If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a crash caused by an intoxicated driver, you have options for recovering damages. A Palm Bay, FL, drunk driving car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes, especially not the mistakes of someone who negligently and wrongfully chose to drink and drive. Our team will protect your legal rights and fight for financial justice.
Possible Drunk Driving Car Accident Compensation
After a car accident in Florida, your first option for financial recovery is through a claim with your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. PIP provides medical, disability, and death benefits to you and your passengers, no matter who or what caused the crash.
Our PIP lawyers can help you seek the maximum settlement available under your policy. However, we can pursue damages from a liable party if you have severe injuries and medical expenses beyond your PIP coverage. Compensation for a drunk driving car accident may include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage costs
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Diminished employee benefits
- Loss of household services
We are deeply sorry if your loved one passed away because of an auto accident injury. Our team offers help to wrongful death claimants in Palm Bay. Our attorneys can recover awards on behalf of your family member’s estate and survivors, including medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Our Palm Bay Drunk Driving Lawyers Can Prove Negligence
Drunk driving is illegal in Florida, as it is in all 50 states. Despite this, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported 152 alcohol-related crashes in Brevard County in 2022. Fortunately, you can hold the drunk driver who hurt you financially accountable.
However, to recover damages, the law requires proof of negligence. This means showing:
- The other motorist had an obligation to avoid drunk driving
- The other motorist did not uphold this obligation
- The other driver caused your collision
- You have injuries and damages
Because Florida Statutes § 316.193 outlaws driving under the influence, doing so is negligent per se or “in itself.” Therefore, proving the driver who caused your crash was intoxicated is usually enough to establish fault. Our Palm Bay drunk driving car accident lawyer can build your case using police reports, eyewitness testimony, accident reconstruction data, blood alcohol content (BAC) and field sobriety test results, and more.
Our Attorneys Can Determine Liability For Your Injury-Related Losses
While liability could rest with the drunk driver, social hosts, dram shops, and other third parties could also share responsibility for your damages. For instance, in some situations, if a bar serves or sells alcohol to someone already under the influence, and that patron causes a collision, you could sue the bar for damages.
There is also a chance a vehicle malfunction or dangerous road conditions caused or contributed to your crash. Our thorough investigation into the cause of your drunk driving accident will reveal all liable parties. If more than one party should pay for your losses, we can seek reimbursement from each of them.
Why Choose Our Palm Bay Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyers?
Pursuing a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against a liable driver can seem daunting, especially if you are recovering from a severe injury or caring for a hurt loved one. Fortunately, our firm can put decades of combined legal experience to work for you so that you can turn your time and attention toward your health and your family.
- We always prioritize our clients’ needs above all else. Since 2006, we’ve put our clients’ needs first. We advocate for injured people – not insurance companies.
- We are not afraid to negotiate with insurers. We are proud to say that we resolve most injury claims through negotiated settlements. Our lawyers rely on their skills, knowledge, and insight to get fair outcomes, and we will aggressively seek the maximum possible settlement.
- We never pressure our clients to settle for less than they deserve. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurer, we have no problem filing a car accident lawsuit and pursuing your case all the way to trial if necessary.
- We pride ourselves on consistent communication. Our clients never have to wonder about their case’s progression. We remain in constant communication, promptly answering phone calls, emails, and text messages. We even give you your attorney’s direct phone number. We can also help schedule medical appointments or get your vehicle fixed.
It Costs You Nothing Upfront To Partner With Our Injury Lawyers
The cost of an attorney should not hold you back when searching for a drunk driving car accident lawyer in Palm Bay. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we work for our clients on a contingency fee basis.
This way, you never pay attorney’s fees until and unless we win. When signing a contingency-fee agreement, we agree to take a percentage of your settlement or verdict as payment. You pay nothing out of pocket for our help.
Our Drunk Driving Lawyers Adhere To State Deadlines
You have a limited time to pursue your drunk driving car accident case. Florida Statutes § 95.11 allows four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to sue for wrongful death. However, you want to start work on your claim immediately.
Much of the evidence we need to prove liability may be time-sensitive, such as video surveillance footage. The sooner we can access this evidence, the stronger your case will be. For this reason, we encourage you to consult our team as soon as possible.
In addition, failing to adhere to the statute of limitations will likely lead to the court barring you from taking legal action. An expired statute may also reduce our insurance bargaining power, potentially resulting in a denied claim or reduced settlement.
Client Testimonials And Reviews For The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
We believe our client testimonials speak for themselves. Here is what some former clients have shared about working with us:
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services!” – Adam S.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
Meet With A Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer In Palm Bay For Help Today
You should not have to deal with the financial fallout of a car accident caused by a drunk driver. You can be proactive and take steps to hold the liable parties accountable for your losses, and we can help.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to learn more about working with our Palm Bay drunk driving car accident lawyers. Our firm proudly offers free consultations to personal injury victims across Palm Bay and the surrounding cities. Put your mind at ease and call 24/7 to connect with a lawyer near you.
We Can Help.