim. Make sure you have a complete copy of your insurance policy along with any addendums. Store all of these documents in a dry location away from your property.
Do Not Wait to Pursue Coverage from Your Insurance Policy
Do not wait to start seeking compensation from your policy. In Florida, you have a limited time to act on your covered losses and pursue compensation, according to Florida Statutes § 627.70132.
If settlement negotiations are prolonged, or a fair and appropriate offer is never made, our legal team will file a lawsuit on your behalf. This does not mean your case will go to court, since a settlement can be reached at any point. We file your lawsuit to protect your right to keep seeking compensation without letting time run out on your potential lawsuit.
Do Not Speak to the Insurance Company without Us
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we put our familiarity with insurance law and property recovery to work for you. Our Wesley Chapel hurricane claims lawyer will communicate with the insurer on your behalf to prevent any miscommunication and to prevent anything you say from being misconstrued.
Do Not Give Any Written or Recorded Statements
A hurricane is likely to have a long-lasting, life-changing impact on you. Even so, you should avoid making any statements at all regarding your case. While you are entitled to share your version of events and talk about how the experience affected you, you should keep those conversations between you and your legal team.
Since recovering from a hurricane can involve homeowners, hurricane, flood, and auto insurance policies, you should avoid making statements to any of these entities. Instead, let our client-focused team handle all communication related to your claim.
Avoid Posting on Social Media
Social media is an everyday form of technology and communication, and avoiding the temptation to post in the aftermath of a hurricane can be difficult. Wherever possible, avoid doing any of the following:
- Posting pictures of your home or its damage
- Tagging or talking about your insurance company
- Accepting new or unknown friend requests
- Tagging or talking about your legal representative
When we represent you, we only have one goal in mind — obtaining the best possible outcome for you. Anything you post on social media — no matter how innocent it may seem to you — could potentially put your claim at risk.
Reviews and Testimonials from Previous Clients
Recovering from the structural and emotional impact of a hurricane can be challenging. That is why we believe in 360-degree client support. Our previous clients attest to this when they leave reviews like the following:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me…very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
Read additional testimonials on our client reviews page and learn more about how hard we will go to bat for you.
Get Our Hurricane Claims Team on Your Side
Was your home damaged by the wind and water of a recent hurricane? If so, you do not have to fight for financial recovery on your own. Our Wesley Chapel hurricane claims lawyer will help you optimize the coverage offered through your insurance policy, so you can start rebuilding your home and your life.
Get started today by contacting one of our hurricane claims team members at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today.
We Can Help.