Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, and they may result in serious injuries requiring ongoing treatment and long-term care. After an accident caused by a negligent driver that left you with injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your expenses and losses. If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident, it is important to know your rights, what your options are regarding filing a claim, and how the assistance of an attorney may be beneficial to you.
Additionally, if you lost a loved one to a motorcycle accident in Alachua County, an attorney may be able to assist you as well. To learn more about pursuing compensation for your injuries with the assistance of our Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyer, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. We offer responsive legal care and go the extra mile to ensure you are compensated fairly to manage your recovery.
Common Damages in Florida Motorcycle Crash Cases
You and another motorcyclist can be in the same crash and still suffer different injuries and damages. So, your settlement or court award should reflect the expenses and losses you experienced. You may have grounds to go after compensation for:
- Past and projected medical expenses: For medications, surgeries, imaging scans and diagnostic tests, hospital stays, medical equipment, physical therapy, and ongoing care
- Lost income: For the time you missed at work while recovering
- Loss of future earning capacity: For the difference in income if you cannot go back to work
- Scarring: For the scars and disfigurements from your accident-related injuries
- Pain and suffering: For the discomfort and inconvenience your injuries have inflicted on you
- Mental anguish: For any anxiety, sleeplessness, or other emotional problems you’ve had from the trauma of your accident
- Property damage costs: For the money to repair or replace your motorcycle or any other property destroyed in the crash
Wrongful death damages may be available to those who lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash. This compensation may cover the costs of the decedent’s final medical care and burial and funeral arrangements.
Compensation will provide you with the means to access the treatment you need while helping you move on from this horrible event.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, 800-747-3733
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were 8638 motorcycle crashes that resulted in 594 fatalities in the state during 2021. Motorcycles present an especially vulnerable situation on roadways, and many motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers who are either distracted or not paying full attention to the road.
In some circumstances, when motorcycles attempt to pass other vehicles, they are often not seen, and they get hit in the process. In other common situations, drivers traveling at high speeds cause collisions by making errors that result in crashes with motorcycles. In many of these instances, motorcyclists are injured severely or, unfortunately, killed.
Motorcycles offer their drivers very little protection from injury in an accident. There are no doors, no roll bars, no airbags, and nothing to break the impact if they are hit. As a result, while motorcycles were involved in only about 2% of car accidents in Florida, between the years 2016 and 2021, about 17% of car accident fatalities involved motorcycles, according to data from Ride Smart Florida.
Potential Benefits of Working with a Gainesville Accident Attorney on Our Team
After a car accident, you may be far from physically or mentally able to take on a claim against an insurance company alone. From the stress of the recovery to the ongoing paperwork, phone calls with adjusters, and tension of not bringing in income if you are out of work, if you were injured, you most likely do not have extra time on your hands for more responsibilities.
In this regard, an attorney may be very helpful, offering legal guidance as well as other types of support. Some of the ways a lawyer may be a benefit to your case include:
- Offering much-needed support: Your lawyer and their team can manage your case so you can concentrate on your recovery. Some people are unsure if they have the time to pursue compensation after an accident. When you work with a Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyer on our team, however, they take the reins of the case and handle all aspects of it.
- Gathering evidence of the crash and your injuries. Your attorney will investigate your case to establish the responsible parties and show how the crash has affected your life. Common forms of evidence in these cases include the police report, photos of your injuries and the scene at different angles, video footage, eyewitness statements, traffic citations, and medical records.
- Offering flexibility in terms of payment: Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on a contingency-fee basis. This means we charge you nothing up front, and you pay fees only after we secure a financial settlement for you. As your motorcycle accident lawyers, it is our aim to fight on your behalf to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Managing communications: When dealing with insurance companies, communication is an essential aspect of the process, and when you work with us, we will manage this aspect entirely. It can be easy to say the wrong thing when you are nervous or unsure, so it can be a major relief to let the attorneys handle the discussions.
- Negotiating a settlement that covers your expenses: We’ll send a demand letter to the other party’s insurance provider and ask for a settlement. Usually, they come back with a low offer, so your attorney can proceed to negotiations until they find common ground with the insurer.
- Going to court if we cannot reach an agreement: Generally speaking, we settle personal injury cases out of court. In the rare event we don’t have that turnout, our lawyers will prepare your case for trial.
On top of dealing with the legal aspects of your case, we prioritize client service. When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will provide you with responsive legal care from start to finish. Expect to receive regular case updates, get your attorney’s phone number, and hear from us soon after you email or call us.
If you need help making accident-related appointments or getting your car fixed, we can help and give recommendations. You won’t be alone at any part of this process.
GainesvilleMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How a Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Attorney May Help Build Your Case
After being involved in a motorcycle accident that resulted in injuries, it is important to know you may be entitled to recover compensation to cover your expenses and losses related to the accident. It may be helpful to discuss your case and its circumstances with a legal professional.
During an initial consultation, they may evaluate specific aspects to help determine approximately what your case is worth. They can assess the level of fault the other driver contributed, along with other aspects of the case, such as whether the driver was speeding or distracted when they caused the accident.
They will consider what your medical expenses have been since the accident, what kind of injuries you sustained, and what you should expect to pay for ongoing medical treatment related to your injuries.
Establishing the Other Party’s Negligence
When building a case, your Gainesville motorcycle accident attorney will work hard to prove the accident occurred due to the other driver’s negligence and breach of their duty of care to other drivers on the road. This negligence is what led to your injuries and the need for ongoing care and medical treatment.
As a result, you should not have to bear the burden of the costs associated with the accident when it occurred by no fault of your own. Our team will work hard to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions and pursue maximum compensation for your losses and damages. Contact us today to learn more.
The Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Crash Lawsuits in Florida
In Florida, you have a limited window of time to pursue a lawsuit for compensation after a motorcycle accident. Per Florida Statute § 95.11(3)(a), for personal injury lawsuits, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you only have up to two years to act, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
So, it is important to not lose sight of these deadlines. Time can pass quickly, and it would be unfortunate to lose your opportunity to collect the compensation you deserve.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
A Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Our Firm Could Help You
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, discussing your case with a legal professional may provide insight into the potential of your case.
Contact the professional legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free, no-obligation case review today. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW