If you suffered injuries on another party’s property due to their negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. A premises liability lawyer in Palm Bay, FL from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you with your case.
We offer legal services for victims who suffered injuries on someone else’s property in or around Palm Bay. Call for a free consultation today at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Palm Bay, call (800) 747-3733
Understanding Premises Liability in Florida
In a premises liability case, you first need to establish that you were allowed to be on the property. Whether you were allowed to be on the property depends on your status at the time of the accident:
- Public Invitee: You were a public invitee allowed on that property that is open to the general public. The owner of the property must maintain safe and secure premises and warn the public of any hazardous or unsafe conditions.
- Business Invitee: You were a guest or patron of a business. Business owners must provide a safe and secure environment for all guests. They must fix hazardous conditions immediately. They must also warn visitors of conditions such as a wet floor, damaged area, or a building renovation.
- Licensee: Someone invited you to their home for a party or other social gathering. It is the homeowners’ responsibility to keep their home free from hazards that might cause injuries. It is also their legal duty to warn you of potential dangers.
- Trespasser: The property owner did not give you permission to enter or remain on their property. The owner owes you no duty of care. However, you may be able to file a claim for injuries if you can establish that the owner intended to harm you.
Palm Bay Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Establishing That the Property Owner Was At Fault for Your Injuries
Establishing that the property owner was at fault may be difficult to do on your own. An Anidjar & Levine premises liability lawyer can help.
We will handle the following to build your case:
- Gather evidence, speak with eyewitness, look at the police report, or visit the scene of the accident
- Speak with your insurance company, medical experts, or the property owner on your behalf
- Submit all documentation including filing your claim
- Provide legal counsel to help you make the right decisions
- Work to protect your right to compensation and develop your case
If we can establish that the property owner was at fault, we may be able to negotiate a settlement with the property owner’s insurance company. If the insurer refuses to settle, we may explore other options such as taking your case to court.
Accident-Related Expenses You May Be Able to Recover
An accident on someone else’s property could incur a wide range of personal expenses. You may be able to file a claim for the following:
- Hospital Expenses: You may have spent time in the ER or a recovery room in the hospital.
- Extended Medical Care: You may have undergone physical therapy and follow-up doctor visits or need to take prescription medication for weeks or months after you suffered your injury.
- Lost Wages: Your injuries may have caused you to miss work, as well as pay and benefits.
- Lost Earning Capacity: You may have needed to take a lesser-paying job or retire. That lost income is compensable.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: This could include anything from travel costs to and from your doctor’s office to renovating your home to accommodate your injury.
- Pain and Suffering: Depending on your injuries, you may be dealing with quite a bit of physical and emotional pain. This is compensable.
What you can recover depends on the circumstances of the accident. Call Anidjar & Levine to learn more: 1-800-747-3733.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Premises Liability Cases We Handle
Although slip and fall cases are among the most common in the state of Florida, premises liability extends beyond the slip and fall scenario. Your case may involve one of the following:
- Dog bites
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Assault or theft due to negligent security measures
Whether you are at work, visiting a friend’s house, or eating at a restaurant, you may have a valid case if another party’s negligence or recklessness caused or contributed to your injuries.
Hiring a Premises Liability Lawyer in Florida
In most premises liability cases, the owner of the property will deny your claim, or they will want to work out a settlement out of court to avoid public scrutiny. Whether you take your case to trial or work out a pre-trial settlement, you may want to hire a premises liability lawyer to help you.
An Anidjar & Levine injury attorney may be able to work with you through every detail of your case. We will file your claim and negotiate with the insurer to recover compensation. If the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement, we can take it to court.
Discuss Your Case with a Palm Bay Premises Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries on someone else’s property, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you file a claim. Get a free, no-obligation consultation from one of our Palm Bay injury lawyers who can answer your questions.
To schedule a case evaluation, call us at 1-800-747-3733.