A spinal cord injury can transform your life forever––not just physically, but financially. Working in your field of employment may now be impossible. You could find yourself drowning in a wave of medical bills and other injury-related obligations. You may wonder if you’ll ever return to life as you knew it.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine advocates for spinal cord injury claimants in Alachua County. Our Gainesville spinal cord injury lawyers can pursue the damages you need to promote your quality of life. We offer free case reviews where you can explore your options without pressure.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injury Happen?
We advocate for car accident claimants who have suffered harm from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Violent acts
- Sports activities
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse/neglect
- Dangerous/defective products
If someone’s negligence caused your spinal cord injury, you can file a claim or lawsuit to seek the recovery you need. We will be by your side every step of the way.
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit
Florida limits the time you have to file a civil lawsuit. Most claimants generally have four years to file their cases, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Here’s what you need to know:
- Your filing period usually begins from the date of your spinal cord injury.
- You have less time to file a wrongful death lawsuit (per Florida Statues § 95.11(4)(d). Here, you typically have two years to file your lawsuit.
- Filing your case outside of its filing period could forfeit your right to damages.
Seeking compensation for a spinal cord injury is challenging enough. You don’t want to add another layer of complication to the mix by filing your case too late. Our lawyers will manage your case and file it within all appropriate periods, preserving your right to compensation.
We’re Ready to Pursue Your Injury-Related losses in Alachua County
Compensation could account for your economic and non-economic losses. Economic damages refer to your financial losses, and they include lost wages, medical bills, and out-of-pocket costs related to the accident, such as rehabilitation.
You can also seek compensation for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and mental anguish. Non-economic damages are difficult to assess, but our team will determine what you need.
Florida Imposes Caps on Punitive Damages
There is no cap on economic or non-economic damages. However, there are caps on punitive damages. Punitive damages are monetary damages intended to punish the defendant for their egregious behavior.
Under Florida Statutes § 768.73, these damages are limited in Florida to three times the amount of compensatory damages or $500,000–– whichever is larger.
Punitive damages are exceptionally rare, and the courts only award them in certain situations.
We’re Ready to Manage Everything Your Case Requires
When you partner with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can expect your team to:
Manage Your Injury Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
It costs you nothing out of pocket to partner with our injury team. We work on a contingency-fee basis, so a portion of your settlement or court award pays for our efforts. This means that you can secure legal help without worrying about retainers, hourly rates, or by-the-service fees.
We want to provide legal help to every spinal cord injury claimant in Gainesville.
Gather Supporting Evidence
You need compelling evidence to support your compensation claim. Our team will find and use the accident report, your imaging scans, and eyewitness testimony. With the information we uncover, we’ll assert that because another party caused your condition, you deserve compensation.
Help Schedule Your Appointments
Our law firm has partnered with some of the best medical facilities in northern Florida. With our team on your side, you can expect more than just legal support; we’ll also help schedule appointments with care providers in our network. We can also arrange to have your car repaired, if you suffered harm in a collision.
File Your Claim and/or Lawsuit
You generally have two options when seeking damages in an injury case. You can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer, or you can file a lawsuit. Both of these options come with their own unique challenges. Yet, you can expect our legal team to combat each of them.
Our Clients Rave About Our Quality of Service and Commitment
We’ve served countless people since we opened our doors in 2006. When asked about our service, previous clients have noted:
- “Shire Patel was the attorney that helped us through the compensation process. Very personable and empathetic, he assured us that we would be taken care of… All of our medical expenses and treatments covered, as well as taking care of the finances for our totaled car. Would highly recommend to anyone that has gone through an unfortunate accident and needs counsel for all the stress that accompanies it.” –– Neil B., former client.
- “Great law firm! My attorney was “Shire Patel”, he took care of everything for me including doctor visits & therapy, he kept in touch throughout the entire process walking me through every little detail & I was able to reach him any time I had a question. Professional & family oriented firm that looks after your best interest. Fully satisfied with the end result, thanks for everything shire!” –– Zardy M., former client.
Begin Your Free Case Review with Our Florida Legal Team Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we take each claim seriously, thoroughly examining cases to make sure our clients’ needs are met. If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury because of another party’s actions, you have legal options. Our team is ready to review your case and advise you on your next steps.
Call our law office today to get started.
We Can Help.