Palm Coast, while less exposed than other cities throughout Florida, can be impacted by hurricanes. These flurries of winds and storm surges can wreak havoc on homes with roofing and water damage common. However, Palm Coast property claims can help residents get back on their feet.
Through a claim, you could receive compensation for your losses. However, claiming hurricane damage can be difficult as insurers may dispute your claim. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are committed to the residents of Palm Coast. A lawyer from our firm can assist you with your hurricane insurance claim.
What Can A Hurricane Claims Lawyer Do For Me?
The aftermath of a hurricane is often confusing and stressful. Victims could be left without a place to live, forcing them to seek a hotel or emergency shelter. Dealing with a claim only compounds this stress. That is where our hurricane claims lawyers come in. While you focus on caring for yourself and your family, we can actively pursue a fair claim.
The services we provide our clients are:
- Explain the coverage that your homeowner’s policy provides
- Collect evidence associated with your claim
- File your claim
- Use experts to evaluate the losses you suffered
- Defend your rights
- Identify bad faith insurance practices
Why Should You Consider Hiring A Lawyer?
A few scenarios where hiring a lawyer could prove beneficial:
- You do not understand the coverage provided by your insurance
- You have a complicated case
- It is challenging to prove that your home was damaged in a hurricane.
- You believe that your insurer is not providing you with fair compensation.
A Palm Coast personal injury lawyer could act as your legal advisor. We will aggressively defend your rights and ensure that you understand your policy limits.
The Costs Of Hiring A Hurricane Claim Lawyer
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), hurricanes cause $20.5 billion in damages. Many of these expenses involve individuals who must repair their own homes. We understand that you may be faced with an enormous list of expenses in the aftermath.
For this reason, our firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- You do not have to pay anything upfront
- We only get paid if we recover a payout
We prioritize accessibility and believe financial concerns should not prevent someone from hiring a lawyer. You are entitled to legal assistance during the hurricane claims process.
Insurers May Dispute Your Hurricane Insurance Claim
Palm Coast insurers will be inundated with property claims in the event of a hurricane. They could face billions of dollars in requests. For this reason, they might try to reduce the value of your claim. Remember, insurance providers, are often more worried about their bottom line than your recovery.
Tactics insurers may use to lower your claim are:
- Offer you an unfair settlement
- Claim your home was damaged before the hurricane
- Review your social media to gather evidence
During the claims process to protect your claim you should:
- Avoid giving a recorded statement: Insurers might request you provide them with a recorded statement. In most cases, you do not need to do so. Instead, you can ask that they speak with your lawyer. Giving an insurer a recorded statement could jeopardize your case.
- Be cautious about sharing images on social media: It is not uncommon for insurers to review your social media during the claims process. Do not post information about the hurricane until your claim is complete.
We Deal With Insurers On Your Behalf
We will handle insurers on your behalf. This way, you can take a “hands-off” approach to your case. We will communicate with insurers and protect your best interests during the negotiation process. We can also gather evidence relevant to your case, including:
- Home repair estimates from contractors
- Receipts for expenses you have already paid
- Images of your home and personal belongings
- Details of your insurance coverage
With this information, we can work to prove to insurers that you have a valid claim. In addition, working with a lawyer could increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement.
What Will My Hurricane Claim Cover?
If you have complete hurricane coverage, you could receive compensation for the following:
- Damage to your personal belongings
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Other structural damages to your home
There Are Multiple Hurricane Claims Policies
The amount of coverage you could receive depends on your chosen homeowners insurance policies. Typically, two types of policies apply to hurricane claims: hurricane insurance and flood insurance. Remember that this is a general rule; this information may not apply to your case.
According to Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, hurricane coverage covers home damage resulting from:
With a hurricane policy, you could receive compensation for roof damage and other losses caused by windstorms. You must prove that your residence experienced a windstorm to receive this coverage.
However, this type of policy usually does not cover losses caused by flooding. To receive flood coverage, you must have flood insurance. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides a flood policy called the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which covers losses related to:
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Furnaces and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances
- Permanently installed carpeting
- Permanently installed cabinets, paneling, and bookcases
- Window blinds
- Foundation walls, anchorage systems, and staircases
- Detached garages
- Fuel tanks, well water tanks and pumps, and solar energy equipment
To receive flood coverage, you must prove that your home was damaged by flooding, though. In the absence of proof, insurers may be hesitant to provide you with compensation.
How Much Will I Receive?
Every hurricane claim is unique. For this reason, homeowners receive no “average” amount. These factors could impact the value of your case:
- The outcome of insurance negotiations
- The type of insurance policies you have
- The limits your insurance policies have
- The amount of evidence you can provide to insurers
Remember that you might have a limited time to file a hurricane claim. Therefore, we advise you get started on your case as soon as possible.
Contact a Palm Coast Hurricane Claims Lawyer Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine feel for those impacted by hurricanes. These storms can cause devastating damage, making a recovery feel impossible. Our Palm Coast hurricane claims attorneys are committed to supporting you through this trying time. While you focus on resting and getting back to normal everyday life, we can fight for compensation. We are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies. Contact our office for a free case evaluation today.
We Can Help.