Public and private property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises reasonably safe for visitors, guests, and invitees. If you were injured by a hazardous or defective condition while visiting someone’s property, our Palm Harbor premises liability lawyers can help you pursue compensation.
You will need to prove the property owner knew or should have known that the premises were unsafe and failed to remedy the situation. We can help demonstrate their liability for your losses. Learn more about your legal options below.
How Much Is My Palm Harbor Case Worth?
Being injured through no fault of your own is frustrating and stressful. This unplanned event can leave you unprepared for the physical, emotional, and financial fallout often associated with a personal injury.
In addition, being unable to earn an income while you recover can add further pressure to an already difficult situation. We want to help seek an award that can get your life back on track.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the specific details of your case. Factors such as how severe your injuries are or being partially at fault can affect the value, for example. Our lawyers can evaluate your case and advise whether or not filing a claim is in your best interest. However, damages are typically awarded for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Expenses related to your ongoing care
- Lost wages and compensation for any impact on your employment
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If the accident caused the tragic loss of a loved one, surviving family members could pursue compensation via a wrongful death lawsuit. Our team is always available to answer any questions you have about making a claim.
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer from This Firm Help My Case?
Our premises liability lawyers have the resources, experience, and knowledge to manage all the details of proving your compensation claim. We do the legal heavy lifting so that you can focus on your recovery rather than a complex legal case. To do this, we typically:
- Gather the evidence needed to establish liability and the cause of your accident
- Prove negligence resulted in your injuries and losses
- Review your medical records and determine the extent of your injuries
- Manage negotiations with insurance companies
- Review settlement offers
- Shoulder the legal responsibility of your claim so you can focus on your recovery
- Represent you in court if a suitable settlement cannot be agreed beforehand
Is It Expensive to Hire Legal Help?
Many people worry about the cost of hiring an attorney. However, through a free, no-obligation case review, we help determine if you have a valid premises liability claim against a negligent property owner.
We also provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not have to worry about out-of-pocket expenses. In short, there is nothing for you to pay unless we recover compensation for your claim. Our fees are deducted from an agreed percentage of the award granted.
Does My Personal Injury Qualify as a Premises Liability Case?
A premises liability accident can happen virtually anywhere. People responsible for parking lots, hotels, construction sites, shopping malls, private property, schools, or any premises with access to the public have a legal duty to provide a safe environment. When this does not happen, and an injury occurs, a compensation claim may be filed.
Examples of premises liability cases we manage daily include:
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents
- Poorly maintained premises (business or rental properties, etc.)
- Swimming pool accidents
- Property floods or water leaks
- Exposure to mold or other toxic fumes or chemicals
- Elevator and escalator accidents or malfunctions
- Snow and ice fall accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
- Poor lighting or security resulting in injury or assault
- Amusement park ride accidents
- Faulty or dangerous building conditions (broken stairs or handrails, etc.)
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, if someone else’s negligence injured you, we are here to help you through it.
How Long Will My Case Take to Settle?
While there is limited time to begin legal action, there are no hard and fast timelines for settling personal injury cases. However, our lawyers can give you an idea of how long your case may take to complete, but keep in mind this is just a guideline. Many factors can influence the progression of your claim, such as:
- Disputes about liability or injuries
- Your medical prognosis and treatment
- Gathering evidence and other supporting documents to build a robust case
- Time required for negotiations, especially where disputes are involved
- How long it takes for an insurance company to settle or resolve disputes
Once you agree to a settlement, you cannot pursue a further claim if your injury develops into something more serious. Therefore, it can be prudent to weigh up all of your legal options before agreeing to an offer during a free case evaluation with our legal team.
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Pinellas County?
In Florida, a premises liability lawsuit must be brought within a certain time period. If you fail to meet the state-imposed deadlines, you may see the court dismiss your case. Do not let a negligent party get away without a fight.
Keep in mind, negotiating with insurance companies can eat up more time than you expect. Moreover, it can be beneficial to act sooner rather than later to preserve evidence that supports your case.
Call for a Free Case Review
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped many satisfied clients recover the compensation they deserve. We want to see how we can help you after suffering an injury through no fault of your own.
Let’s get through this together. Start your claim today by calling for a free consultation at 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.