Rideshare companies like Lyft offer convenient transportation. But if you or a loved one were hurt in an accident involving Lyft, you may be facing costly medical bills, time from work, and pain and suffering.
If you were involved in a Lyft accident in West Palm Beach, you may have grounds for an insurance claim or lawsuit. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can answer your questions, field phone calls from insurance companies, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Damages You May Receive in a Lyft Accident Claim
Lyft accidents can involve pedestrians, cyclists, and other drivers. You may have been a passenger in the rideshare vehicle at the time of the accident.
The severity of your Lyft accident and the driver’s status at the time will determine what damages you could receive. In a Lyft accident, your damages may include the following:
- Current and future medical expenses (e.g., you may require long-term rehabilitation based on your accident-related injuries)
- Lowered quality of life
- Damage personal property
- Reduced earning capacity
- The loss of a close relationship, also known as loss of consortium
- Emotional damages
A claimant in a Lyft accident can receive compensation for two types of damages: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are financial losses following the accident. They can include medical expenses or damaged personal property.
Non-economic damages are less tangible. Generally, they refer to the physical and emotional losses resulting from the accident. A lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can determine a value for your claim, so you have the coverage you need.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving West Palm Beach, 800-747-3733
Lyft Accident Insurance Coverage
Lyft covers their drivers under a company insurance policy. This coverage has different policy limits based on the driver’s status when the accident occurred:
- If the driver’s app was off: The driver’s personal insurance policy covers the damages.
- If the driver’s app is on and waiting for a trip assignment: Lyft’s insurance will cover up to $50,000 a person for bodily injury, up to $100,000 for an accident with injuries, and up to $25,000 for property damage.
- If the driver’s app is on and they’re picking up passengers or in the middle of a trip: Lyft’s insurance will cover up to $1 million in damages for third-party liability.
Lyft’s policy states if your injuries and losses exceed the driver’s PIP policy limits, this is when the company’s coverage will kick in. Our Lyft accident lawyer serving West Palm Beach can help identify the liable party and file a claim on your behalf.
West Palm BeachLyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
The Benefit of Working With a Lyft Accident Attorney
You are not required to hire a lawyer after a Lyft accident. However, there are benefits to having a lawyer by your side.
Insurance companies aim to minimize their costs. They may take advantage of your compromised position and offer you a low-value settlement that does not cover the full value of your damages.
Our lawyers can negotiate with insurance companies. We can build evidence related to your case and file your claim. If the involved insurer continues to low-ball your case, we can initiate a lawsuit.
You don’t need to deal with Lyft’s insurers on your own. We encourage you not to provide a written or verbal statement to an insurer without first talking to our team. This information could be used to reduce your claim.
Our Services Are Risk-Free
We won’t become another financial concern in your Lyft accident case. We offer a pricing plan that is risk and hassle-free:
- We work on contingency. Contingency means that we only get paid if we win your case. You won’t pay anything upfront or out of pocket. Our payment is a percentage of the compensation we obtain for you.
- We offer free case evaluations. Initial contact with our team is free of cost. We can answer questions and provide you legal advice during this case evaluation.
We Care About Our Clients
We treat each of our clients as we would our own friends and family. When you choose to work with our firm, you will receive:
- The phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case
- Consistent updates on the status of your case
- Help scheduling appointments with our network of medical providers
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
The Reviews Are in for Our West Palm Beach Injury Lawyers
We’re proud of the reviews previous clients have left us. They illustrate our dedication to our past clients and their cases:
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
- “I was very pleased with the service I received from the law firm of Anidjar and Levine. I was glad I picked this law firm to represent me. Shire was very attentive and worked hard to make sure all of my concerns were sufficiently addressed. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone!” – Viviana J.
West Palm Beach Lyft AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Liability in a West Palm Beach Lyft Accident Case
Liability refers to responsibility. The liable party in your case owes you compensation due to their negligent actions. Our team can review the evidence associated with your case and work to assign liability.
The following parties could be liable in your Lyft accident case:
- The Lyft driver
- The company
- Another third-party driver that could have caused the accident
If a Lyft driver is responsible for your injuries, you will file a claim against their insurance provider. Determining liability can be a complex process. Our firm hires experts such as accident reconstruction specialists who can identify the at-fault party that supports your case.
Time Limits to File a Lawsuit in a Lyft Accident Case
You have a limited time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in civil court per Florida’s statute of limitations.
- Personal Injury: You have four years from the date of the accident to file per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Wrongful Death: If you are filing for the loss of a loved one, please accept our deepest sympathies. You have two years from the date of their passing to file per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
If you are unsure how these statutes affect your case, our lawyer will guide you. A deadline shouldn’t stop you from receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
You deserve fair compensation after your Lyft accident, and our team can help you achieve this goal. We won’t leave any stone unturned and provide prompt answers to all your questions.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW