After sustaining a car accident injury, it can be difficult to cope with day-to-day issues. You may be immobilized and unable to work while you recover. It’s possible you’re dealing with medical expenses that you’re unsure you’ll be able to repay. With the emotional and psychological effects of the accident, your financial problems can become a heavy burden to bear on your own.
Thankfully, with the help of our Palm Bay chest injury car accident lawyer, you don’t have to pursue compensation for your losses alone. We can handle everything related to your claim or lawsuit, so you can focus on your health. Once we take you on, you’ll have access to your attorney’s phone number, so you can get timely answers to your questions and concerns along with frequent case updates.
How Can a Palm Bay Chest Injury Car Accident Lawyer Help?
When you hire our accident attorneys, we handle the legal process from beginning to end. In most cases, that includes the following legal tasks:
- Assessing your legal options
- Seeing if you are eligible to file a lawsuit for damages that exceed your insurance coverage
- In the case of a lawsuit, investigating the cause of your crash and gathering evidence to demonstrate the negligence of the at-fault party
- Consulting with medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and collecting statements
- Identifying recoverable injury-related losses, such as medical expenses, lost work time, pain and suffering, etc.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and liable parties to work toward a fair settlement
- Filing your case-related paperwork with consideration of deadlines and regulations
- Communicating with insurers and potential defense counsel on your behalf
Many more tasks may be required of a legal representative in a personal injury case. For example, more complex cases may involve multiple liable parties, but we aren’t intimidated by the idea of identifying and pursuing anyone who contributed to your losses.
What Damages Can I Receive for Chest Pain Following a Car Accident?
Depending on the harm you suffered, one of our Palm Bay accident attorneys can pursue the following damages:
- Medical expenses – You can receive compensation to cover past and future injury-related medical expenses such as emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Lost wages – Severe injuries that cause chest pain can impede your ability to do your job, which can significantly impact your financial situation. You can pursue compensation for lost wages or future diminished earning capacity.
- Property loss – You can be compensated for the repair or replacement cost of your vehicle.
Some damages are only available through a lawsuit. To receive the following kinds of compensation, your attorney must determine that you are eligible to sue the at-fault party:
- Pain and suffering – Some injury-related losses cannot be assigned a specific value based on monetary costs. You may also recover damages for the physical and emotional pain you’ve suffered due to the accident.
- Scarring, disfigurement, or permanent disability – Some injuries lead to lifelong physical or emotional challenges. If your injuries are life-altering, you may be eligible for these damages.
- Loss of life enjoyment and reduced quality of life – Permanent or long-lasting injuries can take away a person’s ability to engage in activities they enjoy and prevent them from participating in social occasions with family and friends.
Wrongful Death Damages
Family members who’ve lost a loved one in a car accident may be eligible to file a wrongful death case with the help of a personal representative. Some potential beneficiaries are the decedent’s surviving spouse, children, or parents. Recoverable damages can include the following:
- Loss of the loved one’s support and services
- Loss of the loved one’s companionship, guidance, and protection
- Pain and suffering related to the loved one’s passing
- Medical expenses already paid by a surviving loved one
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
The Statute Of Limitations For Chest Injury Car Accidents In Florida
The Florida statute of limitations for personal injury claims is four years from the date the injury occurred, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). This means a lawsuit must be filed within this time frame or you can lose the right to recover compensation. The deadline for wrongful death claims is two years after the loved one’s passing.
The pressure of a deadline can make an already stressful process seem unmanageable. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about these factors when you allow us to take on your case. We will manage your case with awareness of these important deadlines.
How Does a Palm Bay Chest Injury Car Accident Lawyer Prove Liability?
If your case proceeds to litigation, your attorney will need to demonstrate the negligence of the at-fault party. Proving negligence is required to establish a defendant’s liability and must be demonstrated through the following four elements:
- Duty of care – Every driver on the road owes the occupants of other vehicles a duty to drive reasonably and avoid causing harm. Therefore, the other driver involved in your accident owed you this duty of care.
- Breach of duty – A violation or “breach” of duty occurs when another driver fails to uphold this obligation to others, resulting in harm. For example, if the other driver at fault for your accident was speeding, committing traffic violations, or driving irresponsibly, they would have breached their duty of care.
- Causation – Establishing causation requires proof that your injuries were the result of the other driver’s breach of duty. In other words, your accident would not have occurred if the other driver had not been speeding, driving recklessly, etc.
- Damages – Your injuries resulted in recoverable damages, such as medical bills or pain and suffering. These represent your physical and monetary losses.
Proving Negligence in Wrongful Death Cases
Similar to personal injury lawsuits, in wrongful death cases, your attorney must demonstrate that the other party’s negligence or carelessness caused your loved one’s passing. They must also establish that you and/or the loved one’s surviving dependents are suffering financially and emotionally due to their loss.
Contact a Palm Bay Chest Injury Car Accident Lawyer Today
Severe car accident injuries can cause pain, lifelong health conditions, and permanent disability. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation to discuss the compensation you might be entitled to claim. We’ll handle all the legal requirements, so you can focus on healing from your car accident.
We Can Help.