If you’ve been in a car crash and sustained physical injuries, a Palm Bay car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you recover your losses with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. You could win compensation for your medical treatment, lost income, and more.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offer a free consultation at no risk to you.
Thousands of Injury Crashes Happen Every Year in Palm Bay
Palm Bay is the most populous city in Brevard County and is home to several major roadways, including U.S. 1 and Interstate 95. The number of residents, the convergence of several state roads and highways, and multiple busy intersections mean that the city sees its fair share of car accidents. In fact, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 4,000 injury crashes and 96 fatal collisions occurred in Brevard County in 2021.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious or fatal injury in Palm Bay, our attorneys can help. We assist with accidents involving:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head, neck, and facial injuries
- Back and spinal injuries
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones
- Mental distress and emotional trauma
Three Important Florida Car Accident Case Deadlines
There are three deadlines you must know to avoid missing your opportunity to recoup your losses via a claim or lawsuit:
- You have 10 days to report the car accident. If the police come to your aid, they will file the accident report. If not, it is your responsibility to file the accident report within the first 10 days.
- If you are injured, you have 14 days to get initial medical treatment for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) purposes.
- You have four years to file your lawsuit.
If you miss any of these deadlines, you may not be able to get your car repaired, get your medical care covered, or secure compensation for your lost wages and other damages.
The value of a professional accident law firm, like Anidjar & Levine, is that we can:
- Act to collect and preserve case evidence
- Manage and adhere to insurance and legal deadlines
- Get your vehicle fixed and recoup the cost of repairs
- Ensure you receive proper medical treatment
- Identify and fight for compensation for economic and non-economic losses
Handling your case alone can take enormous amounts of time, not to mention an awareness of Florida’s insurance regulations and personal injury laws. Unless you are a legal expert yourself, our Palm Bay car accident lawyers will have a much more in-depth knowledge of Florida statutes and case law, particularly those related to negligence, personal injury, and PIP.
We Can Help You Pursue Your Personal Injury Case Before Time Runs Out
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to file a wrongful death case. Our lawyers can help you collect evidence, build a case, and file your suit in court before the statute of limitations expires.
Don’t wait to speak with a car accident lawyer in Palm Bay about your case.
How to Prove the Other Party Is Liable for Your Damages
Causes of car accidents are varied:
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield
- Improper left turns
Our legal team knows how to secure evidence like phone records, surveillance videos, photographs, and eyewitness testimony to prove how the accident happened and who is liable. We may also work with expert witnesses, like accident reconstruction experts, who can testify about the crash.
For example, if the other driver was distracted, our legal team may secure phone records, talk to eyewitnesses, and review traffic cameras that may have captured the accident on video.
Ultimately, our case must establish the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant was negligent (e.g., texting and driving, speeding, etc.)
- The defendant’s negligence caused your accident
- You suffered damages, like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering
What Should You Be Doing After a Car Accident in Palm Bay?
- If you have been injured, it’s essential that you seek medical care within 14 days of your accident. According to Florida Statutes § 627.736, only treatment received within two weeks of the time of your accident is eligible for PIP payments. Even if you do not feel seriously injured, set up an exam with a doctor to discuss your symptoms and to check for injuries. Anidjar & Levine can help you schedule your appointments.
- If the police did not file an accident report, you have 10 days to go to the Palm Bay Police Department (PBPD) and submit your report. Do not miss this deadline. If you do, you may lose an important piece of evidence to support your lawsuit.
- If you are reading this page, you are probably already doing what we recommend you do next, and that is – find a local accident law firm, like Anidjar & Levine, to represent you.
What Accident-Related Losses Can You Pursue?
After speaking with one of our attorneys, we will help you determine the value of your claim to include payment for the cost of:
- Car repairs and property damages
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of work and wages
- Household expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death compensation if your loved suffered a fatal car accident injury
What Will Happen Next During My Car Accident Claim?
Once you reach out to our firm, our team will start gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and working with experts to build a case for negligence. We will also obtain your bills, pay stubs, and other records proving your financial losses.
We can file your claim or lawsuit and communicate with insurance agents and other parties on your behalf. We can fight to secure the most advantageous settlement available to you or move forward with a lawsuit.
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you worry about getting better – we take care of everything else.
What Will It Cost to Enlist Our Services?
Our firm’s assistance will cost you nothing out of pocket. We work on contingency, meaning our fees come from a percentage of your successful settlement or verdict. We do not get paid unless you win compensation for your car accident.
Ready to Get Started? Call Us Now to Set Up a Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in Palm Bay
To talk to a lawyer about your case, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to set up a free consultation.
We know how to negotiate and litigate car accidents. Let us help you.
We Can Help.