Ridesharing services like Lyft can get patrons home after a drink at a bar or restaurant in Downtown Fort Pierce or take tourists to sites like the Arcade Building and Old Fort Pierce City Hall. However, these vehicles are not immune to accidents, and a collision involving a rideshare driver may leave those injured wondering where to turn.
Fortunately, compensation may be available if you suffered injuries in a crash with a rideshare vehicle or while traveling in a Lyft or Uber. If your accident was not your fault, a Fort Pierce Lyft accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can pursue awards on your behalf with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
What Causes Lyft Accidents in Fort Pierce?
When rideshare services entered the market in 2010, many believed they would reduce the number of motor vehicle collisions by providing intoxicated drivers with convenient alternative transportation. In reality, the overall number of crashes has not decreased, and car and pedestrian accidents have increased at passenger pick-up and drop-off locations, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Lyft accidents, like most car accidents, often stem from a driver’s negligent actions. Possible causes include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving, using navigation, or engaging with a rideshare app
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to stop at a marked intersection
- Aggressive or reckless driving (road rage)
- Failing to maintain lane position/illegal passing
- Making an improper turn
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Fort Pierce, 800-747-3733
Lyft Accident Liability
Who bears financial responsibility for your Lyft accident depends on the circumstances of your crash. Lyft drivers owe their passengers and others on the road the same duty of care expected from all motorists. If their negligent or reckless driving led to your injuries, they may be liable for your damages.
Additionally, because Lyft drivers use their personal vehicles, they may be responsible for any accidents stemming from negligent maintenance. Vehicle issues could also be a car manufacturer, auto parts maker, or mechanic’s fault.
A third party could also be at-fault for your injuries. For example, liability could rest with the driver of another passenger car involved in your collision or a negligent pedestrian, bicyclist, motorcyclist, or commercial vehicle driver. Our Fort Pierce Lyft accident lawyers will investigate your crash and pursue compensation from those responsible.
Fort PierceLyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Lyft Accident Insurance
Several Florida laws may apply to your case when seeking a settlement for your Lyft accident. First, Florida’s no-fault insurance model (Florida Statutes § 627.7407) means you will turn to your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover at least a portion of your medical damages. You can seek additional medical awards and other damages through a liability insurance claim or lawsuit if you have severe injuries or your treatment exceeds your PIP.
Because Lyft drivers are independent contractors and not employees, it is very difficult to hold Lyft financially accountable for a driver’s negligent actions via a lawsuit. However, you may qualify for compensation under Lyft’s liability insurance.
- When the rideshare app is off
- The driver’s personal automobile insurance policy applies
- When the app is on and the driver is waiting for a ride request
- $50,000 for injuries to one person
- $100,000 for injuries per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
- When the app is on and the driver is picking up or transporting passengers
- $1 million in automobile liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection as required by Florida Statutes § 627.727
We can help you with your PIP claim and a claim against Lyft’s insurance. If a third party caused your collision, we can seek compensation via their automobile policy, but Florida’s liability insurance minimums are much less for private motorists than rideshare drivers.
If a motorist’s coverage does not satisfy your losses, we may be able to recover compensation in a civil lawsuit. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years to file a personal injury case and two years to pursue action for the wrongful death of a loved one.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Lyft Accident Damages
Every personal injury case is different, and the compensation available to you depends on factors unique to your accident and injuries. We will review bills, pay stubs, and receipts and speak with you about quality of life reductions due to your injury. In general, we can pursue awards for:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency department treatment
- Hospital and doctor bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Prescription drugs, medical equipment, and medical devices
- Long-term care services
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs and personal property damages
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical discomfort
- Stress, anxiety, and mental anguish
- Household services
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Fort Pierce Lyft AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Our Fort Pierce Lyft Accident Attorneys Will Fight for You
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has been helping personal injury clients seek justice since 2006. Our team understands how physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing a car accident injury can be. We want to help you secure compensation quickly, easily, and without burdening you and your family. We can:
- Collect case evidence, including police reports, medical records, and witness statements
- Work with crash reconstruction specialists and other experts who can testify about your accident, injuries, and damages
- Assess your out-of-pocket losses and estimate your future accident-related damages
- Draft your insurance demand letters, file your claims, and track deadlines
- Negotiate to achieve the most advantageous outcome possible for your case
- Represent you during a trial if necessary
Call The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Today
Waiting to seek compensation delays the awards you need and may also reduce your chances of a successful settlement. Do not let the insurance companies or opposing counsel get a head start on building a case or provide them with reason to deny your claim.
Call our offices today to take advantage of our free consultations. A member of our team can answer your questions and connect you with a Fort Pierce Lyft accident lawyer who can take your case on contingency.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW