As the city of Palm Bay continues to improve walkability and safety for pedestrians, more people are bound to travel by foot. More foot traffic also could mean the likelihood of more accidents involving pedestrians. You or someone you know may have already been the victim of one.
If so, you may be entitled to collect monetary compensation from the person responsible for hitting you. A Palm Bay pedestrian accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can take on your case and pursue justice for your injuries. We offer a free case evaluation to Palm Bay residents looking to explore their legal options.
Claiming Damages in a Palm Bay Pedestrian Accident
The idea of an accident is a worst-case scenario that most of us could never truly imagine. Rarely do we think about getting struck by a car, badly injured, and being out of work.
When the reality of mounting medical bills, traumatic injuries, and financial hardship comes crashing in on those involved in car accidents, Florida law provides a way forward. Palm Bay pedestrian accident victims can seek compensation. Pedestrians injured in accidents caused by a negligent driver can claim economic damages and non-economic damages.
You Can Recover Money for Your Financial Losses
Economic damages consist of funds covering the financial losses you experienced due to your pedestrian accident in Brevard County. Losses in this category include the following:
- Emergency medical treatment: If you had to receive emergency medical care at the scene or get ambulance transportation from the accident to the hospital, these costs are covered in a claim as well as any life-saving care or surgeries.
- Ongoing medical costs: As you continue to receive treatment and heal, your ongoing and future medical expenses can be recovered following your pedestrian accident.
- Lost income: Physical injuries often put victims out of commission for weeks and months at a time—sometimes even for years depending on the severity of the injuries. If you cannot work due to being hit by a car, you are entitled to receive damages for the income you lost.
- Decreased earning potential: Serious injuries can not only keep you out of work for an indefinite period. They can also reduce your ability to earn at the level you used to when you can return to work. Worse, they may diminish your potential to earn more than you used to. Your decreased earning ability is a quantifiable and recoverable loss.
- Transportation and travel accommodations: Any rental vehicles, ridesharing services, taxicabs, public transportation, or air travel required after you were hit can be recovered in a personal injury claim. Additionally, hotel or living arrangements while traveling due to your accident may be compensable as well.
You Can Collect Money for Non-Economic Losses
Non-economic damages are awarded to address intangible losses suffered in pedestrian or car accidents. These losses may be physical or psychological. Attorneys generally refer to these as pain and suffering damages. They include things like:
- Pain and suffering: Serious injuries can leave you in severe pain, reduce your mobility, and cause you many everyday hardships. Pain and suffering damages are recoverable.
- Mental pain and suffering: You may be able to recover damages for psychological injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, fear, nightmares, anxiety, or other types of emotional distress which affect your everyday life.
- Diminished quality of life: Your overall quality of life is affected when you are suffering from serious physical injuries as well as mental and emotional pain.
Our Palm Bay accident lawyers have the resources and connections to accurately evaluate the total losses related to your pedestrian accident. We will demand the liable party provide the maximum compensation they owe you.
Our Palm Bay Injury Lawyers Provide Responsive Legal Help to Serve You
Our law firm offers responsive legal help intended to get you the money you need to get back on your feet as fast as possible. Our staff is dedicated to making sure your case is handled with the personal attention it deserves. We recognize that while you want someone to take charge of your case for you, you don’t want to be left out of the process. The Palm Bay injury attorneys at our firm take pains to make sure you feel heard and respected. When you choose our firm, we provide:
- A direct line to the injury lawyer handling your accident case
- Answers to your questions and concerns
- Responses to your calls, texts, and emails
- Consistent updates on the status of your case
- Scheduling for key appointments that advance your case
That’s the difference between us and many other injury law firms out there. We don’t just represent our clients. We make sure they’re taken care of from start to finish of the case.
Can I Afford an Accident Lawyer in Palm Bay, Florida?
Our law offices do not charge clients for legal services upfront. We work on a contingency fee, so your injury lawyers serving Palm Bay receive no payment unless they obtain a financial victory on your behalf.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Florida?
You have four years from the date of injury or the date you discover the injury to file a case in court, per Florida Statutes 95.11. As building a compelling case takes hard work, it’s important that you allow yourself and your attorney enough time to do it properly. Waiting until the last minute to initiate a compensation claim can cause you to miss the legal deadline for your Palm Bay pedestrian accident. This can result in you losing the right to file a lawsuit.
For Responsive Legal Help in Palm Bay, Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
The Palm Bay pedestrian accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offer responsive legal service that puts your needs and interests first. That’s the job of our attorneys. We don’t just fight for your just compensation—we do what’s best for you.
Contact us for your free case review. We can discuss your case and put you on the path to financial recovery.
We Can Help.