Both Uber and Lyft provide their clients with a convenient way to get around the city. This convenience isn’t without risk, though. Rideshare drivers are just as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else. On average, car accidents with evident injuries cost victims $29,200 in 2020, according to the National Safety Council.
Were you recently in a rideshare accident? If another party caused your crash, you may be able to pursue compensation. A Gainesville rideshare accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can support you through the duration of your personal injury case.
How Do I Pursue A Rideshare Accident Settlement?
There are typically three compensation avenues you can pursue after a rideshare accident:
- Rely on your insurance plan, like a personal injury protection (PIP) policy
- Pursue an insurance settlement from the liable party
- File a lawsuit against the liable party
Insurance settlements are the most common way claimants receive compensation after a rideshare accident. This process isn’t always straightforward, though. If insurance negotiations fail, you may file a lawsuit. Similarly, the limit of PIP coverage is typically $10,000, which might not account for all your expenses.
Our team will help you explore your options and happily answer any questions about your case.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, 800-747-3733
How Much Will I Receive In Compensation After A Rideshare Accident In Gainesville?
The potential value of a rideshare accident depends on a range of factors, including:
- The liable party
- Whether the liable party was carrying insurance
- The outcome of insurance negotiations
- If the case involves a lawsuit
Uber and Lyft provide third-party liability insurance to their drivers. This policy will only apply to your accident if a rideshare driver caused it. If you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle that another driver struck, you’ll likely have to negotiate with their insurer instead.
The coverage rideshare insurance provides fluctuates depending on the context of the accident, too:
- If the app was off: No coverage is provided. You’ll have to communicate with the at-fault driver’s personal insurance company.
- If the app was on, but the driver had not received a ride request yet: Up to $100,000 in bodily injury per accident and up to $25,000 in property damages
- If the driver was on their way to a passenger or carrying a passenger: Up to $1 million in coverage per accident
This variability in insurance coverage means that few rideshare accidents play out the same way. Therefore, it is difficult to guess the value of a case without a professional review.
Your Gainesville rideshare accident attorney can work with you to assign a value to your case. This estimation is important. It will allow you to arrive at the negotiation table prepared – you’ll know a bad settlement offer when you see it.
Damages are the types of compensation in a rideshare accident case.
Economic damages, which account for financial losses, include:
- Lost wages, if your injuries prevented you from working after your accident
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses, if you lost a loved one in the accident
Non-economic damages are less tangible. They cover the emotional suffering you experienced because of the accident, including:
- Pain and suffering
- A quality-of-life reduction
- Loss of companionship or consortium in a wrongful death case
Your Gainesville rideshare accident lawyer can pursue all applicable damages on your behalf. Our team believes our clients deserve fair compensation for their losses, both economic and non-economic.
GainesvilleRideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Why Should You Hire A Rideshare Accident Lawyer In Gainesville?
Under Florida law, you can pursue a lawsuit as a pro se litigant, which means without legal representation. You can also settle with an insurer without hiring a lawyer.
However, rideshare accidents and their associated legal proceedings can be complicated. We’re familiar with the messy aftermaths of rideshare accidents. We know you may face mounting medical bills and aggressive insurers.
Our team will manage every aspect of your case. This way, you won’t need to worry about the painful details. We provide these benefits to our clients:
- The phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Prompt responses to your questions
- Consistent case updates
- A contingency payment plan, so you don’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case – our services are completely risk-free
- Assistance with case-related appointments
These services are designed to give you peace of mind. Rest is important after a rideshare accident. We’ll make sure you’re taken care of. This is what some of our previous clients have said about our compassionate legal services:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
We’ll Communicate With Insurers
Insurance negotiations are key to most rideshare accident cases. This process is risky. If you say the wrong thing to an insurer, they may try to reduce the value of your claim. Similarly, if you agree to a bad settlement, you won’t be able to pursue further compensation later. Under Florida Statutes § 627.7015, settlements are final and legally binding.
Our team knows what to expect from insurers. We will:
- Push for the best settlement possible
- Handle all communications with insurers
- Advise you on what to say to insurers
- File a lawsuit if insurance negotiations don’t have a desirable outcome
We’ll Build Your Case
To win a settlement battle, you need to have a strong case, regardless of if you’re filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our team will start by reviewing the evidence associated with your case, such as:
- Video footage or images of the accident
- Police reports
- Witness interviews
- Expert statements
- Medical records
Your Gainesville rideshare accident attorney will use this information to highlight the liable party’s negligence. If you can’t assign negligence, you can’t pursue additional compensation.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
You Have A Limited Time To Act After A Rideshare Accident In Gainesville
Rideshare accidents are subject to Florida’s personal statute of limitations. This deadline is four years from the accident date, per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
You should get started on your case as soon as possible. While most rideshare accidents don’t involve lawsuits, you don’t want to lose legal action as a bargaining chip. Our team will file your documentation and make sure we meet your deadlines on time.
Gainesville Rideshare AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Hire A Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
A Gainesville rideshare accident lawyer from our firm can take charge of your case. With our help, you can worry about getting better while we take care of everything else. Call our offices for a free case evaluation today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW