Those who own property have certain responsibilities, including keeping legal visitors on the property from being injured by foreseeable hazards. There are many possible hazards that can be present on their premises. If you or a loved one has been injured on another person’s property in Gainesville, you could be eligible to collect compensation for any harm that you have suffered. A Gainesville premises liability lawyer may be able to help you handle your case.
Consult the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for more details about how we can help you with your case.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Gainesville, call (800) 747-3733
Examples of Dangerous Premises
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists several hazards that may exist in a workplace and which could exist in other property types such as businesses or residences. They include:
- Sources of heat, which could include exposed pipes and food-related appliances left on
- Chemicals, whether they are caustic or may be dangerous if inhaled or contacted
- Sources of radiation
- Fire hazards
- Flaws in a building or item’s structure that could lead to an injury
- Hazards related to weather
The list of possible hazards on a property can extend far beyond what OSHA notes. Someone could have grounds to bring a premises liability claim or lawsuit if any of the following occurred on another person’s property:
- A slip and fall accident
- Injury caused by falling objects
- Trauma caused by a crime
- Animal attacks
A lawyer may be able to guide you through the process of seeking compensation for your injuries and losses, and you may not have to pay any of your own money to retain legal services.
Gainesville Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Hiring a Lawyer May Cost Nothing
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that personal injury lawyers may work on a contingency-fee-basis. If this is the case for the lawyer that you hire, then it will mean that:
- You will have to pay no upfront and out-of-pocket costs to hire a lawyer
- Your lawyer will not charge you any fees unless you secure compensation
The ABA says that lawyers usually charge about one-third of your total financial awards for their legal services.
The team members at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine work on a contingency fee basis and will work hard for you. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation and to learn more about hiring a Gainesville premises liability lawyer at no upfront or out-of-pocket costs.
A Lawyer Will Seek Coverage for Your Damages
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident or crime on someone else’s property, then you may be injured, unable to work, coping with the loss of a loved one, and facing an overall decline in your quality of life. A lawyer will seek to obtain coverage for the damages that you have suffered.
There are several steps that a lawyer may take in pursuing such coverage, such as:
- Calculating the cost of specific losses
- Calculating the cost of your total losses
- Predicting losses you are likely to suffer in the future
- Gathering documentation of your losses
- Gathering evidence related to the circumstances that caused your losses
- Contacting witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Handling all administrative responsibilities related to your lawsuit
- Counseling you in any lawsuit-related matters that require your participation
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you at trial if necessary
A lawyer can also provide the benefits of devising all strategies for your case, defending your rights, and taking the legal or insurance process out of your hands. The specific details of your accident and its aftermath may determine the amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages That May Be Covered
Your lawyer will be seeking compensation for your injuries and losses on your behalf. The types of damages that may be covered could depend on whether you bring an insurance claim or lawsuit after your premises liability accident. It is possible that your covered losses may include:
- The income you have lost already because of your injuries
- The income you lose in the future
- Other types of disfigurement
- Medical expenses
- The cost of counseling, medication, and other treatment for psychological trauma
- Damage to your vehicle or other personal property
The harm caused by any accident differs from case to case, and your lawyer will have to review the facts of your case in order to determine the compensation that you could be entitled to. They can do the same if you have lost a loved one and plan to bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
Seek Assistance from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers responsive legal care to you or your loved one in the wake of an injury or death caused by dangerous conditions on the premises. Do not wait to call us, as Florida Statutes §95.11 states that you generally have a four-year window for bringing a lawsuit after a personal injury. If you want to bring a wrongful death lawsuit, then you have two years to file. You may not be able to collect financial awards if you do not submit all the necessary paperwork for your lawsuit by these times.
Consider reaching out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for more details about the benefits of hiring a Gainesville premises liability lawyer.