Pedestrian accidents are both expensive and traumatic. If you were struck by a car while walking or bicycling, you deserve compensation for your losses. Our firm’s Fort Pierce pedestrian accident lawyer can advise you and help you explore your legal options.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help You After an Injury
Our personal injury team knows what you’re going through. We understand the frustration of dealing with the aftermath of an accident that might not have been your fault. We’re committed to providing a hassle-free legal experience.
We’ll give you the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case and answer all your legal questions. Our lawyers are more than just compassionate and responsive, though. We will pursue compensation on your behalf.
Compensation usually comes from insurance settlements in pedestrian accident cases. First, you’ll turn to your insurer to see their coverage. In Florida, personal injury protection (PIP) insurance usually applies to the victims of pedestrian accidents. If this coverage isn’t sufficient, you could pursue the insurer of the party that caused your accident for additional compensation.
Negotiating with a responsible party’s insurer is risky. Their goal isn’t to help you pay all your medical expenses. They want you to settle for as low as possible. To reduce the value of your settlement, they may try to poke holes in your claim or suggest that you were partially responsible for the accident. If you agree to a low-value insurance settlement, you can’t pursue further compensation.
Our team will handle these negotiations:
- The insurer will have to communicate with us, not you.
- We will advise you on what statements you should or shouldn’t say to insurers.
- We will push for the best compensation possible.
- We will identify lowball settlement offers.
- We can work to protect you from bad faith insurance practices.
- We can pursue your own insurer if they fail to adequately compensate you via a PIP claim.
Insurance claims in Florida are a complicated matter. The state adheres to a no-fault rule, which can bar you from filing a lawsuit. Our team can happily answer your questions if you’re confused by this law.
Building Your Fort Pierce Pedestrian Accident Case
Every strong pedestrian accident case hinges on evidence. You can’t prove that someone else caused your injuries if you don’t acquire sufficient evidence. There must be a clear at-fault party to pursue compensation beyond your personal insurance coverage.
Our lawyers are familiar with the evidence-gathering process. We will investigate:
- Traffic cameras
- Images of the accident
- Eyewitness statements
- Your medical records
- Statements from a relevant expert, like a crash reconstruction specialist
Determining Fault in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
In a pedestrian accident, an at-fault party could be:
- A motorist
- A vehicle manufacturer
- A party responsible for the maintenance of safe roadways
To suggest that another person is responsible for your injuries, we will work to prove the four elements of negligence:
- That the at-fault party was responsible for ensuring that you were safe
- That they failed to uphold this responsibility
- That this failure caused your accident
- That you suffered losses from your accident
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Fort Pierce, 800-747-3733
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Will Not Ask You To Pay Upfront Fees
Pedestrian accident lawyers use a range of different payment plans. Some ask for hourly wages, whereas others require a single up-front fee. There’s nothing wrong with these payment methods, but we prefer to put our clients first.
We’re aware you might be in a difficult financial situation and unable to provide us with upfront payment. For this reason, we adhere to a contingency payment plan. With this plan, we:
- We require no upfront payment
- Only get paid if you receive a settlement
- Review your case free of charge
Fort PiercePedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Our Team Will Valuate Your Pedestrian Accident Compensation
Compensation varies across pedestrian accident cases. It can be impacted by:
- The degree of coverage your insurer provides
- Whether or not a lawsuit is involved in your case
- The outcome of insurance negotiations with the liable party
These factors aren’t static; they’re inextricably linked to the context of each case. Therefore, pedestrian accident cases don’t have a “standard” or “average” value. Much of their value is contingent on insurance negotiations and legal proceedings.
We Can Estimate the Value of Your Case
Damages, the specific types of losses you can receive compensation for, account for the other part of a case’s valuation. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Our team can tally your damages and help you estimate a fair valuation for your case. These damages will fluctuate based on the type and severity of injuries you suffered in your accident. When it comes time to negotiate with insurers or file a lawsuit, we can use this estimation to protect you from unfair settlement offers.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
The Deadline for Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits Could Affect Your Case
Pedestrian accident lawsuits are subject to Florida’s personal injury statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). This statute provides a four-year deadline from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit.
We recommend that you start as soon as you can on your case. While many pedestrian accident cases can be settled without a lawsuit, it’s always good to have legal action as an option. Similarly, the more time we have to investigate your case, the better. We want to be able to build you the strongest case possible.
Fort Pierce Pedestrian AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
What You Should Know About Our Representation Style
While you focus on healing, we’ll focus on your case. This is what our previous clients have said about working with our lawyers:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Vivana J.
You can read more client testimonials on our website.
Call Our Pedestrian Accident Legal Team Today
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that in 2020, there were an estimated 104,000 emergency room visits for the victims of pedestrian accidents. Without the protection of a vehicle, pedestrians struck by cars can suffer from serious injuries, like paralysis, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). We could help if you suffered such an injury due to negligence.
Our lawyers are here to make your life easier. Our Fort Pierce team doesn’t want you to fret over the details of your case, like insurance negotiations or medical expenses. With our team at your side, you can spend your energy where it really counts, like tending to your pedestrian accident injuries or supporting your family. Call our offices.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW